INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

4.3

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 4/7/2016 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was frustrated with my usual top coat (Sally Hansen InstaDri in the red bottle) getting gloopy when the bottle was half full, so I decided to try Out the Door.
Thirty minutes after painting my nails and doing nothing but browse online, I put on my jacket and grabbed my keys to go out. These simple actions caused my polish to smear so badly that I took off all the polish and repainted four nails.
This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was wearing three coats of Essie Tuck it in My Tux, an off white crelly with a crappy formula. I blamed the polish for the smears but it happened again (same kind of folds and deep nicks) when I was wearing OPI Do You Have This Color in Stockholm?, a vivid indigo creme polish and not a problem child formula-wise.

"How long should I wait to do things?" is not a question I should have to ask myself when wearing a quick dry polish.

On the plus side, Out the Door is very shiny and makes a carefully dried manicure last three days, which is as long as I wear any polish on my fingertips. I will finish the bottle, but I will schedule extra drying time so I can make sure this doesn't get all bunched up and ugly-looking again.
I'll go back to Sally in the red bottle when I'm finished with my bottle of Out the Door but I'm still looking for my HG top coat.

on 2/25/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't find this to dry paritucularly fast like the previous reviewer. I have nails with a definite curve or "u" shape--told I get it from my dad's side. They take extra tension from typing with my nails (I love the tapping fast sound & the striking of the tip truly does make them grow a bit faster, which has to do with injury/wound healing body mechanisms, same as callouses on feet...anyway...). I also use them as a tool box and since I have to look them all day (vs my own face), I've become a durability connoisseur with strong (never sheer) colors & virtually having them painted every day this long (so 20-somethings, take note of advice here!).

This doesn't prevent a chip with less than delicate nail daily use. I maybe get 3-4 days. For regular top coats, I prefer either CND or OPI. Fast drying formulas aren't as long lasting due to the formula difference, so don't skimp on base (I'm partial to NailTek WITH formaldehyde & all--screw the chemical free topcoats. If these ingredients were actually that bad, there would be research & reports of numerous adverse fingertip effects of it in medical/science journals by now). or top coat if you can help it.

The most invincible top coat (i.e. up to 5-10 days with no/few chips or minimal, reparable chips), invest in a cheap UV machine (or LED--read a lot of reviews first) and use just the gel top coat. This technology has been around decades but I could only find it at Sally's, and I bought my first UV light 20 years ago--it's the same type they use to fix windshield cracks). The easiest-on-your-nails method is just to use the top or top & base coat, because then you can remove polish the usual way versus gel nails, although it still takes a bit longer. You have less time with remover soaking into your fingers/cuticles & no need to horribly weaken your nails with filing & thinning them or scraping them. You keep using your favorite colors too!

on 1/31/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG top coat. I picked this up randomly in CVS and have bought 3 bottles since! This is gorgeously shiny, dries SO quickly, and doesn't have the TERRIBLE shrinkage on me like Seche Vite. I find that it can smear nail art if you don't just plop it on and go. Too often I find myself playing too much with trying to thin/smooth it out and I take way too much time and it smears, but honestly that's more user error than anything! This is a great topcoat, my favorite, and it's very affordable! I think this can be a little hard to find, not sure, I always just buy it at CVS. Recommended, I will continue to buy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I often buy Out the Door (love), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat in the red bottle (love). And I sometimes get Seche Vite (like). All three brands are great. All dry fast with the same thick glassy shine, and give me that gel-like finish that makes it look like I've just been to the salon for a professional manicure :)

However I prefer Out the Door or Insta-Dri over the Seche Vite and its not just about price.

Seche Vite is the fastest polish drying top coat I've ever used but:
1. Shrinks polish severely
2. Becomes too thick and stringy to use when the bottle gets down to halfway, then it needs thinning repeatedly or it has to be thrown out. This adds to the cost.
3. Letters wear off the bottle and it looks tatty
4. The brush does not reach the end of the bottle so I have to tip and angle the bottle to use it up completely
5. Seche Vite is much more expensive

Out the Door and Insta-Dri takes *slightly* more time to dry than Seche Vite but are both still very fast and don't have the problems Seche Vite does.
1. They rarely cause shrinkage. I occasionally get a tiny bit of shrinkage but ONLY if I forget to wrap the tips. Even then I don't usually have any.
2. Out the Door only needs thinning once or twice, when the bottle gets down to 1/4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri doesn't need thinning.
3. The bottles labels are better quality, don't wear off
4. Out the Door and Insta Dri are priced better

You don't need to spend more to get quality results!!

I love this stuff!! I used to be a big fan of Seche Vite. It was my go to top coat. But I feel out of love with it. I noticed (after putting it over white polish) that it tinted things yellow/brown after a few days. Eww. and that it made my polish shrink. and that try as I did, I couldn't get my manicure to last more than 48 hours before I would peel off in sheets. and man the SMELL. eww.

So one day I got on google and started researching for an alternative. I read several people talking about "OTD" as well as a few others, but I was torn. I didn't believe anything would work as well as SV.

On one trip to the store to get more SV, I noticed they had OTD, and that it was cheaper than SV. I decided to give it a try. I figured the worse that would happen is that I'd end up back to the store in a few days to get my old top coat.

Man am I glad I took a chance on OTD!!! It dries fast. It doesn't have the god awful smell. It doesn't turn white polish yellow. It doesn't shrink. They bottle doesn't go as goopy as fast (I'm on my second bottle now!!). And it lasts. Paired with Orly's rubberized bonder and my polish will last up to 2 weeks!!

I'm in love. I can't imagine doing my nails without this top coat now. Really. I spend a lot of time doing nail art on my nails, so I need a good top coat, and this is the one I love. Oh, and for fellow nail art gals, this top coat doesn't smear my work, either!

Love it so much!!

on 9/15/2014 2:42:00 PM

I have purchased 3 bottles of this so far, using practically every drop of them and will pick up a new one at Sally's in the next few days! the reason this only gets a four is because I work in a place that I wash my hands often, I start to get chipping after about five days but that doesn't bother me at all, I like to change colors often. this stuff is wonderful!

I'm pretty pleased with this topcoat; it did dry quickly (base coat + 2 coats of polish) and it held up for about 7 days. It wasn't too expensive, either. I didn't have a 'shrinkage' problem like with Seche Vite. This topcoat gave enough time to put on a smooth coat without dragging or pulling the polish underneath.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

AWESOME TOPCOAT!! i absolutely cannot do without this topcoat. It's fast drying, makes my nails harder, and leaves a nice highgloss shine and leaves my nails feeling kinda like a gel manicure. Great price too, my roomate and I buy the large round bottle at Sally's Beauty. This stuff lasts a while, and I do my nails several times a week (because I want to and I'm a nailpolish junkie) But, when I do leave my polish on, this top coat really seals my manicure in.

on 1/30/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this topcoat. It dries fairly quickly: if I do my nails halfanhour before I go to bed - no sheetmarks in the morning! Which is quite a miracle for me. I'm not sure if it really makes my nailpolish last longer compared to other topcoats, but it's definitly better than without any. Some may say that it not really gives a highgloss finish, on which I can agree to some level. But I found that if you apply 2 coats instead of 1 it becomes way more glossier and less streaky, which some remarked on it as well. Overall, really happy with this product, not friggin mindblowing omg-dude-wow (not sure if I will ever have that experience with any topcoat though), but it's my fave for now, it really does the job well and it's definitley worth a try!

on 6/29/2013 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

First of all let me start with saying I take manicures seriously. I am known for my nails and nail art and I am always changing polishes and manicures and so I go through a lot of polish and LOTS of top coat. Now saying that, I know polish, and I love this top coat! I have used up nearly the entire bottle and this is easily comparable to Seche Vite and Poshe fast dry toppers. This is much easier to work with than the Seche Vite in that there is no learning curve, it does not have that horrible outgassing that clears a room when you use it, it is big 3 free, and it doesn't thicken halfway though the bottle. I can use this over wet polish (let it sit 1 minute first then apply this fast dry) and it dries to the touch within a minute. I have also used this over dry but still "tacky feeling if the nails touch" polish too. This glides on smoothly and does not pick up the polish beneath leaving color on my brush, and it seems to self level and dries to an even glossy finish giving my nails a professionally manicured look. This has been around for years and years and I just now got around to finally trying it. I was so sold on the wonders of Seche Vite that I didn't even think to try another top coat but as often as I use a top coat I need one that is big 3 free. It does seem to be big 3 free as well! I found this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $5.