4.4

price range

Reviews

from

12 years ago

My nailpolish used to chip like mad... it was not until I switched to Mavala 002 Protective Base Coat that I discovered (as I suspected) that the Avon base coat I was using was the culprit. With Mavala 002 the chipping problems are gone (just normal tipwear). I mean no chipping at all, regardless of the nailpolish brand. No stained nails either. Applies easily and dries reasonably quickly. I am halfway through my first bottle, but I'll sure stay loyal to this product and repurchase. In case anyone is wondering, this is a standar 10 ml bottle, not the mini Mavala size. My only objection: the product glues the cap to he bottle. Be sure to rub some vaseline around the bottle neck to prevent this problem. The cap is pretty good quality, though, because it resisted my rather aggresive methods to reopen the bottle. Ingredient list: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Green 6 (CI 61565)

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I'm loving the new dark shades of polish, but even with two layers of base coat my nails were staining. Until I discovered this little beauty. No more stained nails, and I could swear my manicures look twice as good!

About reviewer (554 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

14 years ago

This a super-great base! Really makes nailpolish Last & last & last! Makes my nails really superstrong! Packaging Quality is awful though!

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

16 years ago

My favorite base! this makes my polish stay on forever! Iam currently on my 2nd bottle!

About reviewer (190 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

16 years ago

I bought this product as part of the Mavala Discovery kit and was sufficiently impressed with its performance. I can wear any color chip-free for a week. Although somewhat expensive compared to other DS nail products, I say you get what you pay for when you buy this base coat. I will repurchase this base coat when I run out.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium