Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 1/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This perfume has a very nostalgic quality for me. It was the first high-end perfume that I smelled that I absolutely fell in love with. It was 2005 and I was a junior in high school. I immediately asked my mom to get it for me for my birthday which, she did. It was one of my most prized possessions for a long time. I think what I love most about it is its softness. It is very soft, yet sexy and pretty at the same time. Although it's a fruity-floral scent it is grounded by the woody note of cedar, giving it a very unique quality. Nothing else smells like it.

To me this perfume speaks to the fashion and beauty trends of the times, between the early 00's-late 00's. It's very understated, modest, and minimalistic. Yet, it's also very chic, sensual, and feminine. It was released in 2004. Unfortunately Gucci decided to discontinue it along with many other fragrances such as their Envy Me and Rush lines. This has made me so frustrated since I can't find anything else that smells like it, and I really don't like any of Gucci's current fragrances either. Although I know you can still find this at Sephora and some other places, it's just not the same anymore.

My most recent bottle that I purchased doesn't last 30 minutes on my skin. I don't know what it is, has my body chemistry changed, did I get a bad bottle, or did Gucci not make their latest bottles to be of very good quality since they were doing away with the fragrance anyways? I seem to recall this lasting six or so hours on me back when I first got it in 2005. Now, I do a few good sprays on my wrists, inside my elbows, my collarbone, behind my ears, and the smell completely disappears within an hour! And I know it's not just me, I asked my mom if she can smell any fragrance on me and she had to stick her nose up to my skin to get just a slight whiff of it and she was like, "barely." It's so devastating because I really wanted this to be my signature fragrance for the rest of my life. But what's the point if the smell doesn't stay on my skin and it may not be around anymore after a few years? Not to sound too melodramatic, but I think it's time move on.

Recently during my hunt to find a new fragrance that smells similar to this one I came across Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret. I'm not claiming it smells the same by any means, but it does evoke a similar sensation in me that Gucci II does. It's soft, sexy, fresh, fruity and woody. Although I think Givenchy is amped up more and the freshness and sexiness. I suppose it's a more modern and mature fragrance, better suited to who I am now. Not to mention it lasts hours on my skin and it's absolutely addicting! I may be making this one my new "signature."

So, although Gucci II is a beautiful fragrance and I will always cherish it, I cannot say that I would recommend it if you want something that's long lasting.

on 3/2/2015 10:48:00 PM

I didn't think I would like this very much... (I've worn only Michael Kors for years now) but after trying it in sephora I went home and ordered the purse spray on Amazon (the regular bottle is just stupid big and heavy). Gucci ii is a very inviting, fresh scent ... I wear it all the time now. It's not strong or offensive at all, people will just notice how wonderful you smell. My daughter is 3 and asks to put it on every day.. it's a very ahh addicting smell :) There is a slight tinge of berry when I first spray it but to me it mostly smells crisp, cool... like springtime. & i can't be the only one longing for spring at this point? :) Supposedly it's discontinued (of course) so it looks like I'm not getting another $35 bottle on Amazon anytime soon .. And I need it bc my princess will be upset when we run out!

on 5/22/2013 6:59:00 PM

This was the first gift my husband ever bought me. The cedar grounds this sparkling berry scent nicely & keeps it from going into teen girl scent territory. I couldn't figure out for a long time what the grounding note was, but it finally hit me that it's cedar.

on 5/5/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance is utterly exquisite. The official notes include mandarin, blackcurrant, violet, and blackberry, smoothed with jasmine, heliotrope, and cedarwood.The unusual mix of woody/fruity/floral notes make this a very interesting fragrance that my nose can never quite "figure out". Trying to pinpoint it is like chasing the end of a rainbow. It's a very earthy, woody aroma with a soft fruity-floral contrast. This fragrance is delicate, sparkling, classy, elegant and extremely feminine. It wears beautifully anytime, anywhere. It could be worn to work, the beach or an evening out. I have been wearing this fragrance since it was launched (approx 8 years ago) and I love it more with every passing year.

on 12/3/2010 8:53:00 PM

This is my favourite perfume, and I can't imagine wearing anything else. I've worn it for years, and it makes other people say I smell amazing, but - more importantly - I love the smell so much I put it on when it's just me! I'm not a girly girl, but this is just right: clean, sweet but not sickly, totally addictive. And the bottle is fabulous (although crap for travelling, obviously: it's solid glass). Seriously expensive, but perfume is the one thing I refuse to scrimp on. You can smell the difference!!

Cannot rate it highly enough, but - as other commenters have said - perfume is different for every skin and every personality: my sister tried it on and it didn't suit her at all.

For me, perfect.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am not a perfume lover but my mom is. I have pretty much tried every perfume and this is my favorite. Its not too strong or sweet and men always ask what smells so good on me. This and Burberry London are a must have.

on 1/27/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this one alot. I think it smells very classy.

This fragrance is really fruity and light. It reminds me of youth, spring and femininity. I think the lightness of it makes it perfect to wear to the office. My other favorite fragrance is Michael by Michael Kors.

What first drew me to this perfume was the packaging. A big chunky square glass bottle. With a smal amount of pink liquid inside.
Knowing that appearances can be deceiving, I was prepared for the worst smell, but it turned out to be a lovely frangrance. Not to strong, not too sweet, not too musky, just perfectly right. I could use it every day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

not only will i buy this again, i'm stocking up on it! This is my new signature fragrance -- for years it was Marc Jacobs, then Miss Dior Cherie, now Gucci II. I'ts so different from other fragrances -- the peppery bottom note is so warm, but it's a killer floral with some spice. It's a mature scent, to me, and i think it really works with my body chemistry. I wore it outthis weekend and every asked me what i was wearing (in a good way, not like "what the hell is that stench?!?!?".....). My only complaint is the packaging. I adore sleek, convenient packaging, but this is heavy and clunky --but still pretty, because the pink liquid shows through :) Oh, and they haven't put out a purse spray yet, which is something i really really want.........

UPDATE #1: Well, Sephora says that the 1 oz. size is the purse spray -- but i still think the bottle is too clunky for my purse. well, maybe i can put it in the large makeup bag (yes, i carry two......)

UPDATE #2:this is about 2 weeks later, i swapped for a 1.7 oz. bottle with a lovley MUA'er, and my previous complaints about the packaging are completley void now -- the 1.7 oz. bottle is HUGE and unbelievably cumbersome. The 1 oz. bottle looks absoultely petite in comparison!!! doesn't affect my review, just thought i'd share :)