MAC Lustre Capricious

MAC Lustre Capricious
MAC - Capricious Lustre LipstickMAC - Capricious Lustre LipstickMAC - Capricious Lustre LipstickMAC LustresMAC Capricious

4.3

on 1/14/2017 8:38:00 AM

I'm starting to become a little addicted to Mac lipsticks and this has to be my favourite so far. I love plum coloured lipsticks with a bit of shine but I'm really fussy and it Ive had a hard time finding the perfect one since Clinique discontinued my favourite one! I find some look the perfect colour in the tube but look really dark and vampish and are a bit too dense looking when you put them on your lips. This is just so wearable and because it's a lustre shade it has a lovely sheen to it and it also feels very nourishing on the lips. Please keep making this!

I hope they never discontinue this shade. It may not be the most mentioned MAC lipstick and might not look like anything special from the tube, but to me, this color is so versatile. One swipe and I can wear this as an every day look, or wear it over Plum lip liner for evening. Absolutely gorgeous shade either way. And I love the texture of this lipstick - never drying with a semi shine. Gorgeous!! :)

on 11/25/2015 12:19:00 PM

Couldn't love this lip color any more :)
It is definitely a lip color you can wear anywhere at anytime w any look
My lips can get chapped esp in the cold here in Canada but honestly it doesn't even chap my lips. .it has a moisturizing feel to it.
It's a color that everyone must have ! It's not too bold and not too boring.

OMG I LOVE THIS! It reminds me of Kate WInslet in Titanic... Romantic, beautiful and classic, every girl should have it in their arsenal.

on 9/1/2015 7:24:00 AM

I wanted a plum lipstick and was introduced to this. But this looks like a dark plum. Something for fall. Overall a dull color. I didnt like it. I prefer Mac`s Plumful. It has red undertones and suits me better. Only the luster finish is nice.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

New color that I'm obsessed with. On my pale skin, this reads as kind of a pinky red... correction, a fabulous pinky red! I'm not sure why this color doesn't get more reviews or feedback online. If I could make this a cult fav. for everyone I would. It is supposed to be color worn by someone on a tv show (Once or something) regularly. I found it by trying on shades at a MAC counter. It is a frost, so not overly intense which kind of is why I like this shade so much. Very buildable. Purchased with the Soar pencil. Perfection! So glad I found this one! LOVE it! Bought one and then went back and bought another for my purse.

on 3/4/2015 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Capricious is a smoky, plummy rose colour with a hint of gold in it. On my lips it's the same colour as in the tube. It's incredibly wearable because as it's a lustre, it's not a heavy or matte lipstick. It's not quite sheer but its soft, moisturising and feels lovely on. Apparently MAC describes it as "demi-sheer" which is a good description for the finish. I always have a tube of Capricious in my handbag because it goes so well with most looks, wears well and makes my lips feel good.

This shade is a pretty, muted reddish brown color which definitely isnt a nude but it's not BAM in your face ether. It's perfect to brighten your face for a casual day or a work day. I find it really wakes me up for a work day and flatters my face. I also love the lustre formula because it's not drying nor opaque. Don't expect more than 2 hour wear though, reapplication is necessary.

probably the only lustre i like the color id nice and it doesn't dry up like the others but i can find this color any brand not worth 16.00

on 7/16/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NOTE: This shade (w/MAC Plum lip liner) is the combo Lana Parilla, evil queen/mayor on Once Upon a Time, wears when she is the mayor. I have similar coloring but my skin is a touch lighter & pinker.

I waffled on this purchase for 6 months. I tried what I thought were better alternatives for what ever reason, Plumful, Sweetie....both nice. But Capricious is what I really wanted and I was drawn to. The swatches online were so varied...some looked more pink, others rosey, other swatches what it looks like on me...a berry red. On my NW20 (deep soft winter), almost black hair brown eyes, this is a red toned berry (instead of a purple toned berry). It is juicy enough to work in the warmer months & look great, but at its heart shines best in fall/winter. I put Capricious on and I finally felt that "oh yeah" feeling I had been waiting for with my previous purchases. I would see it on Lana Parilla (Regina/Evin Queen) on Once Upon a Time but think "it won't look like that on me"....but it does :) It is that berry red goodness. If I want to add some more vamp to it, you can use Plum lipliner.

For the record, I like the other two shades. Sweetie is great for all year round, very safe and easy. Plumful is very pretty, but didn't give me that "oh yeah" feeling I got when I put on Capricious. With Plumful I would hear "nice lipstick". With Capricious, I hear, "wow, you look great!" It just makes my features pop more. I have kept all three though. They all have their place. in my order of favorites are Capricious, Sweetie then Plumful.