Essie Fishnet Stockings

Fishnet StockingsEssie Fishnet Stockings

4.5

on 9/12/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

In the bottle, the color looks quite dark; however, on the nails, it is lighter. On my MAC NC30 skin (light to medium skin with warm/yellow undertones), this appears as a very warm red that is almost burgundy. In some lighting, it looks like a true, dark red; however, in most lighting, it looks more like a burgundy/berry color. I was hoping for a more deep, true red color; however, I still get compliments on the color of my nails.

While I'm not 100% in love with the color, the formula is quite nice. It goes on opaque in one coat. Paired with the Seche Clear Base Coat and Seche Vite Quick Drying Top Coat, I got around 5 days of wear before chips started to appear. I am not delicate with my nails (opening cans, washing dishes, typing quickly, etc.) on a daily basis so I found this acceptable. I did find that after being exposed to air, the polish formula got a bit thicker but it was not unusable and did not require nail polish thinner for continued use.

I won't repurchase this color because I wanted something that was a bit more of a true, deep red rather than a warm-toned, burgundy one. I will be trying A-List next in search of my perfect red nail polish.

[Edit 09/21/17: Since I've been wearing it more, this color has grown on me. It reminds me of the color that Mia Wallace wears in the movie Pulp Fiction. I'm still on the fence about repurchasing it; however, I most likely will if A-List does not work out for me. I am bumping my rating up from a three to a four.]

on 11/13/2015 12:16:00 PM

There are so many great reds out there, this one just didn't make the cut for me. On my nails, Essie's Fishnet Stockings was just slightly bland and dull. It didn't look sexy or special, and with so many reds to choose from I wouldn't come back to this one.

Good formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.
My favorite reds are OPI's Malaga Wine and Essie's Macks. I also love Lippmann's My Old Flame, Butter London's Her Majesty's Red, and YSL's Rouge Pop Art. All of them are perfect reds for me.

I would not buy this one again.

on 7/22/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Classic blood red - neutral in my opinion would suit many skintones and is a classic bright based red. I am not a big fan of red polishes and I don't really enjoy this one either. The formula is also tricky to work with - slow drying and chips easily so I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A gorgeous and sexy blood red. The formula is perfect. if you're careful, only 1 coat is needed. I recommend this colour to EVERYONE.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is ny HG red. It is deep and rich. I have read many reviews that recommend this for paler skintones, but medium and tan skinned girls can rock this. On short nails, this is so sassy. I wore it to a wedding and it lasted for days after, with little chipping and then only on my thumbs at the tips. I used a base coat and two coats. A day later, I put on a clear gel coat. I keep coming back to this though I have several other reds. Try it medium skintoned and golden girls!

on 10/20/2014 12:20:00 PM

Love this color!!! I have tons of reds and bought Fishnet Stockings because I saw on a blog that it was a dupe for Butter London Saucy Jack. It's sat in my stash waiting for fall and I am so glad I finally tried it.

Perfect red to me - not an in your face color but still light enough that you can tell it's red and not brown, black, burgundy, etc. On my pale cool skin it looks like a dark, subtle, classy perfect red. I also have OPI Got the Blues for Red and I like this color WAY better. I agree with the reviewer who said it's very "sex kitten" on short nails. I had to use two coats, but the Essie thin brush made it easy to place the color so I didn't flood my cuticles or make a mess anywhere else. I used Gelous and SV and I am in day 3 with no wear which is very good Essie wear for me.

on 11/17/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My HG of nail polishes! Perfect deep ( not dark) red oxblood colour with two coats...very flattering against my very pale olive skin...warm but not " burgundy" or " brown masquerading as red". Goes on streak free , wears well with top and basecoat...will certainly buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Fishnet stockings is the most perfect burgundy colour I have ever come across. It definitely has a bit of an edge to it, but it's still vibrant enough to prevent it from getting a gothic vibe. On shorter nails, it looks very 'sex kitten-ish' while on longer nails it gives your hands that timeless elegant and feminine look. I do disagree with other reviewers saying that you can get it opaque with only one coat, although you can apply multiple layers without ever getting streaks or 'pooling'. For me, this is a must-have nailpolish for any women and I find myself grabbing this color very often, especially during fall or the festive season.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This polish was decent. There is more about it that I like rather than dislike. Fishnet stockings is the perfect romantic red color. It isn't too blue based or too brown based, and I'm sure it would look good on all skin tones. It's truly the perfect shade of red. The formula was smooth, and two coats was just enough.
However, although I applied a good top coat, this polish chipped really easily. I wound up taking it off withing the first couple days of wear. Also, it has a really small brush. I have super small nails, but this brush still made it difficult for me to cover my entire nail, especially the thumb.
Overall, this is a very nice red polish. Great for everybody!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have at least 8 red polishes and this is by far my favorite. I've found that it's the most opaque out of my collection. You could probably get away with just one coat but I always do two just to ensure that it will wear for quite awhile. If you're looking for a classic red, this is the one for you.

Popular Polishes