Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.5

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/1/2004 12:42:00 AM

wasn't as impressed with this as i am with other ben nye products. it could be because i thought it was going to be a cream eyeliner (it's called 'cake eyeliner'...i thought it was the same thing). maybe i shouodl have also boight the 'liquid set' along with it, but i really like my bobbi brown gel liner much better than this product. oh well.

on 3/5/2004 2:53:00 AM

I loved this cake eyeliner. I used to use Benefit's Sophia, but at 1/4 the price and equal it quality, I think I will stick with the Ben Nye from now on. Rich saturated black that doesn't smudge, especially when used with Liqui-set. unfortunatly I ruined my little pot my using Liqui-set directly in the pot, next time I will use water and just run a drop of liqui-set over the line.

on 3/17/2004 6:18:00 PM

I really do love this Ben Nye Cake liner. Rich color and doesn't smudge even hours and hours past. I don't like liquidy eyeliner because they are very hard to keep clean. LOVE this cake liner. *muah*

I have this in plain black and I must say it's the best liner out there! the stuff doesnt budge but still makes a great line for a smokey eye (i usually brush Ulta eyeshadow in Leaf or Max Factor- Smoke to do a smokey eye) Try using a Maybelline lip brush for the perfect winged look- I absolutely love this stuff and it lasts forever

This is my HG black eyeliner. I adore how versatile it is. I can use it
with fine eyeliner brush and a drop of water for a dramatic, precise, winged, very long-lasting cat-eye
with a square eyeliner brush to tightline and subtly enhance my lashline
with a rounded smoker brush to feather the line out and make a smokey eyeBest of all, for $8 CAD, I get enough eyeliner that I'll probably be using this baby for the next 12 years! And I use it almost every day. Forget smudgey pencils, forget Fluidline, forget messy liquid eyeliners, there's just nothing better than this eyeliner. continued >>

on 7/18/2007 1:08:00 PM

I've been on a mission to find an eyeliner that doesn't smudge. I found it! This stuff is great. No raccoon eyes! This is why I love MUA...I would have never known about this brand otherwise. Thanks, MUAers! I also love the Ben Nye colorless loose powder to set my makeup. I wish it was easier to find these products in the stores, so I wouldn't have to order on-line and pay shipping, but that's not a big deal. Bottom line...great eyeliner with fantastic staying power.

on 8/28/2007 8:17:00 PM

VERY nice product! On my quest to find a less expensive version of my beloved Laura Mercier cake eyeliner, I bought this. I have also tried LaFemme cake eyeliner and while it's ok, it wasn't nearly as creamy as LM and didn't apply as smoothly. Enter Ben Nye. I got this in Dark Brown, which is a very good match to LM's mahogany. I also used it with Ben Nye Liquiset. So far, all day, looks just as great as early this morning. It applied smoothly and had a comparable creamy application consistency of LM. So far, it's a love affair! I will definitely repurchase. Took off one lippie only because it's a rather small package.

on 10/22/2007 2:42:00 AM

Such a good product for the price. I got the charcoal and I love how there's so much pigment. I will purchase more shades.

on 10/27/2007 4:44:00 PM

I now exclusively use this as my liquid eyeliner.

The price for this generous long lasting pot is only $5-6!! I would never find anything in Sephora for that price!

I use black and it is a rich, true pigmented black. Perfect! I was using so many other liners that are 'watery', like L'Oreal Voluminous marker eyeliner, and odd off blacks that are more brown or blue.

I bought this at Alcone with their eyeliner brush and it was so easy to put on! I'm not kidding, I was astounded at myself at how well I put it on. I've always had so much trouble with all those felt tip pens, Lancome's Artliner, and chunky markers, L'oreal's Voluminous marker, as well as those tiny brushes. Using the proper tools made this soo much better and I can control the width of the line a lot better.

It is not water proof, but so long as you don't get caught in the rain or cry you'll be ok. In any case, I put my sister's She Laq just in case for a concert I went to and it didn't move, and we got caught in the rain.

I'm officially giving up my fascination with Sephora and so called 'high end' makeup in favor of theater makeup like Ben Nye and Kryolan.

Just wanted to add, this is apparently a fav staple of many makeup artists.

EDIT: I don't think they make this in a dark navy blue. I tried looking at several sites and they don't seem to have it. Wish they did tho!

on 11/15/2007 5:48:00 PM

Great basic eyeliner. I wear liquid eyeliner pretty much daily, I have tried several brands and this is hands down the best of the ones that are available to me. I like my liner very liquid, so cake liners are practical to me, but other cake liners I've tried dry very matte, or a greyish off-black. This one, when used with Ben Nye LiquiSet, produces a true black line with a slight sheen to the surface that I like, and it stands up to long days (12+ hours) without smudging, running, crumbling or disappearing, and unlike a few liners I've tried, this one doesn't irritate my eyes in the least.

The price is hard to beat. I payed about 16$ for the cake eyeliner and LiquiSet, and both will last me for well over a year with daily use.

Excellent product, overall - money well invested. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is that it isn't waterproof; but it doesn't claim to be, anyway.