MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.2

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this bronzer. It is true that the sparkles are so refined that they do not show up of your face (thank the lord). However, my biggest struggle has been its blendability? It tends to look like..patchy and weird on my cheeks, as if I can never get it so blend out nicely. However, I love the color. It is not orange-y or too warm and there are no visible sparkles and it wears all day (although I do use a setting spray). But I get agitated by its lack of blending and harsh, weird-looking lines it leaves on my cheeks. I debated returning it for a long time but decided to keep it because I do love the color and keep hoping that I will eventually master how it is best applied.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this bronzer for over a decade! It really is the perfect bronzer when used correctly. When I was younger I used this all over my face which I do not recommend. BUT when applied as a light dust it is gorgeous. It is a warm shade with a subtle gold sparkle. I tried the the NARS Laguna and hated it. It made me look dirty. This is the HG bronzer ladies!

Pretty on my fair skin tone, not orangey at all, slight shimmer but not in a drag queen type of way. Love this bronzer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Refined Golden is a great bronzer, especially for fairer tones. I'm an NC20-25 and this never makes me muddy or worse, orangey. It does have a golden shimmer/glitter when you look at it in the compact, but it never shows up on my skin. Instead, what I see is a nice, natural looking, healthy tan. This works well when I'm not tan, or when I use my favorite self-tanner (Kardashian Glamour Tan is unbeatable!). I use a blush brush that's on the flatter side, or a brush like the Too Faced Flatbuki. A little product goes a long way, and it's much easier to build up than to tone it down after. I don't carry it in my purse, since I really don't feel it needs touch ups, and a lot of times MAC compacts can be very fragile and totally crumble if it accidentally. I also use this to contour other areas, like the hollows of my collar bones or the outlines of my calf muscles when wearing heels. It's a great powder, and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely looove this product! I have been using it for five years and have yet to find another one that can top it! it has a nice shimmer but it not too overpowering. it is perfect for my medium skin tone! i get way more compliments on how naturally tan i look when wearing this than when i wear any other bronzer.my only complaint would be that if you drop it even once the product breaks up into chunks. i wish they would redesign the packaging for it, but other than that it is fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A little too dark and too shimmery (sparkely) for me.
I like Golden (regular "Golden") much better. I am an NW20 PPP.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I used this bronzer for many years when I did competitive dancing. The judges wanted the performers to all be really tan. I would get a fake tan and then put this stuff on (ridiculous, I know :D). Even with all the sweat from performing, the bronzer stayed on and didn't shrink. If I were to get this bronzer again, I would get in a much lighter shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I absolutely adore this bronzer. I have always wanted to try this, however since I wear bronzer only occasionally- I didn't feel like spending $28.00 on it. Enter the 'To the Beach' collection and the adorable packaging suckered me in :) but it is a great product. Many of the bronzers I have tried, pull very red on me- making me look sunburnt and orange. This has zero red and orange, its a lovely light tan color with a slight sheen (it has tiny microglitter- but it isnt noticeable on the skin) it gives me the perfect sunkissed glow, without making me look like I applied pure orange to my skin (NC25/neutral/yellow undertone here) ........This wears for a very long time, and works well under blush or just by itself, even as a light contour. A great bronzer!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a soft bronzer in more of a light golden tone. On my skin its rather natural. However this is build-able, yet goes lightly. Still not sure on... Search continues!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use bronzer religously. I prefer to use blush but whenever the sun comes out and I get a bit darker I always reach for this, and I love it! It looks so so natural, I chose this after a long search because it has no pink undertones, it is purely brown. It does have shimmer but I never wear enough for it to to be obvious. This looks brilliant with a golden creme shimmer product, very healthy and glowy. Highly recommended.