3.2

Reviews

2.0
from

4 years ago

I can't figure out why this product works so well for me - it seems like a typical leave-in/curl creme, but I get good results using just this alone. I have fine but a lot of very curly hair (3C-ish), which is mid-back length, and loses curl/gets frizzy quickly with manipulation. It is low-porosity and hates 99% of all products ever, including the gels that other curlies swear by. Good hair days for me are like finding a unicorn. How I use this product: I take a quarter-sized dollop (edit: NICKLE sized) and gently smooth it (just smooth, not comb or rake) through my hair, concentrating on the mid-shaft to the ends. Then I grab and shake the bottom of my curls, and also piece out the sides to separate the curls a bit (modified rake and shake technique). I use a turban style hair towel (Aquis or Turbie Twist) to dry a bit, and then make a loose bun on top of my head secured by a scrunchie. I let my hair air dry for as long as I can, or diffuse lightly if I can't stand waiting. It will be wet for hours (yay, low porosity), but if it's 5 or more hours before I take it down I will get nicer, less frizzy curls. Be careful and don't use too much or your hair will be greasy and limp. This is my only criticism of this product. Once I figured out the amount to use I've been pleased. ETA: Sadly, this product does break me out if I use more than the tiniest amount and it leaves a lot of buildup.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

This stuff is the worst, left my hair a greasy-looking disaster. It left my waves and curls very defined, but only because it coated my hair in a waxy film.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

The trick to using this product is to realize that you need to dilute it with some water, and put it on the bottom 2/3's of your hair before leaving the shower. I am extremely happy with this product when I use it this way! I have gorgeous, long brown hair that tends to be dry and I dye it frequently. My hair is also a mixture between very curly on the bottom and wavy on top along with excessive frizz in the Florida humidity. This is the only product that actually tames my curls and when I blow it out and use a flat iron to re-curl it- it looks amazing! It lasts for three days and I LOVE it! I also noticed that it is a lot easier to use the flat iron with this product in my hair. For another option: I can also put it in and, "wash and wear" without excessive extra blow-drying, but I still have frizz on top (the part I don't put the product on) so I will usually just lightly style the top and wear the rest to air dry. I made the mistake of using too much at first and it made my hair look wet all day. But, it still looked nice like that too. I noticed that when I watered it down in a separate container, and was careful to only distribute it on the lower ends, this worked like a charm! I don't particularly like the smell, but it is not offensive either. Using less with water seems to help with letting my other hair product smells come through better too. All and all, I really- I highly recommend this product. I get tons and tons of compliments on my hair daily. :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

Works better than any other leave in for my black-Asian mixed hair. I've got thick, strong, fast growing unruly curls with massive amounts of frizz. The smell is light and pleasant. I use a lot though. For me, it's at least a silver dollar worth--two if I've just shampooed. My hair is shoulder length. I part and use a pic to detangle my hair. It dries nicely with this leave in. I get lovely spiral curls, which I touch up with a curling iron on low.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Tan

HairBrunette

3.0

6 years ago

I received a generous sample of this and just feel meh about it. It's VERY heavy and thick. My hair is very thick and coarse and long. I figured this stuff would be great since I have very wavy/curly hair. It's not. It just leaves a greasy and heavy feeling in my hair and my scalp itches lol. It feels dirty and not pleasant. It's very pricey too, like $35 for this. I have gotten better and happier results from a regular mousse. It's nice that's its got natural ingredients and it sounds great, but its not. My curls and waves just dried all different ways and its a huge bushy mess. I would pass on this if I were looking for a good moisturizing mousse-type product.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

6 years ago

I want to love this product but it's just no good for my hair. It doesn't completely define my curls and it doesn't hold for more than a day. I'd rather use L'Oreal Mousse without alcohol...it's the EverStrong line I think.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Other

7 years ago

I have extremly frizzy curly hair that does not like to cooperate even on the best day. This is my weapon against it. I just use a dime sized amount and bam! curls not frizz. Expensive yes but so far this is a must have for my wayward hair.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

7 years ago

This is so far the only product that I like in the CD brand. Hair Milk is great for defining curls on my small crop and lasts well throughout the day. I find that it mixes well with water on my hair. The only draw back is that it's not the best smell, much like the Healthy Hair Butter it stinks. So I'd recommend finding a light scent satisfying spray to diffuse the funk a bit. Overall, it curls well.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

from

7 years ago

I've tried a lot of frizz-reducing products and have not been very impressed. I have fine, frizzy, dry, color-treated hair that can be poofy. Since I started using this product, my frizzies have been more under control. After shampooing, I spray some Enjoy Conditioning Spray and smooth on the hair milk, and my hair drys very nicely with minimal frizz. I also like that this product doesn't have silicone, as I cannot stand the build up of silicone products.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

EyesBlack

3.0

7 years ago

I bought this item about 2 years ago and loved it the smell was so good! it smelled like lemon, i bought it just for the smell but it did help my damaged thick hair a bit. Its an expensive hair product so i waited til now to buy it again with a coupon for 30% off I got the small 2oz size for $6, I was so excited to smell it and to my surprise it does not smell the same anymore!! wheres the lemon smell???? that was the best thing about this product.. not worth returning so i hope it works the same but damn why did carols do this to hair milk!! One less expensive thing to buy i guess!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age25-29