Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Though the packaging has changed, I still love this product. I'd love it more if it came in a pump bottle though. Anyway, aside from that, it's impossibly light feeling for how well it moisturizes. It's a bit of a hidden gem, if you ask me. It has nearly no discernible odour, no colour and no freaky ingredients. It sinks in almost immediately and soothes angry skin on contact. Though it is much better for summer due to its lightness, I still keep it around in winter as a weightless daytime moisturizer.

No frills. No bells. No whistles. Inexpensive. What's not to love... except for the fact it comes in a tub. Oh well. I'll continue to scoop it out with a butter knife, because it's awesome stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Acne-prone skin BEWARE! I read all the positive reviews thinking "wow everyone is saying how natural this is and how it doesn't break them out, must be okay for me!". Nope. The first two days, my skin was fine. The third day, a couple zits that were drying out seemed to come alive the following morning. I was confused, usually moisturizer helped heal pimples. I kept at it because I really wanted a natural moisturizer and I was super excited about it. The fourth day, I woke up and had whiteheads on my chin and nose, and parts of my cheeks (a place I rarely break out!). I narrowed it down to this moisturizer, as it has jojoba in it. Jojoba is slightly comodogenic and my skin does not like it. It also has vegetable stearates which is waxy and can clog pores. Don't spend the money. I now reserve this moisturizer solely for my hands and elbows, as those places do not break out.

on 9/23/2013 9:41:00 PM

I wish I read all reviews before by it.
This made my face burn and turn it red for few minutes.
I did try it 3 times...same reaction, not any more!

on 11/24/2014 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A little bit drying I thinktried it a few times, no go. sad because it is organic! my skin is in between dry and oily. i like giovannis one, did wonders on my skin but the fragrance is a little irritating -___-

on 12/24/2015 9:47:00 PM

The best moisturizer for me. I have been using this product for probably 10 years. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I wish I could slather on the thickest moisturizer out there every day but that makes me breakout. This product is very, very light and watery and goes on smooth. If you're looking for a thick cakey product this is not it. It will not leave any residue on your skin. I can't live without it. I use it every night after washing my face. In the winter I have very dry skin, so once a week I exfoliate with coconut oil + sugar. And then using this product every day works perfect. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin. And it's really cheap!

on 4/2/2016 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this moisturizer for about a year. I gave it a good go because I liked the ingredients and the brand. I never realized that this was what was causing my skin to break out until I stopped using it recently. After doing more research on oils, I realized the oils in this moisturizer can clog pores, which is exactly what it did to me. I never used to have whiteheads all over my forehead until I started using this, and after a week few since discontinuing it they are completely gone! I just thought my skin was changing as I got older, but nope, it was the lotion. It is NOT non-comedogenic, so if you are acne-prone this may not work for you. As for the product itself, it smells nice enough and has a nice whipped-like texture, but it is a light moisturizer. It's okay for the summer months, but did nothing for me in the winter. My skin still looked and felt dehydrated, tight, and had flaking even after applying it multiple times. This would be a good product for someone with normal skin who lives in a warmer climate.

on 8/4/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use the desert essence shampoo and conditoner and shower gel, so thought I would give the cream a go, unfortunately I had a reaction to it my skin went very red and tight, I have had this before with another organic face cream.
I love the rest of the range but had to throw the face cream awaydue to my reaction to it.

This is my HG moisturizer. I have sensitive combo skin and my SO has acneprone combo skin. I've been using this for the spring/summer, so if winter comes and it's not enough I'll be sure to edit this review. It doesn't leave any residue. It's absorbed quickly. It's not too heavy and yet moisturizes well. This is stuff is awesome for my skin. The tub is nice because I can get all of the product out, I just have to be sure to have clean hands before I use some!

This is my favourite moisturizer. I have tried so many that are either too light and don't do anything or too heavy and break out and irritate my sensitive skin. This is the perfect moisturizer to have in a basic skincare routine for every day use. It doesn't do anything special or miraculous but it's simple, it works, and it's a staple in my routine. Plus, for the price you get a ton of product as a little bit goes a long way. Mine will probably last me a year. Love this!

My skin is always parched so I'm perpetually on the lookout for a good moisturizing product. This ladies, is definitely not it.

First of all, as another reviewer said "the mattifying effect is horrifying". I like to have a soft, supple and Dewey appearance, and this cream makes my already dry skin look completely dehydrated and reflecting absolutely no light whatsoever. It leaves a tacky residue on my face and makes my skin feel tight, and dry. Its as if it sucks up the very little oil my skin produces. Maybe this would be a skin cream for a very oily skin type, but even to that I am skeptical because it is so heavy. Yuckkk.

I mixed it with some coconut oil and it made it bearable. But once I get another cream this is getting tossed into the trash, probably the worst cream I've ever used, and I've used a lot.

Popular Moisturizers