MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

Matte - Charcoal BrownMatte - Charcoal Brown

4.7

on 1/26/2016 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you tried to swatch this, you would know it is horrible. You barely get any color and it looks patchy. But this is one of the best shadows I have from Mac. It works in my brows. It is great as a crease color and stays on all day. I will purchase again if I run out.

on 11/14/2014 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color! I use it as a crease color and so far it looks great with the shadows I've paired it with. Apply it with a fluffy brush and it's absolutely perfect. I recommend this for anyone looking for a great shadow to use in the crease!

on 12/21/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I LOVE this. I was looking for a neutral or taupish brown crease color and I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this but I'm glad I did. I was so excited when I got this in the mail. I particularly like this in the crease with the groundwork paint pot on the lid for a natural polished look. I read that this in the crease with sweet satisfaction on the lid is a good combo too so I will try that next. I like the texture and I've never had trouble blending it. I apply it with my max 217 or my e.l.f essentials crease brush, just depends on how I'm feeling. I could see how this could look really pretty on blue eyes. Though, I have brown and I love how it looks on me. This really is the perfect taupey brown. GET IT.

Yet again another brilliant product from MAC. i loved this shade of Charcoal Brown as well because it matched the shade of my brows, but also made my blue eyes pop. This shadow sets perfectly when used on my brows - Teamed with a drugstore angle brush, and really creates a shape which i believe does make me look better. The pot is a nice small design, perfect for handbag carrying, but i do believe would be better a bit bigger, and the lid is quite a struggle to lift sometimes. There is also no sparkle to this product and is a block color nice on my eyelids. The tone really suits blue eyes and definitely makes them stand out. I will be purchasing this again on my next shopping trip as i lost mine, a must have for blue eyed girls everywhere!

on 11/17/2012 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have neutral skin tones that sometimes lean more warm or cool depending on the day and this eye shadow is way too cool toned for me. I've tried using it but I always looked drab and tired once it's applied no matter how I do it. I only use it to cool down eye shadows that are too warm in my crease now. Overall this has a good texture and would probably be a great basic brown for those with cool toned skin. I sometimes am NC20/25 or MUFE 118 for reference.

I love this colour! The MA and I spend ages trying out different browns to see what would work the best for me for both a natural crease colour as well as a colour that worked for my brow and this fit the bill perfectly. It also works well if you lightly dust this on your lids and then concentrate it in the crease fora neutral eye look.

on 5/28/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this for my brows! A MA matched this with me, i have dark brown brows, and it looked amazing and i had to buy it. Ive been using it for my brows, and ive never had this many compliments. I just started using it as an eyeshadow, and its just as gorgeous. I love its versatility, and it just makes this purchase so much worth my dollar. Definately repurchasing. Highly Recommend!

on 3/23/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow ive been having this eyeshadow just in the back of my container and i tried it as an eyebrown shade and OMg its meant to be its soo nice. and i also use this as a crease color on my lid with all that glitters to school and its perfectt and natural! and i think its discontinued and ive hit pan :(

on 2/14/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm Asian w yellow undertones, nc30, dark brown hair w caramel highlights. This is a beautiful color to use in the crease with dark gold or black/gold on the lid for a subtle, smokey look.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was using mac's "spiked eyebrow pencil before finding this product for my brows!! I originally bought "charcoal brown" for a crease color. I was watching YouTube gurus and 2 of them (pixi2woo & littlekiva) used this eyeshadow for their brows. Tried it and I love it!!!!