MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

I needed a colour that went well in the crease with navy blue eyeliner and I must say I like this one. This shade is one off the best sellers and is useful with many other shades.The pans are now $8 which I'm happy with .

on 1/16/2016 7:07:00 AM

Soft brown is the perfect transition shade for me. I love this color in the crease of my eye and then I use it to blend out all my other eyeshadows to get that soft focus look. I like a blended out eye where you cannot tell where each color begins and ends. Soft brown is perfect for softening everything up. The color is a peachy brown and it's matte. It's one of my staple eye shadows.

on 7/25/2014 10:44:00 PM

I use this color for crease shading and blending for natural eye looks. I use on MAC paint pots (Painterly and Cash Flow) so the color comes out quite nicely. I also use a natural haired brush for application and blending into darker shadows so more color is held with each brush swipe. This is my go-to color for basing and for creases with any color eyes but especially blue/green eyes. One of the most used colors in my MAC shadow collection.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Like all other reviews, this shade really does make a great transition shade to blend Neutral shades out! The texture is pretty much like all matte mac eye shadows and it's easy to spread all over the crease. The color is like an orange-ish brown and compliments the crease nicely if you wear it alone, just as long as it's blended out pretty well.

With a primer it lasts all day on my crease, and I think the shade is especially pretty when blended with Mac's Satin Brune.

PERFECT transition color! It works so well to blend out the edges and warm up your crease color. I use this pretty much every day. I've actually started using it as my crease color as well. I use Naked Lunch all over my lid with this blended up into the crease. I do this when I have more intense winged liner and want a polished lid look. Then I pair it with a deeper lip color like Ruby Woo or Diva. Seriously. This stuff looks woefully boring in the pan, but it's SO versatile.

on 7/10/2013 10:40:00 PM

I was hesitant at first to buy Soft Brown (matte eyeshadow) which looks boring and orangey in the pan. I was not convinced it would work with my MAC Eclair and Constructivist paint pots as a transition colour, however once I put the two together, the results were absolutely beautiful. Soft brown is the perfect transition colour to warm up the look, it is not an eyeshadow to be worn over the lid or on it's own. The texture is fantastic, great pigmentation and this will last ages! I highly recommend it, it really completes an eye look.

PERFECT transitioning color for my pale skin! I use this with every eyeshadow look! Perfect color, pigmentation and everything! BUY THIS!

on 5/2/2013 3:43:00 AM

Random fact: this is the shade used on Christina Hendricks when she plays Joan in Mad Men, so you know it is a pretty, classic shade.

It is definitely more of a transition color than one to use solo. I have paired it with Soba to tone down the orange if I feel like wearing brown shades (it sounds strange since Soba is a gold color with yellow undertones, but it really takes out Soft Brown's orange/red tones). This shadow also worked great as a transition color with Shadowy Lady (dark purple shade). Very versatile color and works with a lot of different skin tones.

on 3/28/2013 11:33:00 PM

There are so many reviews explaining how amazing this eyeshadow is so I'm not going to make this long...
I was never able to use any orange eyeshadow. Even an eyeshadow that contains the slightest hint of orange. It would look horrible on my skin, like I got punched in the eye or something (I'm NW20, blonde hair, blue eyes). Soft brown is a brownish-orangey colour, so I was very hesitant to buy it, even though I've seen so many raving about it. I'm SOO happy I did! It looks amazing on me, the perfect crease and blending shade :) I seriously think this colour would look good on anyone soo GO TRY IT!

This is a great crease and transition shade.
It's very warm almost orrangey brown. It adds great depth to the crease because it's color and it's matte finish. This is a keeper in my transition shade family: Mac wedge, texture, saffron // UD naked, buck, and Tease.