4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This is the one product I didn't know I needed! I always broke out with the fancy gel/foam scented shaving creams leaving my legs riddled with bumps and cuts and dryness. I stumbled upon this (3-4$ at TJ's for a generously sized tube). This feels like conditioner on my legs (and I could never get behind using actual hair conditioner to shave my legs, just me?) this is thick enough to stay on my legs when out of direct line of the shower stream. I rinse my razor after every pass although it's thin enough to still give a close shave without rinsing after a few passes. The smell leans more warm honey rather than fresh fruity mango, but dissipates and is pleasant. My legs feel nice and moisturized afterwards and the ingredients are nice. I'd repurchase!

About reviewer (216 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

absolute wonder of a product, there is nothing wrong with the shaving cream, love the smell, the consistency, best thing is that it doesn't clog your razor, this with the Gillette Venus breeze is a dream shave, I actually look forward to shaving since I have started using this, with all the essential steps of shaving including exfoliation and you will have the smoothest skin post shave and forever.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

Worked okay I guess, I just hated the smell!!!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

I threw this out after 2 uses. It reminds me of the Whish shave cream. Like that, it clogs up my razor even if I use the smallest amount. I also found the scent to be cloying.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This is by far the best shaving cream I've ever used! My legs reacted pretty badly to every shaving gel I tried through middle school and high school. I continued using shave gels all those years, because I didn't know of other options out there (back in the 90s). Midway through college, I discovered I wasn't allergic to Barbasol shave cream (found in the men's aisle), so I started using that exclusively until I found Honey Mango Shave at Trader Joe's! What a lifesaver. No allergic reactions thus far! I've repurchased this shave cream more times than I can count, and will continue to do so.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

3 years ago

I never even used shaving creams for the longest time, I was the notorious conditioner-shaver for years... until I found this. This almost has the consistency of conditioner - maybe creamier but smells AMAZING. If I remember to use a good scrub before I shave, my legs are silky smooth after with minimal irritation. Love it!!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I've used this twice and I'm already in love with it! I've been looking for this for a couple of months, both of the Trader Joes I've been to never had it in stock till a week ago. I was super excited to see the price point was $3 something! Super cheap, I got 2 because I had high hopes I would love this as most other reviewers here do. I've also used Kiss My Face Moisture Shave as well and I prefer this one, they're both good but I love the feeling this one gives my legs, and this one is cheaper. TJ is 8oz while KMF is 11oz for about $8. I bought 2 TJ shave cream for basically the price of KMF. TJ is a cream, and KMF lathers up & has a pump, TJs leaves my skin softer than KMF as well, I got a close shave with both. So ultimately, I adore this one much more, & the scent is nice and not overpowering or cloying. I recommend for both men & women!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Can't do without this stuff! Best shaving cream out there. Not foamy or soapy, just a light but moisturizing cream. The smell is amazing and mellow, nothing too strong. The best part is it is free of awful chemicals like parabens! Comes in a plastic squeeze tube , so no unsightly rust rings left behind. Whenever I go to TJ I make sure to get several tubes so I don't run out. I find that it is sold out quite frequently. I will never go back to regular shaving cream or gel as long as this stuff is around!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This is by far the best shave cream I have ever used! It is creamy and thick but not too thick. I have extremely sensitive legs and this is the only product that I can use to keep me from having cuts everywhere, which I have dealt with ever since I started shaving, no matter what razor I used. This also rinses really well in water just as any other cream would.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I have been using this for years and have not ever had a reaction even though I have many allergies. It is just the right consistency, not too thin or not too thick. If i remember correctly the packaging was a little different before, and not so slippery. If they could go back to the old-style matte label/plastic, it would be perfection. As everybody else has noted, the scent is heavenly. Best TJ's beauty product so far.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age44-55