Nexxus Humectress

3.7

New formula (2009): Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Bis(C13-15 Alkoxy) PG-Amodimethicone, Stearalkonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isostearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethiconol, C14-15 Alcohols, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Propylene Glycol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Myristic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Honey Extract (Mel, Extrait de Miel), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Ceramide 3, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Tocopheryl Acetate **** Original formula: Water (Aqua), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour Lipids (Triticum Vulgare), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima), Soybean Sterol (Glycine Soja), Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Penoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Yes, for winter-ravaged aging hair, this is a must.
Can't say if I'll feel the same in the humid summer, but as for
dry heat indoors, and frigid winds outdoor... this is a winnter.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a long time lover of Redken Climatress, I was looking for something similar as a moisturizer. I loved Humectress, made my colored hair silky and soft. I fear the effect is not going to be long lasting but it's better than anything else I've found. The price was a little stiff, I must say, I found one tube of a smaller size that made it reasonable. I'll be shopping around for a better price when I do rebuy.

Not great, not horrible. This conditioner isn't very moisturizing, but it's far from the worst I've tried.

It has a nice, thick texture and provides an okay amount of slip. It's pricey for a drugstore conditioner, I would recommend Herbal Essences Hello Hydration over this. Or Joico Moisture Recovery if you don't mind spending a little more.

This product just isn't up to the task of conditioning my dry, thirsty locks. Won't buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted so much to like this conditioner, because I had heard good things about it, and it smells absolutely AMAZING. When i got it I was really anxious to try it out in the shower, and let my hair airdry as usual, and it was just limp :( I guess it's all the heavy moisturizers or something, because I dont really have fine hair so it wasnt that, I feel like this might be worth a try for curly, dry hair, but otherwise, disappointing.

I have very thin, fine, frizzy hair. It is oily but tends to dry out very easily (how does that make sense.) Anyway, I bought this conditioner about two months ago and it hasnt helped my hair at all. I am a conditioner junkie, if I dont like one I tend to throw it away without giving it a full chance. So, I decided to use the full bottle of this product. My hair is an absolute mess! It is flater, dryer, and frizzer than before I purchased this product. It leaves a funny film on my hair if I do not blow dry it.
When using it you can feel how thin the conditioner is, it isnt a think cream like others and I have to use a lot to get the full effect. I will say that the product does work better if I do not use shampoo before hand, like if I were using at a deep conditioning treatment. I would not buy this product again and I am glad that I am finally out. I shouldnt have stayed with it as long as I did. My own fault!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Pro's: It smells great. Cons: Everything else. My hair is naturally curly and prone to dryness. This had zero moisturizing properties. My hair felt like straw. Tried it twice and then returned it. Not for black hair

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this on sale for $7 at my grocery store. It came in a combo pack with the finishing spray. $7 is unbeatable for two full sized Nexxus products! I absolutely love their heat protectant spray have tried a few of their other products in the past which I have also have enjoyed. While I love the finishing spray, which to me is worth the $7 on its own, I was tempted many times to throw this in the garbage. I don't know if it was on sale because it was old/expired, as I don't see any visible writing on the packaging indicating such, but I felt this product smelled a little funny (moldy?) and felt almost slimy in my hair. I tend to go a little heavy on the conditioner, as my hair is extremely long and more often than not visibly heat damaged from styling/not keeping up on my trims. After rinsing this conditioner out thoroughly, I would blow dry my hair and feel a residue which I originally believed to be too many products in general (smoothing cream, heat protectant, detangler, etc.). I cut back on the products and found the same results. Also, I often air dry my hair throughout the week on days where I'm only working and not doing anything requiring styling. I found with only shampoo and this particular conditioner with NO additional products whatsoever still left my hair feeling greasy, heavy, and looking overall yucky. I came to a compromise with myself and began using only a small amount of product and only on days where I knew I was only going to air dry. Needless to say, this was a total fail, but still like Nexxus in general!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I just bought more of this because I'm almost out! I have dry,frizzy,coarse hair. I use this w/ my curly hair or straighten it & it works great! I was amazed something from drugstore wouldn't kill my hair. Leaves it soft & smooth & healthy. :)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The worst product I have ever used, period. Left my hair dried out, it felt like straw and I have never had a product produce these kinds of results. $35 completely wasted, I got halfway through the bottle and decided the damage it was doing wasn't worth saving the money.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

When I first bought this product my hair loved it, de tangled so easily, softened and really smelled wonderful. However after several months my hair just stopped cooperating with this stuff.. No wonder, it's loaded with silicones that just seemed to Coat my hair. I still have a huge bottle of this and I'm not sure if I'll finish it. No thanks. I'll stick to my shea moisture.

Popular Conditioners