Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

on 4/2/2016 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this moisturizer for about a year. I gave it a good go because I liked the ingredients and the brand. I never realized that this was what was causing my skin to break out until I stopped using it recently. After doing more research on oils, I realized the oils in this moisturizer can clog pores, which is exactly what it did to me. I never used to have whiteheads all over my forehead until I started using this, and after a week few since discontinuing it they are completely gone! I just thought my skin was changing as I got older, but nope, it was the lotion. It is NOT non-comedogenic, so if you are acne-prone this may not work for you. As for the product itself, it smells nice enough and has a nice whipped-like texture, but it is a light moisturizer. It's okay for the summer months, but did nothing for me in the winter. My skin still looked and felt dehydrated, tight, and had flaking even after applying it multiple times. This would be a good product for someone with normal skin who lives in a warmer climate.

on 12/24/2015 9:47:00 PM

The best moisturizer for me. I have been using this product for probably 10 years. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I wish I could slather on the thickest moisturizer out there every day but that makes me breakout. This product is very, very light and watery and goes on smooth. If you're looking for a thick cakey product this is not it. It will not leave any residue on your skin. I can't live without it. I use it every night after washing my face. In the winter I have very dry skin, so once a week I exfoliate with coconut oil + sugar. And then using this product every day works perfect. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin. And it's really cheap!

To Read all 118 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/24/2014 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A little bit drying I think…tried it a few times, no go. sad because it is organic! my skin is in between dry and oily. i like giovannis one, did wonders on my skin but the fragrance is a little irritating -___-

on 9/23/2013 9:41:00 PM

I wish I read all reviews before by it.
This made my face burn and turn it red for few minutes.
I did try it 3 times...same reaction, not any more!

My skin is always parched so I'm perpetually on the lookout for a good moisturizing product. This ladies, is definitely not it.

First of all, as another reviewer said "the mattifying effect is horrifying". I like to have a soft, supple and Dewey appearance, and this cream makes my already dry skin look completely dehydrated and reflecting absolutely no light whatsoever. It leaves a tacky residue on my face and makes my skin feel tight, and dry. Its as if it sucks up the very little oil my skin produces. Maybe this would be a skin cream for a very oily skin type, but even to that I am skeptical because it is so heavy. Yuckkk.

I mixed it with some coconut oil and it made it bearable. But once I get another cream this is getting tossed into the trash, probably the worst cream I've ever used, and I've used a lot.

on 8/4/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use the desert essence shampoo and conditoner and shower gel, so thought I would give the cream a go, unfortunately I had a reaction to it my skin went very red and tight, I have had this before with another organic face cream.
I love the rest of the range but had to throw the face cream awaydue to my reaction to it.

This is my favourite moisturizer. I have tried so many that are either too light and don't do anything or too heavy and break out and irritate my sensitive skin. This is the perfect moisturizer to have in a basic skincare routine for every day use. It doesn't do anything special or miraculous but it's simple, it works, and it's a staple in my routine. Plus, for the price you get a ton of product as a little bit goes a long way. Mine will probably last me a year. Love this!

This is my HG moisturizer. I have sensitive combo skin and my SO has acneprone combo skin. I've been using this for the spring/summer, so if winter comes and it's not enough I'll be sure to edit this review. It doesn't leave any residue. It's absorbed quickly. It's not too heavy and yet moisturizes well. This is stuff is awesome for my skin. The tub is nice because I can get all of the product out, I just have to be sure to have clean hands before I use some!

on 5/2/2013 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best ever! Ive tried everything -I want something natural but also something that works! Heaven in a jar - ive battled red cheekies for 5 years now because I do too much to my face! Lol! Even all natural products and sensitive skin care products! Anyways this calmed my hot little cheeks in one day! One day and I'm 46! The glycerin in this is natural not synthetic I love plastic but this really does process on the skin better! Evens skintone doesn't cause acne its brilliance in a jar and natural - great base for makeup neutralizes the skin into perfection! It does dry matte when first applied and later provides the right amount of moisture - I don't get it! All I wanted was to find something natural and healthy for me that works right my skins loving me back again! And I want to tell the world! I ordered from the dessert essence site! Sweet! Thumbs up! PS/ the jars a dusky red/orange with a chocolate lid so the boys can use it to! Bonus happy faces! Lol!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i didn't find much about this to stand out from the rest of the pack. this could be a good thing, but it wasn't in this case--desert essence is not readily available, nor cheap enough, nor impressive enough, to make it worth the while. i would recommend trader joe's moisturizer in the pump packaging if you are looking for a moisturizer that's overall easy on the wallet, skin, and a no-brainer.