LUSH American Cream

3.4

* Honey Water (Mel Aqua), * Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia), * Propylene Glycol, * Fresh Oranges (Citrus dulcis), * Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Fresh Strawberries (Fragaria vesca), * Perfume, * Lanolin, * Cetrimonium Bromide, * Cetearyl Alcohol, * Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), * Clary Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin), * *Linalool, * Coumarin.

The fragrance is super strong........i put it on and washed it off right away and try to cover it up with another conditioner because i have sensitive skin on my face which can reacts to strong scent. It smells nice it's just too much to my liking.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

i liked the way the scent would linger in my hair for hours afterwards.......but if a conditioner doesn't even condition your hair, then What's The Point

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got a small size for free at an event and was pretty excited to try it out. but my honest opinion (even though I love lush) is that it is overall really bad. does basically nothing, and smelled overly sweet I hated hated it. only used it that once since I couldn't stand the smell

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Smells good. Does nothing. That simple.

It smells really good - not quite strawberry milkshake, but rather more floral and complex. Unfortunately that's where the good parts end. It does absolutely nothing for my hair, almost like I didn't use conditioner at all. This, and I have normal hair. A regular $4 drugstore conditioner does a better job than this. I would've preferred it to be in a tub or some kind of more squeezy bottle too as the conditioner is not as fluid as a shower gel and I have to shake and hit the bottle to get the product out when I got to below half the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a great conditioner for adding softness and detangling. Since that's about all I need these days, especially after I use a heavily moisturizing shampoo like Fairly Traded Honey, American Cream is perfect. I love it almost as much as I love Happy Happy Joy Joy. For moisture, American Cream seems more effective, but for body and bounce, Happy Happy works better with my hair. I am head-over-heels in love with the smell of Happy Happy. I enjoy the smell of American Cream, but nothing is a special as orange blossom, for me. American Cream has a beautiful vanilla base that lasts like perfume. It's vanilla and another sweet aroma Lush says is strawberry. When smelling this without reading the description, however, I personally would never think, "strawberry vanilla". It doesn't smell like a "milkshake" to me, either. I smell vanilla, honey, styrax benzoin, and strawberry oil (rather than the actual fruit). I think of the American Cream name as a nice tribute to a beautiful, rare horse breed, which could soon be only a memory. I don't know if this hair conditioner is actually named for this horse breed. I suppose it could be a rhyme with "American Dream" or something.

Ugh. I want so badly to love this. The smell is incredible. I'm not sure how to describe it. I get a lot of vanilla, not so much strawberry. But not a "milkshake" vanilla. This smells a little more sophisticated. Almost floral. I could write for ages about the scent, it is just that good. Truly the best smelling hair product I have ever encountered. Best of all, the scent lasts in my hair for ages. Sometimes on the bus home from work I will turn my head and catch a whiff, a day or 2 after washing.

BUT. This honestly dried my hair out. I am not SLS-free but for some reason there are sulfates in this conditioner which is really weird. Lush claims it is there to act as an emulsifier but whatever the reason, this is NOT as moisturizing on me as I expected and as it is presented to be. Rinsing out my hair, it feels like nothing was ever in it. It still feels tangly and dry and just not good. My hair is long and colored, but not super damaged or dry, so I can't imagine using this if I really needed a lot of moisture. I can only imagine it does strip my hair color since there is SLS.

If this product had literally any other scent it would be 1 star for me. Totally useless. But wow, it's just that good. Also $20 for 8oz is not outrageous in the world of haircare but it just is too much for conditioner that I basically only keep around to smell every once in a while.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

-Gorgeous smell
-Works really well, seemingly for all hair types
-Smells lingers throughout the next few days

8/10

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on a whim, despite knowing of all the bad press this product has gotten. I loved the smell and I've been looking for a conditioner to pair with Lush's Rehab shampoo I've been using for the past few months. I have thick, naturally curly shoulder length hair and using a conditioner really helps my curls form nicely and stay bouncy. Even though I was expecting this product to not work out for me, I was planning on just using it as a shaving cream because the smell is as good as everyone says it is. It's very similar to Lush's Shimmy Shimmy body tint bar.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this product works. I used it on the ends of my hair and on my bangs after washing my hair in the shower and let it set for about a minute before I washed it out. I will say it did take a while to completely wash it out. Afterwards, I brushed my hair and I noticed that even though my hair was still wet, my hair still had noticeable formed curls and wasn't flat like it would usually be after a shower. Once it had dried, my hair was soft, my curls were beautifully formed and not frizzy or flat and my hair smelled amazing all day! This product works really well for my hair and I'm really glad I purchased it and I would definitely buy it again. However, I think it's a pretty hit and miss product. For some people it's their HG, for others it's a complete nightmare, so I can't really recommend it per se. If you think it's something you'd like, ask for a tester to see if it works with your hair.

While it is a bit pricey, I personally think it's worth it. Yes, I could get the same effect for a fraction of the price in the supermarket but I feel like because it is a vegan product with ethically sourced ingredients the price is pretty reasonable. The reason the supermarket conditioner only costs a euro or two is because the ingredients are easily accessible ( i.e, non-vegan, animal tested, parabens, ect. ). It's definitely not cheap, but I don't think the price for the 100g bottle I got is completely outrageous for what it is. 100g really goes a long way if you use it right. With any conditioner you have to make sure you only use a little and only put it on your ends, and then wash it out well. If you don't, then that's what makes your hair flat, dry and tangled afterwards.

In conclusion, I personally found this product to be fantastic and I'll definitely repurchase. However, I would recommend you get a tester before buying. This conditioner acts differently on everyone's hair and because it is a bit pricey, you should make sure it works with yours before you buy a bottle.

This conditioner is crap ! I was given samples of this yesterday at lush.
I have very long thick dry damaged ( only from the past Bc I no longer use much heat. ) I don't wash my hair unless I have my products otherwise my hair will always be super tangly and hard to manage. I was impressed with the sales rep that was told me that in the beginning the people behind lush were first hair gurus so as I explain how particular I am about hair care he gave me some samples of this conditioner and I love juicy shampoo. I used them today and both were very dry which I expected from a shampoo but the conditioner? My hair was super tangly after I washed it out. I wasn't crazy about the smell either it's too much. smells like vanilla cream and maybe orange cicle mixed together
.actually giving me a headache sitting here writing this review ugh.
I am currently using Paul Mitchell lavender mint shampoo and conditioner because it's super conditioning for me. I am so glad I didn't buy this. Especially with how expensive it was OMG.
My hair feels really dry right now
. Thank god for its a 10 leave in conditioner. I would skip this all together if u have long thick hai like me Bc it's not moisturizing or smoothing at all.