Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.2

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 1/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This perfume has a very nostalgic quality for me. It was the first high-end perfume that I smelled that I absolutely fell in love with. It was 2005 and I was a junior in high school. I immediately asked my mom to get it for me for my birthday which, she did. It was one of my most prized possessions for a long time. I think what I love most about it is its softness. It is very soft, yet sexy and pretty at the same time. Although it's a fruity-floral scent it is grounded by the woody note of cedar, giving it a very unique quality. Nothing else smells like it.

To me this perfume speaks to the fashion and beauty trends of the times, between the early 00's-late 00's. It's very understated, modest, and minimalistic. Yet, it's also very chic, sensual, and feminine. It was released in 2004. Unfortunately Gucci decided to discontinue it along with many other fragrances such as their Envy Me and Rush lines. This has made me so frustrated since I can't find anything else that smells like it, and I really don't like any of Gucci's current fragrances either. Although I know you can still find this at Sephora and some other places, it's just not the same anymore.

My most recent bottle that I purchased doesn't last 30 minutes on my skin. I don't know what it is, has my body chemistry changed, did I get a bad bottle, or did Gucci not make their latest bottles to be of very good quality since they were doing away with the fragrance anyways? I seem to recall this lasting six or so hours on me back when I first got it in 2005. Now, I do a few good sprays on my wrists, inside my elbows, my collarbone, behind my ears, and the smell completely disappears within an hour! And I know it's not just me, I asked my mom if she can smell any fragrance on me and she had to stick her nose up to my skin to get just a slight whiff of it and she was like, "barely." It's so devastating because I really wanted this to be my signature fragrance for the rest of my life. But what's the point if the smell doesn't stay on my skin and it may not be around anymore after a few years? Not to sound too melodramatic, but I think it's time move on.

Recently during my hunt to find a new fragrance that smells similar to this one I came across Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret. I'm not claiming it smells the same by any means, but it does evoke a similar sensation in me that Gucci II does. It's soft, sexy, fresh, fruity and woody. Although I think Givenchy is amped up more and the freshness and sexiness. I suppose it's a more modern and mature fragrance, better suited to who I am now. Not to mention it lasts hours on my skin and it's absolutely addicting! I may be making this one my new "signature."

So, although Gucci II is a beautiful fragrance and I will always cherish it, I cannot say that I would recommend it if you want something that's long lasting.

on 9/19/2012 3:59:00 AM

Mmm... My all time fav!! Feminine, intriguing, and light. :)

on 5/20/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

gucci make my favourite perfumes for evening wear. this is one of my favourite along with gucci by gucci.
i love the peppery side to it, though after about an hour it settles in to a more muskier smell. the pepper leaves (which i find sad :( )having said this, the smell stays in for a food 6 hours and if ive sprayed it into my hair or clothes, it stays in well into the next day. i find it actually has better staying power than gucci by gucci.
love this smell, i would repurchase but its very pricey.

One of the most under-rated perfumes around! It never fails to amaze me how people haven't heard of this. It's loaded with violet and berries, but it's not so syrupy-sweet that someone over 20 would feel ridiculous wearing it. This scent definately can be worn by any age. It's very unique, and the staying power is pretty decent. This is appropriate for any occasion, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would say that this is a very safe scent.. pretty and very light. If you are familiar with the hills, I am no trendsetter like Whitney who can rock anything, but more of a Lauren and Lo put together who are simpler, but still chic and fun. Nevertheless I find that this scent was way too simple. Plus the lasting power is horrible.

on 2/28/2009 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm a perfume addict but this is the first time I write a review. Gucci II is really good perfume. It smells sexy, but it's not overpowering. The smell lingers on you the whole day. I don't believe it irritates anyone. It's just perfect scent for any occassion. If I ever get married I think this could be the fragrance for that purpose (lol).

on 10/2/2008 8:25:00 PM

Wow! I received a sample of this scent today from Sephora. At first, I found it a bit overbearing, even though I had only dabbed a little bit on my wrists. But after an hour to an hour and a half, it started to smell delightful. Now, it's about 5 hours later, and it's mellowed into a very subtle and VERY addictive scent. I can't stop inhaling my wrists! Sephora.com decribes it as a "fruity floral," which I think is accurate. I am considering purchasing the full bottle once my sample decant runs out, but it's too bad it takes me an hour to start enjoying it!
UPDATE: I decided I liked it so much, I put more on before I went to bed, which made me feel uber-glamorous :)

on 11/3/2007 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My new winter fragrance staple! okay i haven't bought it yet LOL but i was at the store today, and i literally sprayed this all over me, hair, neck, arms lol..i can't get enough. When i came home, DH complimented not once but 3 times about this perfume. The scent is a bit musky (in a good way) and mysterious. i love it!

on 5/3/2007 8:16:00 PM

Yay my first review! I need to start by saying I am not a perfume person (or I guess was not). I have been known to literally run past perfume counters. But this perfume is incredible! It is light, fresh, and fruity with a smokey twist. My friend turned me onto this and I obsessed over it for a year before purchasing. I keep a "nose" out for new perfumes now but nothing comes even close for me. Not too gush too much, but I can't say enough good things about this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried this on at the duty-free store and have to say I'm rather disappointed. It smells nice, but it's just really boring. Nothing memorable about it at all.