3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I'm always trying to find a great detangling conditioner that performs well in Ontario's dry winter weather. I bought a bottle of this for about $18 at my local Shoppers (so it wasn't exactly cheap) and regret it. For whatever reason, this conditioner makes my hair feel more dry and tangly. I have lots of very long, fine hair and I can't use this if I want to detangle my hair. I kept trying to make this work through a whole bottle of it, but I'd always have to use a followup conditioner from another brand to make my hair feel normal. I think that cheaper Suave conditioners work better than Nexxus. This doesn't add any slip or softness to my hair, and it has a generic, perfumey, sharp, floral-ish smell to it. I don't get the hype over this one.

About reviewer (268 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This is one of the best deep conditioners on the market. I've been using it for years. I have ultra lightened blonde hair, brought up to platinum and it's super processed and dry. I use this stuff three or four times and my hair is back to normal. The trick is to leave it on for half an hour if your hair is very dry, over lightened or damaged. Once you leave it on that long a few times you'll see a real difference. You can't expect any conditioner to drastically improve really dry hair by leaving it on 5 minutes and rinsing it out. Give it a bit of time to do its stuff. It has a nice fragrance and isn't very expensive. More than some drug store brands though. I can't say I like the bottle. Hard to get the product out and like most tall bottles it's always falling over in the shower.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Yes, for winter-ravaged aging hair, this is a must. Can't say if I'll feel the same in the humid summer, but as for dry heat indoors, and frigid winds outdoor... this is a winnter.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBlond

4 years ago

As a long time lover of Redken Climatress, I was looking for something similar as a moisturizer. I loved Humectress, made my colored hair silky and soft. I fear the effect is not going to be long lasting but it's better than anything else I've found. The price was a little stiff, I must say, I found one tube of a smaller size that made it reasonable. I'll be shopping around for a better price when I do rebuy.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

5 years ago

I wanted so much to like this conditioner, because I had heard good things about it, and it smells absolutely AMAZING. When i got it I was really anxious to try it out in the shower, and let my hair airdry as usual, and it was just limp :( I guess it's all the heavy moisturizers or something, because I dont really have fine hair so it wasnt that, I feel like this might be worth a try for curly, dry hair, but otherwise, disappointing.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2.0

5 years ago

I have very thin, fine, frizzy hair. It is oily but tends to dry out very easily (how does that make sense.) Anyway, I bought this conditioner about two months ago and it hasnt helped my hair at all. I am a conditioner junkie, if I dont like one I tend to throw it away without giving it a full chance. So, I decided to use the full bottle of this product. My hair is an absolute mess! It is flater, dryer, and frizzer than before I purchased this product. It leaves a funny film on my hair if I do not blow dry it. When using it you can feel how thin the conditioner is, it isnt a think cream like others and I have to use a lot to get the full effect. I will say that the product does work better if I do not use shampoo before hand, like if I were using at a deep conditioning treatment. I would not buy this product again and I am glad that I am finally out. I shouldnt have stayed with it as long as I did. My own fault!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

from

5 years ago

Pro's: It smells great. Cons: Everything else. My hair is naturally curly and prone to dryness. This had zero moisturizing properties. My hair felt like straw. Tried it twice and then returned it. Not for black hair

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesHazel

2.0

5 years ago

I purchased this on sale for $7 at my grocery store. It came in a combo pack with the finishing spray. $7 is unbeatable for two full sized Nexxus products! I absolutely love their heat protectant spray have tried a few of their other products in the past which I have also have enjoyed. While I love the finishing spray, which to me is worth the $7 on its own, I was tempted many times to throw this in the garbage. I don't know if it was on sale because it was old/expired, as I don't see any visible writing on the packaging indicating such, but I felt this product smelled a little funny (moldy?) and felt almost slimy in my hair. I tend to go a little heavy on the conditioner, as my hair is extremely long and more often than not visibly heat damaged from styling/not keeping up on my trims. After rinsing this conditioner out thoroughly, I would blow dry my hair and feel a residue which I originally believed to be too many products in general (smoothing cream, heat protectant, detangler, etc.). I cut back on the products and found the same results. Also, I often air dry my hair throughout the week on days where I'm only working and not doing anything requiring styling. I found with only shampoo and this particular conditioner with NO additional products whatsoever still left my hair feeling greasy, heavy, and looking overall yucky. I came to a compromise with myself and began using only a small amount of product and only on days where I knew I was only going to air dry. Needless to say, this was a total fail, but still like Nexxus in general!

About reviewer (286 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCA2qCjifes&list=UUxtn5l6RDPGhEeTx4BYo_VQ I just bought more of this because I'm almost out! I have dry,frizzy,coarse hair. I use this w/ my curly hair or straighten it & it works great! I was amazed something from drugstore wouldn't kill my hair. Leaves it soft & smooth & healthy. :)

About reviewer (289 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

5 years ago

The worst product I have ever used, period. Left my hair dried out, it felt like straw and I have never had a product produce these kinds of results. $35 completely wasted, I got halfway through the bottle and decided the damage it was doing wasn't worth saving the money.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55