LUSH American Cream

3.4

* Honey Water (Mel Aqua), * Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia), * Propylene Glycol, * Fresh Oranges (Citrus dulcis), * Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Fresh Strawberries (Fragaria vesca), * Perfume, * Lanolin, * Cetrimonium Bromide, * Cetearyl Alcohol, * Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), * Clary Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin), * *Linalool, * Coumarin.

I love the smell of this conditioner I used it with Seanik bar shampoo. I leave my hair smell so good, soft and shiny. My kids used this with me also. It also leave there hair soft and shiny. This is the only conditioner that I used because I have oily hair and scalp most conditioner leave my hair so flat and more oily. American cream is the only my go to conditioner.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this conditioner as a treat for myself because I loved the smell. I knew it wasn't that great as a conditioner from reading the reviews on here but my hair was pretty healthy at the time and I thought I could do with a beautifully scented product even if it didn't moisturize that much. However, since then I've had my hair bleached and dyed three times and it's in pretty bad shape now, and this just doesn't cut it anymore to restore my hair to a better softness. Also, after getting to almost the bottom of the bottle, I can't quite smell the product as much anymore - not that it's lost its scent, but that I've gotten too used to it and it doesn't seem as special anymore to me. So I have moved on and decided to try Retread for greater conditioning properties. It did have a very lovely smell, but sorry, a conditioner that doesn't quite perform that well is just not going to get a repurchase from me. it was fun while it lasted.

It smells good in the bottle but in the shower was not my cup of tea. It doesnt moisturize whatsoever. I let my bf use it since he has short hair and this doesnt make his hair oily but helps him feel less dry after i love juicy shampoo which we both like. This ones not for those with long hair looking for that hydration or soft smoothly comb-able hair. It doesnt do what conditioner suppose to do lol it barely does anything for me.

Smells absolutely incredible! Light conditioner though. Does not get knots out

The fragrance is super strong........i put it on and washed it off right away and try to cover it up with another conditioner because i have sensitive skin on my face which can reacts to strong scent. It smells nice it's just too much to my liking.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

i liked the way the scent would linger in my hair for hours afterwards.......but if a conditioner doesn't even condition your hair, then What's The Point

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got a small size for free at an event and was pretty excited to try it out. but my honest opinion (even though I love lush) is that it is overall really bad. does basically nothing, and smelled overly sweet I hated hated it. only used it that once since I couldn't stand the smell

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Smells good. Does nothing. That simple.

It smells really good - not quite strawberry milkshake, but rather more floral and complex. Unfortunately that's where the good parts end. It does absolutely nothing for my hair, almost like I didn't use conditioner at all. This, and I have normal hair. A regular $4 drugstore conditioner does a better job than this. I would've preferred it to be in a tub or some kind of more squeezy bottle too as the conditioner is not as fluid as a shower gel and I have to shake and hit the bottle to get the product out when I got to below half the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a great conditioner for adding softness and detangling. Since that's about all I need these days, especially after I use a heavily moisturizing shampoo like Fairly Traded Honey, American Cream is perfect. I love it almost as much as I love Happy Happy Joy Joy. For moisture, American Cream seems more effective, but for body and bounce, Happy Happy works better with my hair. I am head-over-heels in love with the smell of Happy Happy. I enjoy the smell of American Cream, but nothing is a special as orange blossom, for me. American Cream has a beautiful vanilla base that lasts like perfume. It's vanilla and another sweet aroma Lush says is strawberry. When smelling this without reading the description, however, I personally would never think, "strawberry vanilla". It doesn't smell like a "milkshake" to me, either. I smell vanilla, honey, styrax benzoin, and strawberry oil (rather than the actual fruit). I think of the American Cream name as a nice tribute to a beautiful, rare horse breed, which could soon be only a memory. I don't know if this hair conditioner is actually named for this horse breed. I suppose it could be a rhyme with "American Dream" or something.