Avon Glazewear - Chic Mauve

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/3/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like the consistency and wear and look of this lip gloss. I almost never wear lip gloss, but this one wears so well. I don't like to pile it on, I like to sheer it out. I just wish the color was more mauve-y. It's not cool enough for me, though it also depends on what lighting I'm in. I think I'd try a cooler color next time, though not sure which one. It's very long-wearing for a gloss.

on 5/30/2010 9:44:00 PM

I love this lipgloss! I have all the colors but my favorite is Mauve. It's universal regardless of your skin tone. It's shiney, subtle, not overwhelming, and very muted. This goes with everything from professional life to personal life to night life. I've got all the colors, and they are EXTREMELY inexpensive--$1.99!!! I'll continue to buy these little gems!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am surprised I haven't reviewed this yet. This is what turned me on to glazewears and this particular color in the first place. I love how this gloss is still and and not sticky and goo-y and it's looks like sweet dew on my lips :) It's rather long lasting and this color is awesome. It's a nude pinky mauve and it's classy looking. I wear alone when I'm in a rush or simple make-up or on top off nude or pale or rosey pink lip sometimes. My mother gave my my first one and I have to find an avon to find it when I ran out and I was glad I bough another. However I recently check out the Avon website and they don't sell it anymore, so that sucks :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It moisturizes and looks like a lipgloss, but wears and stays like a lipstick. It doesnt dry out my lips. I can eat with it, the glossiness will wear off but the color will still be there. I can go all day with this; the color and creaminess will be there. The only reason I'd have to touch up is to keep up the shine. This is my favorite mauve gloss/lipcolor.

I was really surprised by this! The color and the wear were not what I expected.

First of all, the color is pretty sheer and lighter than I thought it would be. It's a light pink with brown and purple tones to it. It's more of a natural look.

And the other thing is the wear--this is my first Glazewear gloss, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's pretty long-wearing for a gloss. It wears more like a lipstick. And it's not sticky, thank goodness.

on 5/7/2009 3:18:00 AM

Not too bad but the mauve is just not the colour for me and this gloss smells unpleasant during application. I was actually surprised to hear that glazewear lip gloss is a best seller. I really should have bought a pink one but didn't because during the campaign I'd also purchased one of Avon's Big Color lip pencils in champagne pink and by the way LOVE it. Anyway keep the tube handy because after a couple of cups of coffee I need to tatally reapply.

I am a NC40.

This is like a lipstick in a tube pretty much but more like a lipgloss setting. Does that make sense? :)

It doesn't really smell like anything, maybe like lipstick. It goes on smooth and silky and it's thick but not goopy. It is very pigmented and goes on just like how you see it in the tube.

I would buy this line again, but in different color. I'm a fan of nudes and this was too dark for me

on 2/9/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this!! It is a perfect color & consistency for my skin tone. I hate sticky glosses & this goes on smooth & soft for a sheer lovely color. It also has a light, sweet scent. I love it so much that I've now accumulated 7 of them - I stock up whenever Avon has them on sale. I've tried 3 of the other colors, but like this one the very best. My only complaint is that, when the tube starts to get empty, it is really difficult to get the product from the bottom or the sides. Luckily I have 7 back-ups....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I can't wear this one. I am very fair with cool tones to my skin -- and wearing orchid-colored lipgloss makes me look like a corpse. Yikes.

on 5/10/2008 1:23:00 AM

Nice color on my light to medium complexion especially with a little tan. I always gravitate toward the mauves and this is a nice one alone or over a darker lipstick for an evening look. Could be a little darker on its own.

I uploaded a photo of my lips with Chic Mauve Glazewear over top of Patricia Wexler MC Lip Plumper.

Popular Lip Glosses