Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My thoughts echo previous reviews in the sense that worn alone this gloss looks garishly gold on my Indian, pigmented lips. Disappointed that it never shows up like the color in the tube. Further, I constantly wipe excess product off the wand so there's a wastage issue. Was inspired to use this tube I've had for years (my first and only Chanel product) due to recent buzz about 10 pan projects and specktra's shop your stash challenge. Find that this is usable over coral lipsticks, and the texture isn't bad. Would not purchase again but will use up this tube.

on 6/11/2011 12:54:00 AM

I see the ratings are relatively high for this product, however these glosses are not the best out there. I broke down and bought a Chanel lipgloss because I wanted to see if the 35 dollar price tag was worth it. Let's be honest, this is definitely a sticky lipgloss, way more sticky than some other brands out there. The ones with sparkles look like a cheap drugstore lipgloss. I was not impressed and will not purchase this prodcut again in the future.

on 4/11/2011 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am generally more of a lipstick or balm girl, and don't wear many glosses. However, this color was so pretty that I couldn't resist. Twinkle is a pretty, pale rosy pink with gold shimmer. Personally, I do not find the shimmer overwhelming - it is more like a highlight. The texture of the gloss is thick and somewhat sticky/heavy, so it does last longer than most glosses. I think this works well with pinks or peaches and I would also expect this would work well on many different complexions. I like this gloss and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

on 6/9/2009 10:01:00 PM

I've purchased this gloss for the past 5-6 years now. It's such a pretty shimmery pink/peach color and it has the right amount to stickiness to it. The price, I think, is a little ridiculous for a gloss but I haven't been able to find any other colors like this which is why I've been going back for more.

on 5/31/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Click continue for swatches. This is the newest edition to small collection of glossimers. A regional makeup artist for Chanel picked out this color for me during a recent makeover at the Chanel counter (paired with the Oasis Eye Quad). This reminds me of a deeper pigmented version of pin-up. It looks great on my currently NC25/Chanel Soft bisque skin. As with all glossimers this is relatively nonsticky (for a gloss), last about 2 hours, and is moisturizing. Worth the money. I have yet to find a glossimer I dont like.

continued >>

on 5/27/2009 9:54:00 AM

I ove this gloss! Obviously it is not the perfect colour for everybody (I have a couple of expensive glosses that I bought because of the very good reviews here and that were terribly bad for me in terms of colour). I think it's a very fresh, polished lipgloss for fair skinned laidies. Not a colour I've found in cheaper breands.
It has pigment and decent lasting power (for a gloss and compared with others).

on 9/7/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't swatch this before I bought this and I regret that. It looked like a beautiful cotton candy pink with gold shimmer in the tube. When I put it on it was just a frosty gold color. This is the only Glossimer I own and I was very disappointed. Maybe I'll try them again some day.

on 4/15/2008 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Received this item in a swap for an item I paid about $35 bucks for. Not very impressed, I don`t like the texture a whole lot (kinda of goopy sticky), and the color is a tad too frosty for my liking. Looks like MAC Nymphette, which I prefer over this gloss. I`ll still wear it when going to dinner or going out when I want to look a little done up and sexy though. The color is a medium-light pink with gold shimmers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought 'Twinkle' and it is a great peachy pink with gold shimmer for my fair complexion and auburn red hair. It gives my lips just the right amount of moisture and lasts for hours without the need for re-application. I am now on the quest to find the perfect non-shimmer glossimer, more cream than shimmer, because Twinkle is a bit too sparkly for daily use. But overall it is the BEST lip gloss I have ever used in my life and believe me, I've tried them all!

About me
Fair with freckles, yellow/pink skin undertones, sensitive/combination skin. I sunburn very easily. Dark brown eyes and auburn 3C hair.
Holy Grail Skin Care
Nivea Whitening Moisturizer (try it!), Alpha Hydrox 10% Gel, Avon's Tea Tree Cleanser and MicroDermabrasion Scrub, Clean and Clear Astringent, Lancome BiFacil Eye Makeup Remover, Egyptian Magic for eyes and Sofina Sunscreen 50 White.
Holy Grail Makeup
Foundation: Chanel Teint Naturel; Blush:NARS Orgasm; Eyes: BE's Vanilla Sugar and Celestine, MAC Shadestick Sharkskin; Lipgloss - Chanel Glossimer Twinkle, MAC Wet, Wild and Fabulous or Mark's Rose Lip Balm for Day. Estee Lauder's Sugar Daddy or L'oreals HIP in Enchanting for night. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Jeez! $26.50 for l/g is a bit insane but I adore this color. It's a bronzey peach on my light olive skin and the texture is divine. No smell or taste either. Staying power is poor but other than that will rebuy.