Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Though the packaging has changed, I still love this product. I'd love it more if it came in a pump bottle though. Anyway, aside from that, it's impossibly light feeling for how well it moisturizes. It's a bit of a hidden gem, if you ask me. It has nearly no discernible odour, no colour and no freaky ingredients. It sinks in almost immediately and soothes angry skin on contact. Though it is much better for summer due to its lightness, I still keep it around in winter as a weightless daytime moisturizer.

No frills. No bells. No whistles. Inexpensive. What's not to love... except for the fact it comes in a tub. Oh well. I'll continue to scoop it out with a butter knife, because it's awesome stuff.

on 12/24/2015 9:47:00 PM

The best moisturizer for me. I have been using this product for probably 10 years. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I wish I could slather on the thickest moisturizer out there every day but that makes me breakout. This product is very, very light and watery and goes on smooth. If you're looking for a thick cakey product this is not it. It will not leave any residue on your skin. I can't live without it. I use it every night after washing my face. In the winter I have very dry skin, so once a week I exfoliate with coconut oil + sugar. And then using this product every day works perfect. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin. And it's really cheap!

This is my favourite moisturizer. I have tried so many that are either too light and don't do anything or too heavy and break out and irritate my sensitive skin. This is the perfect moisturizer to have in a basic skincare routine for every day use. It doesn't do anything special or miraculous but it's simple, it works, and it's a staple in my routine. Plus, for the price you get a ton of product as a little bit goes a long way. Mine will probably last me a year. Love this!

This is my HG moisturizer. I have sensitive combo skin and my SO has acneprone combo skin. I've been using this for the spring/summer, so if winter comes and it's not enough I'll be sure to edit this review. It doesn't leave any residue. It's absorbed quickly. It's not too heavy and yet moisturizes well. This is stuff is awesome for my skin. The tub is nice because I can get all of the product out, I just have to be sure to have clean hands before I use some!

on 5/2/2013 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best ever! Ive tried everything -I want something natural but also something that works! Heaven in a jar - ive battled red cheekies for 5 years now because I do too much to my face! Lol! Even all natural products and sensitive skin care products! Anyways this calmed my hot little cheeks in one day! One day and I'm 46! The glycerin in this is natural not synthetic I love plastic but this really does process on the skin better! Evens skintone doesn't cause acne its brilliance in a jar and natural - great base for makeup neutralizes the skin into perfection! It does dry matte when first applied and later provides the right amount of moisture - I don't get it! All I wanted was to find something natural and healthy for me that works right my skins loving me back again! And I want to tell the world! I ordered from the dessert essence site! Sweet! Thumbs up! PS/ the jars a dusky red/orange with a chocolate lid so the boys can use it to! Bonus happy faces! Lol!

I actually just repurchased this moisturizer. After using up the first tub, I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy another simply because I thought I could solely rely on jojoba oil (also by Desert Essence) as my moisturizer. While the jojoba oil was doing a good job on its own, it still felt weird not having an actual moisturizer, and the jojoba felt a little greasy since it's getting warmer. I read other reviews about this having a strange sweat-like scent, and honestly, I don't smell anything at all. I'm also not particular about scents either; there's really nothing that bothers me, so I guess my nose isn't sensitive enough.

This is what I would call a "dry" moisturizer. It hydrates my face, but I can't see any trace of it after it absorbs into the skin, and it absorbs rather quickly. Thus, it gives me a matte finish. It's not sticky at all; just very smooth (I have combination skin, but it's relatively normal most of the time). It's a really nice light-weight moisturizer for spring, summer, and fall. During the winter, if I want a little more moisturizing properties, I add a little jojoba or vitamin E oil as a boost.

I like the ingredients, it doesn't break me out, fairly inexpensive (I think I paid less than $5), and one tub lasted me for well over a year. Overall, it's a basic moisturizer that does what it's supposed to do, and I would definitely repurchase.

I got a deal on Amazon for 3 of these. I really like it. I'd say it is a "no frills" product, but it does make my skin look beautiful. Someone else said it's almost like a primer, and I agree. It is very matte on the skin. It doesn't have much of a smell to it, and it never breaks me out or makes me blotchy like other moisturizers have. It's not glamorous but it works very well.
I love a lot of other Desert Essence products as well. Their chai lotion is awesome. :-)

I LOVE this moisturizer. Why aren't all lotions in jars that let you get every last drop without a fuss? Not only that, but most moisturizers make me break out, whether or not they are oil free. This one I can use every day, it is not greasy at all, it leaves my skin really soft, and I don't see any adverse effects. Best moisturizer ever!

on 12/16/2011 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Still on the quest for a cruelty-free alternative to Olay Classis Sensitive Skin. My skin is quite sensitive but otherwise 'normal', so I just need a basic moisturizer. I seem to react to many moisturizers containing sunscreen. As a result, my preference is for non-SPF products, and I apply a baby sunscreen as needed.

I picked this up after trying the tester a few times in my local New Seasons to get a feel for whether I would react. I am very glad I did. It's a light cream with a pleasant, mild scent. It sinks into my skin very quickly and leaves a matte finish. The moisturizing is just right for my skin and not at all greasy. A little dab normally does for me, though I apply a bit extra if it's particularly dry out. I'm not in love with the container as I don't care for tubs, but I can live with it. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 10/20/2011 10:34:00 AM

Consider me part of the fanclub. I use this as a night moisturizer after my retinoid pads. Doesn't break me out and keeps me skin soft till morning. Love the price and the ingredients. Keeps my skin more moisturized than many other much more expensive brands. HG product. I wish it wasn't in tub form, but that is only a minor complaint compared with the benefits.