SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.7

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

Among the thousands of clay masks, this is an exceptionally good one. For people like me with weird skin, this is a godsend.

My skin has almost all of the skin issues you can have: rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, congested skin, blackheads, sebacous filaments, pigmentation, melasma and dehydration. Basically, it is hyper-sensitive combination skin with a drier t-zone. I break out mostly on my chin area due to hormones and the break outs leave dark marks on my skin.

I struggle to find products that work for my sensitive skin and donīt trigger my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.

Itīs especially frustrating as I have congested skin with lots of subcutaneous clogs on my chin and they usually recommend BHA and AHA for this. My skin refused this ingredients and the only thing I could do was getting regular facials. But even with the facials, my skin would clog like crazy.

Enter this mask. It has AHA in it, so I thought, this would not work for my skin and rather make my skin burn or get irritated. And Iīm usually not a fan of clay masks as they tend to dry out my already dehydrated skin and leave my skin dehydrated and dry as a desert.

I got samples to try this maks out and I was amazed. This mask makes my skin so smooth and glowy while reducing the clogs significantly. My esthetician used this generously on my skin as I gave her permission to use this after the extractions (yes, she needs permission as my skin is that sensitive).

And what can I say? My skin glowed and really drank up the Hydrating B5 Serum that she used afterwards. That is one effect I really like: This mask makes the skin ready for the hydrating and nourishing skincare you use afterwards. My skin really soaked up the serum and was plump and smooth afterwards. No mask ever delivered this results.

At home, I use this as a mask either all over my face or just on my t-zone, depending on the state of my skin. I also use this on spots as a spot treatment. I make sure to always use a serum from Skinceuticals after this, mostly the Hydrating B5 or the Phyto Corrective Gel. This combo makes my skin look fresh, polished and plump.

I wonīt lie to you and say that this solved every skin issue I have. I still break out on my chin and have pigmentation from my break outs. But this mask calms the break outs, helps with my congestion and reduces the pigmentation after break outs. It makes my skin smooth and more receptible for the serums I use.

Be sure to use sunscreen every day when you use this on a regular base as the AHA can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. I use at least SPF 30 every day.

Skinceuticals isnīt the cheapest brand when it comes to skincare. I bought this online on offer for 41 EUR/55 USD, but the normal price is 60 EUR/81 USD here in Europe. But it lasts a long time and it really delivers good results. For me, this is totally worth the money and with my skin issues I have to invest in good quality skincare products. For people with totally unproblematic nice healthy skin, this might not be wirth the money.

Iīve decided to throw away the cheap products to concentrate on using a few effective, maybe expensive products, instead of using many products, which eventually irritate my skin.

Iīd clearly recommend this mask for people who have sensitive, dry or ageing skin with break outs or clogs.

on 6/25/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally clay masks do over-dry normal to dry skins, but this does not. They also tend to be bad for sensitive ones, but this does not. Highly recommended for aging, sensitive skins which need to be clarified.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

You don't necessarily need oily skin to benefit from this exfoliating clay mask, you don't even need to be acne prone. However, if you do experience oily/combo skin issues, you too are only a few minutes away from having more balanced, even, smooth, glowing skin!

If oiliness isn't such a problem for you, massage onto face and neck in the shower to keep warm and moist as you are busy cleaning your hair and body... let the clay gently buff away dirt and dead skin, and light chemical exfoliators brighten and deep cleanse while you do.

For those of you who are oily, use as an exfoliator and deep cleanser in the shower as I suggested above, with the added benefit of softening pore cogestion, but another way to use it is by letting it dry on the skin, reducing excess oil and impurities from the upper layers. This will help to refine pores.

If you know how to correctly, this is the perfect time to extract any blackheads you can get, but hurry and always be gentle. Follow with an antibacterial solution if you've extracted anything.

Follow immediately with your favorite moisturizer. If you're oily, that still means you, though you'd have to choose something hydrating and not oily.

This is a great clay mask that has a lot of power without being too much for even sensitive skin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mask and like how it leaves my skin tight and fresh. I usually use about once a week to deep treat my face and help with my adult acne

on 2/26/2011 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like this mask. It is the first mask that I have used and seen a real difference with. My skin feels great and my pores look better than ever. You only need a tiny amount so the jar will last for a long time.

I have been using it for about six months now. If something changes, I will post an update.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Skinceuticals' Vit C products. They are superb. This, however, is not. I did not see any great results after using consistenly, I got bad stinging during and after use, and I did get some minor breakouts. I can't recommend this as a result.

This is an awsome product. Use it once or twice a week to have clean, exfoliated skin. The ingredients include some AHA's which for some may cause some stinging. However I like that because when I can feel something happening I should see results. If I have a pimple show up on my face I put a dab of the mask on it and leave it on while I sleep, by morning 60% of my pimples are gone. Some take a few nights to get rid of. this is how I keep from having acne. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far, I really like this mask. I like that it isn't over-drying and has ingredients proven to work on the skin from within. My skin looks glowy and soft when I wash it off, and the best part is, it looks even better the next morning. It's expensive, but I get it on eBay for less. I think I like it better than the Indian Healing Clay which I think is too drying in the end.

on 11/29/2005 12:17:00 AM

More than just a clay mask...WOW! This is a glycolic exfoliating mask at the same time. Usually with clay...you know, it's just a pore cleanser...but with this product, you kill two birds with one stone. I hardly ever do physical exfoliation any more(except with my dear Liz Earle muslin cloths)...I rely on enzymes and AHAs. Here's an easy way to AHA while claying. It's nice to be able to do one treatment and get two results. Oh...the glycolic does sting a bit when I use this(and my skin is pretty tough), and likewise a bit red when I wash this off. Could be I've been overtreating my skin lately, but it's worth mentioning.