BaByliss Pro Pro Straightener

No Image

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This straightener works well. It straightens my thick wavy (Indian) hair. It keeps it straight throughout the day and gives it a natural look, where you cant tell i straightened my hair (like you can tell on some people). It gets pretty hot too, but the only thing is it has an on and off button, and no dial, so i can't change the heat settings. But overall it is good, i straighten my hair in about 20mins, (i have a lil longer then shoulder) its a good one though :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I went to the beauty supply store and got this "on sale" for $50 but then I went to Tjmaxx later that day and found the same exact one for $25. I was so excited and returned the other one. After using my Conair one for 4 years this is a really nice change of pace. It leaves my hair so soft and smooth and love that I can manage the heat settings. It heats up in less than 30 seconds so it's great when I'm in a hurry. I was thinking of getting a CHI and I heard this was a great alternative. I'm so glad I got this!

The model I have is the BAB2551C (an older model that I've had awhile, similar to the BAB2558RE but with narrower plates). I have to say that I really enjoy using it. Because it has an adjustable heat control, I can make it hotter or cooler depending on the mood of my hair that day. The ceramic plates make my hair smooth and shiny! Although I'm sure it might suffer in comparison to some of the higher end flat irons, as a middle of the line, it's just great!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

**PRO RADIANCE 230**

I have thick, frizz prone hair that has a strong kink in it. I rarely bothered to use straighteners on my hair as it would take a long time & the finished results didnít last for long.

One thing that makes a difference to the results is the heat of the straighteners. Professionals rave about the brilliance of GHDís & their great results. They work every time because of the 200.c heat they produce. These BABYLISS straighteners are better, if you have thinner hair you donít need to make do & fry your hair. The straighteners have 5 heat settings; 170.c, 185.c, 200.c, 215.c & 230.c, making it easy to pick the right temperature for your hair.

The main difference to the RADIANCE 230 is the ceramic-titanium plates. These have a Ďcombí built into them. Itís a simple, yet fantastic idea; you only need to use one hand Ė you donít need to juggle a comb around to get the knots out of your hair! The comb is retractable; you can pick between 2 different height settings depending on your hair type, or they can be fully retracted. Your choice.

Another choice you have is to steam or not to steam. If you would like that mirror shine effect there is a small water tank on the top of the straighteners. You can then pick between 2 different heat settings for the steam, again depending on hair type.

I also love that the ceramic plates are wider then a lot of other brands as it takes less time to straighten my long hair. Letís be honest; if it takes a long time you just get bored & donít bother.

Finally: the protective mat & carry pouch is great. I donít accidently scorch any furniture during use & the straighteners are safely put away from inquisitive cat noses!!

These straighteners are helping me to make a style transformation. Yes, I know nice hair isnít earth shatteringly important, but I do get a confidence boost when Iíve made an effort & have gotten good, long lasting results (I tied my hair up & when I later combed it back out it was still super smooth).

These straighteners cost a bit more, but the results are worth it, I promise!!

on 8/15/2008 2:00:00 PM

I have super thick and long hair, so for me, this straightner isn't the best. I have to go over each chunk of hair at least 3 - 5 times which is killing my hair. Even after all of that, my hair still isn't fully straight, including my bangs. I think for someone with thin or short hair this straightner would be fine, but for someone with hair like mine, it's just unhealthy for your hair. Would not repurchase.

on 6/5/2008 2:07:00 PM

After using a dinky little Conair convertable flat/curling iron, this pink 1 1/2" iron in a joy to use. My hair is shiny, it's easy to grab onto a section with it, it heats quickly and it's easy to add a little flip at the ends. (I'll update my review after a month)

on 2/17/2008 7:42:00 PM

I love this flatiron, although all I have to compare to is a Rusk and Conair one. I only paid $50 for this at the salon and it works great. The Rusk one was $100 and I dont find any difference really. I wouldnt buy this again though, because I find it can pull my hair, and is already not working as well as it used to (about 6-8 months old). My friend had one for a year and it just kind of died on her and doesnt work hardly at all. Next time I think I will get a Solia or a CHI but until then, this is working great!

on 1/11/2008 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I borrowed this from my sister, while I am waiting for my Solia to arrive via shipping, and I must say that this is the worst flat iron I have ever used (this includes conair/cheap flat irons from wal-mart). The flat iron does not get hot enough to straighten my medium texture thick hair. I have to pass it over my hair more then twice (which is not healthy at all) and I used a heat protectant, it took too long to actually straighten all my hair and I gave up after a while. In the end my hair looked like a poofy frizzy mess. This product is seriously over priced for what it delievers, which is crappy results. I would only suggest this if you have slightly wavy or striaght hair, but then again it would make more sense to just buy a cheap one from sally's or walmart since they will give a better and smoother result.

on 10/3/2007 5:09:00 PM

This flat iron doesn't work at ALL for me. I have very thick, wavy hair, and while the iron does make it flatter it leaves my hair slightly wavy, no matter how many times I go over it. My $20 Walmart brand flat iron does a much better job, and I will be using it until I can afford to buy a Chi,Solia or Sedu.

on 12/9/2006 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This was my first flat-iron purchase. I have to admit when I bought it I knew nothing about flat-irons. I thought this was a good one until I upgraded to a Chi and realized that the Babyliss Pro was pretty awful. The differences are very significant; Babyliss does not straighten or leave my hair silky smooth, the plates are steel and pull out my hair and if you're using product, the plates will get dirty fast. It's unyieldly too. It's big and bulky and doesn't heat up enough to really flatten my thick, coarse and curly hair. I have to pass through my hair over and over again and it takes forever. I was reminded of all this this week when my Chi finally bit the dust. I've been using the Babyliss until I got a new one (which couldn't happen soon enough). Back into the closet it goes.

Popular Hair Styling Tools