72%

price range

Reviews

1.0

10 months ago

I don't know why I haven't just bought a new top coat, maybe out of laziness - but it's worse than almost any other top coat I've used, so it actually wastes time. As someone else pointed out, maybe they changed the formulation on this. This stuff sucks. It peels off and it makes my nail polish chip after like a day. Even if I just do a coat or two of clear it just peels off.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Fine

1.0

a year ago

This is the worst top coat ever. Notice most of the good reviews are older. Maybe they changed the formulation. Purchased at Bed Bath Beyond as was looking to try something other than Seche as it causes shrinkage. This INM Out the door just straight up caused sheets of nail polish to pop off. To the point after I had cooked dinner and noticed 4 nails now bare was worried it got into the food.Painted nails in the morning and the polish popped off 12 hours later. Straight trash, seems like a Dollar Tree brand. I intend to try Essie Top coat next. If all else fails will go back to Sally Hansen Insta Dri Clear.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

I find that this wears longer than/doesn’t shrink polish like Seche Vite. It’s also less prone to chipping. However you can see the brush strokes as it dries down, and it really doesn’t dry that fast. I think I’ll go back to Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dry.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

I really wanted to love it because Seches vite is just a bit of a trickier top coat and I wanted an easier go to but this just didn't work for me. It does dry quickly but only one day after and I already have chips at the tips of my nails even though I wrapped them thoroughly. Back to the drawing board for me I guess.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

Way better than Seche Vite, only a tick less glossy but still wicked shiny. Thin, easy to apply, not stringy, dries fast, lasts 4+ days with minimal tip wear and without chips, AND doesn't get gloopy halfway down the bottle like SV or Essie Gel Setter. No thinner needed ever!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

The great reviews for this top coat really confuses me. I tried so hard to like it but I can't! It dries quickly but it bubbles. Does anyone look at their nails closely? Because I do and what I see are a bunch of little bubbles after using this top coat. I'll be sticking to Essie's good to go. Super smooth and fast drying.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This is the best of the best! My nails chip and peel and no polish ever lasts more than maybe 3 days on me, even with a top coat. However, with this top coat I can easily go a week with no chips! Plus it dries sooooo fast!! Which is super awesome since I can't sit still and always mess up my freshly done nails. I'll never buy any other top coat again! Love it!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

This polish is my end all be all when it comes to topcoats! It dries fast, has an excellent consistency, and holds up better that the new "gel" topcoats. I have heard that this topcoat can smear nail art, but I'm not really into nail art so I can't say if it is or isn't true. I have tried pretty much every other mainstream quick dry topcoat and this is the only one that has not shrunk or made my polish peel off like a sticker.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown

HairBrunette

4 years ago

My holy grail top coat. Prior to using this top coat I used seche vite, which I liked because it was fast drying, but hated because it was goopy and I always had to thin it out when I got a new bottle. I found a huge 2.5 ounce of this at Sally's for about $11 and never looked back! This formula is thinner than the seche and easier easier to work with and it does dry fast. I totally recommend!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

I started using this as an alternative to Seche Vite. I was looking for something that still had a nice glossy finish and dried quickly but had more lasting power. This hits all those criteria for me. While it takes a little longer than Seche Vite to dry and isn't as shiny, it has the staying power that Seche Vite just doesn't have for me. I can get up to a full week with this top coat with only some minor wear on the tips and maaayyybe a small chip on a finger or two (my polish almost always cracks eventually no matter what top coat I use). The shine is very good and will start to dull within a few days so touch ups might be in order if you keep your polish on long enough. The only reason I took a lippie off was because of two things: 1) I really hate the brush. This is a rather thick top coat so I feel like a really thin brush makes it more difficult to apply since I either have to dip the brush back in the bottle to get more or get wayyyy too much on the brush at once. 2) About two-thirds of the way through the bottle it gets really thick and gloopy. I can actually see it stringing up when I pull the brush out of the bottle and it's a little difficult to apply. When this starts to happen I just load up the brush with way more than I need and it spreads more easily. I don't mind it getting goopy though since I only pay about $5 for it at Target. I will keep using this as my go to unless something better comes along.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral