MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

Matte - Charcoal BrownMatte - Charcoal Brown

4.4

on 3/23/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow ive been having this eyeshadow just in the back of my container and i tried it as an eyebrown shade and OMg its meant to be its soo nice. and i also use this as a crease color on my lid with all that glitters to school and its perfectt and natural! and i think its discontinued and ive hit pan :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was using mac's "spiked eyebrow pencil before finding this product for my brows!! I originally bought "charcoal brown" for a crease color. I was watching YouTube gurus and 2 of them (pixi2woo & littlekiva) used this eyeshadow for their brows. Tried it and I love it!!!!

on 11/8/2011 6:19:00 AM

I purchased this eyeshadow last week - continuing my search for the perfect brown crease color. Happy to say I am very satisfied. It is a true brown, no red nor orange undertoe, and compliments my brown eyes perfectly. I've tried Soft Brown (too orange), Satin Taupe (nice but too glimmery. Blends very well, great staying power (I used NARS primer). I love it, and will def repurchase if I ever use it all. I'm using Amber Lights on the lid, All that Glitters as a brow highlighter, and a little Antiqued mixed with the charcoal brown in the inner crease, Laura Mercier Expresso or MAC Avenue as an eyeliner, and this is my go to work look. Yay!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love wearing this color in my crease. It makes my eyes look more defined. Color is light on my skintone but it is buildable. Def will repurchase :)

on 10/9/2010 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a great matte eyeshadow for dark brows. I've tried most all the difference MAC browns for brows Coquette, Espresso etc. and this one is best. Very natural, pigmented, long lasting and easy to blend and shade brows in.

I use this eyeshadow as my eyebrow filler-inner-colour. Worked brill up until I dyed my hair shocking red last week so I have to change it up shortly!

Very good as a brow colour but trying to blend it on the lid was a tough job!

on 3/27/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok i was using Espresso for my brows then switched to concrete eyeshadow, now i am using charcoal brown. And i am in shock that this eyeshadow works wonders for black eyebrows. It is pretty light. But blends in great. I def recommend this eyeshadow for dark eyebrows try it you will see.

My staple brown eyeshadow and an absolute must-have.
It's matte so it's very versatile. Colour pay-off is reasonable but very hard to overdo. It's not hugely unique, but it's one of those good quality multi-purpose eyeshadows people need at all times.
I use it:
- to emphasise eyebrows
- In the crease to contour my eyes for a 'no make up' make up look.
- To line my eyes. It brings out the brown of my eyes and as it is soft, it defines my eyes without making them look narrow.
There's nothing ground-breaking about this review, but wanted to add to the number of reviews so people know how many people love this product.

I use this for my brows, I stays on for pretty much the whole day and it matches with my own hair colour. I don't really use it as an eye shadow because it is so matte and sometimes a bit hard to blend (i use mac brushes as well).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A bit of a blah brown colour IMO. It is very matte and I have found it hard to apply evenly. I have tended to use it more like an eyeliner with a small brush along the lower lash line. It's also good for shading my eyebrows. I much prefer a neutral shadow with a bit more depth and maybe a slight shimmer or frost.