MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.7

on 6/10/2017 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Beautiful. A soft matte peachy brown which is very easy to blend and stays put. Easy to combine with other eyeshadows as a crease/transition color, the equivalent of bronzer for eyelids; it's not so much the color itself that looks flattering but the warmth it adds to the look. I personally love combining it with shimmery gold eyeshadow on the lids. Recommended!

on 1/6/2017 6:55:00 PM

Smooth highly pigmented gentle warm light brown. Very versatile colour that you can use on eyebrows as well. I think i'll get lots of use out of this.

on 11/29/2013 7:33:00 PM

I love this product! It is a great color to wear everyday and it looks wonderful with about any color you wear it with. I use it in my crease everyday, its always good to apply a matte color to you crease to add dimension to the eye.
Like I said, I wear it everyday and I am in high school and I have athletics during the middle of the day and afterwards it still looks good! I didn't think its pigmentation would last through my workout, but it did very well!
I WILL repurchase this product!!!!

PERFECT transition color! It works so well to blend out the edges and warm up your crease color. I use this pretty much every day. I've actually started using it as my crease color as well. I use Naked Lunch all over my lid with this blended up into the crease. I do this when I have more intense winged liner and want a polished lid look. Then I pair it with a deeper lip color like Ruby Woo or Diva. Seriously. This stuff looks woefully boring in the pan, but it's SO versatile.

on 7/28/2013 11:03:00 PM

I bought this probably about 5-6 months ago, so I've had plenty of time to play around with it. Anyways, I didn't really need much time to fall in love with this shade. It's a beautiful warm brown, and it's a perfect transition color if you're looking to warm up your look a little bit. I like using this with Vanilla and Corduroy, I find this combination just beautiful.

The texture is super soft and easy to blend, and it is not chalky at all which is great for a matte shade.

Overall, I think this is a great addition to anyone's collection, and I think it would get a lot of use!
Highly recommend!

I love to use this as a crease color for everyone with a fair to medium skin tone!!! I use it pretty much every day. I feel like everyone needs a little bit of a peachy brown in their crease.

I have been putting off buying this shadow for soooo long. I have every other transition shade that MAC has in the permanent line, and thought this one was just too orange -- boy was I wrong! I love it! Not only is it a great color that goes with just about ANY look, it has the best texture and blends soooo easily! If you are looking for a transition color, feel free to check out my "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog:

Such a gorgeous shade, I love using this to blend out harsh lines- and best of all, it has worked with every single colour :) Just yesterday, I blended out a Purple Smoky eye, and it did a wonderful job. I simply take my MAC 224 brush, and lightly blend this all over the crease and everything looks so much more blended and polished- This product is a must have! Soft Brown is also a very pretty transition colour- Its universal, and looks beautiful with almost any eyeshadow combination.

on 7/8/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this colour! works really well with Mac's brule and corduroy , great in the crease and blended out, also a nice colour for a full lid coverage, another great shadow for girls with green and hazel eyes.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

For the longest time, I thought this eyeshadow was way too orange on me. However, the other day I wore it with "All that Glitters" eyeshadow on the lid and "Ricepaper" in the crease and the result was really beautiful, but understated. The eyeshadow blends very easily, as well. I would give this a five, but if it was a touch less orange and more brown, I would absolutely love it. I'm NC20.