La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

4.3

Liked this at first, the softness & fullness together, but ev'time I wore it it smelled more like vanilla cookies, a bit too sweet.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is utterly gourmand, sweet, velvety, and rich. The vanilla in this is a bit more buttery (more "french vanilla") than many. It does not smell like you spritzed on vanilla extract. The base notes are rich and chocolatey. It smells like a decadent dessert, and keeps on going strong, with only a little fading. The scent stays true, perhaps getting a bit more coffee-like as time progresses. Major gripe: the silver enamel on the bottles peels and chips and leaves glitter on your hands.

on 9/23/2006 2:41:00 PM

A darker ,slightly chocolate vanilla with a light yet spicy rose note.

From La Creme Beauty site: A voyage, a sea of white panamas, a fleeting silhouette that melts away into soft balmy scents of vanilla, opopanax, iris, Tonka bean and patchouli. A sparkling top note to sharpen the mystery, a rose and jasmine heart note to seduce you gently. Perfect for the refined, gentle and elegant woman.

I have never in my life worn a vanilla perfume that is so wearable all year 'round. This is addictive stuff and it's heady and reminiscent of panama hats and balmy breezes. It's very tropical and yet -- ladylike. I give it 5 stars and will wear it throughout 2005 without hesitation.

on 1/27/2005 9:37:00 AM

Mexique is a worthy addition to my vanilla collection. I like that itís not too foody due to the floral notes and patchouli. Or too sweet, because I already have several sweet ones. Mexique is the most exotic of my vanillas. It is almost Shalimar-like (although I donít care for Shalimar). I only wish Mexique had better staying power. Love the price too!

on 12/3/2004 6:46:00 AM

I am shocked at how much I like this. I actually bought it to bring my Beauty Habit order over the $100 mark to qualify for free shipping. Not the best reason to buy a perfume, but the truth must be told. It is surprisingly gorgeous. With all the perfumes I have in the stratospheric price range, this little quite inexpensive scent calls my name many mornings. It is also a good before bed fragrance. Layered with a chocolate or vanilla lotion, it is sublime. I have been pairing it with either Kiehl's Vanilla lotion or Jaqua Chocolate body butter to bring out either of those notes a bit more. My husband, who almost never comments on my perfumes, has often said how great this smells, without prompting by the usual my wrist to his nose thing I normally do. Unsolicited remarks from him are as rare as hen's teeth. This one always gets noticed. The sillage is good although the staying power is not excellent. It definitely needs a few mid-day spritzes to revitalize. I am more than happy to do this and very pleased with this purchase. Now I want more in this line.

on 7/11/2004 8:34:00 PM

"Vanille Noire du Mexique" is wonderful. One of the best vanilla I ever smelled because the fragrance is not too much sweet and not too much bitter. A pleasure to wear it.

Popular Fragrances