Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

Water, Hexadecanol, Stearakonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Wheat protein, Panthenol, Isopropylparaben, Benzophenone-4, Isobutylparaben .Butylparaben.

on 2/23/2016 12:35:00 PM

I have used this product for years and LOVED it. Up until recently I would have given this 5+ stars, but something changed towards the end of 2015. My hair is very dry and this is the one conditioner I could rely on to be very moisturizing and de-tangling. It always lathered and gave my hair a wonderful sheen. Lately, it barely lathers, does not de-tangle and leaves my hair not as moist as their old formula. I asked my hairdresser if Kenra had changed the formula and she said they had not, to her knowledge. She told me the various companies she deals with usually let the shops know if something changed but they had said nothing, in this case. I KNOW from years of use, something is very different. I still use it and will continue to do so until I find something better. Thank you.

on 11/20/2015 1:42:00 PM

Great for dry hair. Hair stays soft until you wash it again. Best product so far...

To Read all 92 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/1/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a wonderful daily conditioner for damaged and/or dry hair. It works well on all types of hair from thin to thick. I get a lot of slip from this conditioner and it detangles like a champ. It leaves my hair super shiny and smells fantastic. It also gives my curls a lot of bounce and leaves them silky smooth. I find this comperable to Alterna at a much better price point.

UPDATE: Dec 2015
Um, something must have changed recently re the formula of this product because the last two bottles I have purchased were really terrible. Although I always used this in intervolts (going months without then returning for a month or two, then skipping again for say 6-8 months), it was always dependable. I have rotated this in and out of my routine for years (and I mean YEARS) and only recently noticed that there is something very different happening here. Since I don't have an old bottle to compare it to and there is a possibility of a bad batch out there, I only changed my rating from the original 4 stars to 3 stars. But the difference from then to now is large enough to warrant removal of a star.

on 10/19/2013 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have thick, dry, frizzy, wavy hair. I used the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner together. This product leaves my hair feeling like straw. The first time I used this it didn't seem too bad and I had hoped it would get better with continued use. I was wrong. By the third use, I couldn't even get a brush through my hair to untangle all of the knots.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I remember buying this conditioner years ago and not really caring for it (Left my hair too puffy looking). Ulta was having a liter sale and I decided to take a big risk and see if my hair would respond better this time round. I'm glad I did. The key to making this work for my hair is to dilute it with a bit of water or instead of wringing out your hair to apply the conditioner, just leave it soaking wet. It softens beautifully and leaves my hair very shiny and glossy looking. This contains a wheat protein and my hair tolerates it very well. I actually found it to be moisturizing. I have not used this as a leave-in but will have to try that soon. You don't need to use palm fulls of this so my liter will last me a long time and is good for eighteen months. This also does a decent job of controlling frizz. It has a wonderful coconut fragrance that I adore (some may not like it or grow weary of it) and it doesn't come off as too artificial so that is a plus. It does linger after my hair dries which I don't mind. The bottle itself is sleek and simple. I was able to score a free pump from Ulta just by buying the liter size and it makes it easier to use in the shower. I feel this is really helping me to shed less since it is so emollient.

on 1/28/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the smell!!! and my hair is so soft , feels awesome, its nice and light for my fine hair, pricy, I got the gift pack, shampoo, hairspray and conditioner for $40 , on sale, regular was pretty hefty, but worth it now that I tried it. Will be sticking with this one.

on 1/7/2013 3:43:00 PM

It was ok. I have a tough combo of fine and curly hair. Apparently, I have issues with some proteins, moisturizing conditioners tend to be too heavy, can't touch volumizing ones, they dry me out...what a mess. So far the only conditioner I can commit to is Pureology Hydrate. This one left me with flat fuzzy curls and almost crunchy. I don't want to say it is horrible...it is average...but this is what average conditioners do to me. It is silicone free for those that care. I think I need some silicones though. Just too fuzzy, undefined of curls with this. The coconut smell is nice but could get annoying after a while. My hair does feel softer with this than the Joico Moisture Recovery, but I think it looked shinier with the Moisture Recovery. Either way, going back to Pureology Hydrate.

on 9/23/2012 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love Kenra Moisture Conditioner, it's a hair saver. It is true, Do Not Leave on too long, I follow instructions on this one, for a co wash I stick with Aubrey Honeysuckle. KENRA IS MY OLD SCHOOL LOVE, we go way back.....

on 7/9/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got this on sale. I would've never spent $30 to try it. I'm so glad I was able to try this conditioner. I've finally found my HG moisturizing conditioner. My hair is relaxed and color treated so I have to stay on top of it or it will dry out. Before I was using less expensive conditioners and having to mix them with oils and leaving it in my hair for hours at a time. With Kenra I leave on my hair about 5 mins while I'm in the shower and my hair is nice and soft when I rinse it out. I am protein sensitive so I only use this conditioner when I haven't used anything else with protein in it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This conditioner is the worst I have ever used. I like to switch up my routine to keep my hair healthy and happy so I thought I would give this one a try. I thought it was a little runnier than I like but it smelled nice and I had heard good things.

This shampoo and conditioner changed my hair. I have curly hair that I straighten about every three days or so, and in the month I was using it about two inches of hair broke off, it took me about that long to realize that it was this product that was making it happen. I was livid to say the least.

After just a week of switching back to Kpak my hair already felt better and was on the mend. I have never been so upset in my life.

I am now doing all the repair I can and mending it back to health NEVER buy this product it ruined my hair and took my length.