Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer (all preceding ingredients sourced from Silica), Jojoba Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Lavender Oil, Soybean Oil, Tocopheryl (sourced from Soy), Fragrance (including Certified Organic Vetiver, Lavender, Blond Orange, Marjoram, Rosemary, and Cinnamon Leaf), and Limonene.

on 6/27/2016 10:12:00 AM

I absolutely this product. I've got fine hair with high and low lights added. After drying and styling my hair, I add a very, very small dot of this liquid in my hand, rub my hands together, the apply it to my dry hair. Not at the roots, but mainly the strands and ends of hair. It doesn't weigh my fine hair down at all, it separates the highlights nicely and makes the color look brand new. If you've got course hair, you may want to consider a different product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is not a good product for me. It adds no shine. It tames no frizz. It actually dulls my fine frizzy hair.

on 2/4/2015 11:54:00 PM

Overall my hair is a tiny bit shinier and smoother but it's very expensive for what it is. I wouldn't purchase again! I'm having a difficult time trying to finish the bottle. On a positive note I do love the smell and think it's therapeutic!!

on 11/1/2013 11:31:00 PM

I got a sample of this recently with a Nordstrom order, and having always loved Aveda products, I gave it a try. I recently started using my flat iron again, and this has come in handy. It's a great product. It keeps my hair from becoming dry and frizzy from heat products, and really does give it a lot of shine. As with all Aveda products, the smell of Light Elements is very nice. I got a small travel-sized tube, and using it every day, it probably lasted the better part of a month. So even though it's a bit pricey, I'd say you get your money's worth.

on 1/14/2016 3:24:00 PM

I absolutely love this serum for my fine, wavy, lower porosity 2C hair that tends to have that surface "halo" of frizz. Usually there's something I don't like about serums..too thick, too oily, not effective, etc., but this one I like. Just a drop of this, lightly smoothed over my hair when it's almost dry or dry, smooths the frizz without weighing it down or making it look flat or oily. The scent is lightly herbal / lavender (lavender, blood orange and rosemary) but it doesn't linger. I love the scent so I wished it lingered more. It's expensive at $28 a bottle, but since my hair is fine and I don't use that much at a time, the bottle lasts forever. Great product for my hair type.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I used a little under a quarter size of this product after washing and conditioning my hair and my fingers were just gliding through my hair. It imparted some shine, I have no flyaways. Recommend.

on 2/7/2013 7:27:00 PM

I find that this is the best shine and frizz taming product in my collection. I have tried alot of stuff over the years and this one is my favorite. It does not make my hair greasy and adds just the right amount of weight to seal the frizz and flyaways.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Another one of my Aveda HG's. I've been using this for years and have repurchased many times. My hair is fine/dense/wavy and it's hard to find a serum that can control frizz while not weiging my hair down. This serum manages both and smells wonderful. I can use it after I blowdry and flat iron or I can use it on damp hair when I airdry. It's got silicones in it which protect from heat and jojoba oil to moisturize. Love it!

HG. I use this every single day, after my flat iron. Makes hair shiny and soft but never greasy. It is perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a fan - expensive, doesn't live up to it's description, makes hair greasy. Expected alot more for what I paid.

Popular Styling Products