Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.7

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This face moisturizer was a huge disappointment. Everything about it really didn't work for me. The formula was way to thick and made my skin extremely oily and peeled right off my face after a feel hours- it looked terrible. I wasn't impressed by the packaging either, it came in a bulky plastic container and the lid was hard to screw on. I really thought I would enjoy this after all the good things I'd heard about it but I really wasn't at all impressed. I do not recommend this, especially to people with oily skin.

on 12/31/2009 7:45:00 AM

My skin is combination extreme....very oily t-zone and very dry (dehydrated) everywhere else. I bought this to use as a night cream because during the day I can only wear a very strong sunscreen. I needed something to help with fine lines and something to soothe my dry flaky parts so that I could apply foundation in the morning on well hydrated skin.

I've been using this product for a week now and it is doing the job perfectly! It has a nice light feel, no scent, and it absorbs very well. I will buy this again, the price is right 18$ CAD

I was looking for a night moisturizer with vitamin E, and this seems the right product, since I use Marcelle multi-defense lotion and it's hypoallergic, maybe this will work.
At first, there is a weird stinging and burning sensation, then I searched for its ingredient, found it's menthol, which was supposed to give me the cooling sensation. But after awhile, I felt this moisturizer is pretty good. My face felt velvety and really moist, and I feel this gel-cream can be absorbed really well, no greasy feeling at all like all other moisturizers.
However I'm still not sure whether it helps my complexion and it's a little pricey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel was somewhat absorbed by my skin. This does occasionally burn and make my eyes water if I put on just a bit much. As to moistrizing, it really doesn't do much. It is light and didn't give me breakouts. I did wake up with pretty nice looking skin when I use it as a night cream. I kind of like the whole concept Vitamin C and other ingredients. Nonetheless, I still feel that there are many other moistrizers out there for me to try. Perhaps I'll buy this again but as of now, no.

on 11/28/2006 7:14:00 PM

I just bought the Hydra-C line. I work at Shoppers and this is an Xmas gift set, so I figured I'd give it a whirl since I like to use products that are cruelty free (marcelle is, they state it on their site). Anyways, this is a nice moisturizer, but just a SMIDGEN not enough moisture for my cheeks in the winter, although I'm sure this would be perfect for me in the summer. It absorbed quickly and my skin is soft. This is suitable for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

on 7/13/2004 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product! I've used many different products from more expensive brands such as Clinique and Estee Lauder and this moisturizer has been by far the best for my combination skin. It absorbs very well into my skin and does not cause break outs like others I've tried. Marcelle's entire skin line is very good, and though I am not so fond of their makeup line(especially the colours for their blushes) I will continue to by this moisturizer, especially in the winter!

on 4/29/2004 5:47:00 PM

this product is very good. the menthol in the cream takes some geting used to, just make sure it isn't anywhere near your eyes. i find it very soothing to my skin. my sister used this too, after she had an unfortunate run-in with the aveeno products containing salicylic acid- they chewed her face right up. the marcelle cream soothed her skin, and restored it to what it was pre-aveeno. a nice cream for combination skin gals.

Popular Moisturizers