Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner

Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner

4.2

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol; Cetrimonium Chloride; Potassium Chloride;Distearyldimonium Chloride; Fragrance (Parfum); Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PVP; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

on 6/7/2016 4:56:00 PM

I had trouble finding this, but eventually found it at Walmart. They had a tremendous Suave selection. I paid $1.97 for a family size bottle. I told my husband to remind me how cheap it was in case I didn't like it. I was not terribly impressed. First, I needed a giant dollop. It smells clean and fruity. But it doesn't help much with detangling, and it doesn't make my hair any softer. So I will probably use it as a shaving cream for my legs but I won't be using it as a conditioner very often.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am so in love with this and the matching shampoo! It is seriously better than all my high end products, I love the smell too, it makes my fine highlighted hair feel super clean all day. I have co washed with this too and it's great for that too! I would buy this over and over again.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Let me start off by saying that I live in Texas, and the water in the Houston and Austin areas is hard, heavily chlorinated, and not the cleanest. :/ I grew up in Michigan, and was spoiled on clean fresh water from the Great Lakes. When I moved to Texas a couple of years ago, I noticed my beautiful long hair started going to crap- the ends were splitting and breaking faster than you could say lickety split, my hair was becoming dry and brittle, but at the same time left with an oily waxy film on it. It felt, looked, and smelled disgusting. And NOTHING was working- none of my original shampoos and conditioners, and nothing new I tried- both expensive and cheap. Ended up cutting off about 5 inches of my long beautiful hair due to what I call Texas water damage. I thought I was going to have to go full pixie cut and cry, but then I found this. :) Clarifying shampoos and conditioners are the only products I have found that work on my hair in hard, chlorinated, not-the-cleanest water. And the one by Suave has been the best of them all so far. :)

The conditioner is very lightweight, and oil free (perfect if you live in a hard water area such as myself, lol). Doesn't have that oily thick feeling like other conditioners I've used. Lightly scented, with a nice clean scent. Detangles my long, thin, straight hair like a dream come true- just combs right through like a hot knife through butter! I leave the conditioner in my hair for about 3-5 minutes before rinsing it out. And I actually like to leave a little of the conditioner left behind in my hair- I know it sounds counter intuitive, but it works wonders for me. When I wash out the conditioner completely, my hair ends up feeling slightly dry. But when I leave about a quarter sized amount in, it feels hydrated, soft, smooth, and happy. ^_^ When my hair's wet, and the conditioner is still in it, it feels a little "slimy" at first. But this quickly goes away as it dries, leaving my hair soft and tangle free. This technique may not work for everyone, but this is what I do for my hair and it seems happy, lol. Can't beat the price on this product, either! Under $2 at most Walmarts and Targets for a giant bottle. I use this in conjunction with the suave clarifying shampoo. Also, I do use more of the conditioner than the shampoo, but I use a lot at a time to help fight the drying effects of the hard water and chlorine. Highly recommend this conditioner, especially if you have hard/heavily chlorinated water! ^_^

Some people have said that stylists will tell you this is bad for your hair. The only reason I think they say that is because salons aren't usually pushing products like Suave, they're pushing expensive salon products that get them more money. They lose money if they tell you to go with the cheap stuff. I've used expensive salon shampoos and conditioners in the past that damaged my hair, and this stuff always helped fix it inexpensively. :)

on 11/20/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

My HG cowash! I have small tighter coils 4a (with a bit of 3c) n this detangles amazingly. I love that it has no protein / protein related ingredients (like coconut oil or aloe) & also no silicones. Great price, but what makes me sad is that it is somewhat hard to find :(

on 10/3/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is amaaaazing!! I have been co-washing for over a year now and by far this conditioner is the best I have used. It is gentle like a conditioner and lightly moisturizes, but it is also very cleaning, like a shampoo. Let's jump in:
Pros:
- Awesome price. 1.50 for a family size bottle? Yes please.
- No cones or sulfate! CG friendly, so hard to find on a budget :)
- Light, minimal scent. The smell is clean and does not linger for long after rinsing.
- No build up at all, but is still moisturizing. Leaves hair soft and silky with no trace of weight (something I often have a problem with)
- So cleaning! Even if you are soaked in sweat or have major hair spray build up (or both, yikes), this stuff will get it out with some light massaging.

Cons:
- Like all of the suave natural conditioners this stuff is pretty thin, so if you are like me and want to feel like every strand of hais is being soaked in conditioner you will need a lot of it.

Overall: LOVE this stuff, will buy again and again. A must-try if you are a co-washer or would like to be, or if you are looking for a conditioner that provides an extra cleaning kick.

I had tried co-washing with Wen a few years back and didn't have much success so I was skeptical when trying this from the get go. I have fine straight-ish hair that is typically greasy at the roots. Before doing my first co-wash I did use a clarifying shampoo two nights before (neutrogena anti residue). I noted that this version of their condish was 100% oil free. When I first opened the Suave I loved the smell! Almost reminded me of the original Herbal Essence Shampoos but not as overwhelmingly floral, more on the clean side. I let some luke warm water run through my hair for a minute or two. Then I applied this to my scalp just like I would with Wen. At first this felt so weird but I went with it. After I shaved my legs I splashed some water into my hands and began massaging my roots to try and work a lather into my scalp and ran the rest through my ends. I couldn't believe it, it actually felt like it was frothing up, almost like it turned into a mousse texture! I could tell something was happening. There are no silicones or sulfates in this, just some surfactants gentle enough to clean without shattering the cuticle. I let it sit for another few minutes and then rinsed. I was able to easily comb through with a wide tooth comb and then dried with a t-shirt to prevent breakage and then went to bed. I looked in the mirror the next morning and couldn't believe it: My hair had volume at the roots. It was shiny and volumized all at once. My hair looked like it posessed natural body - I didn't need a blow dry to get this affect. I also noted that my hair still had some scent lingering through it. I will definately repurchase! I also couldn't believe how many compliments I got on my hair when I arrived at work the next morning. My split ends had disappeared and people had noted the increased volume and wanted to know what I had done. This single handed-ly turned me into a co-washer at 1.00 - so if you are new to cowashing try this before wasting your money on more expensive gimmicky products! update: day two after washing and my hair still feels clean and volumized so you don't have to clean every day.

on 10/20/2013 5:41:00 PM

Stuff freaking rocks. Like the packaging, like the fragrance, like the product. Use for CO shampooing with a dollop of shampoo for a pinch more cleansing. Blondes (am "bottle" blonde) have to have clean hair, otherwise highlights look dull. Brunettes can get away with a little dirtier hair for that reason. Make sure you follow up with a good conditioner. Price is great, and who the hell needs WEN that costs $$$, they tell you 8 pumps or more of product. Ridiculous, unless you got money to burn.

on 7/16/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG conditioner! OMG! Wow- I am shocked. I've spent big $ on salon brands like Redken, Rusk, Wella, Biomatrix, etc and none of them do what this conditioner does! This formula/brand is the super underdog in the world of conditioners. If you have super fine wavy/straight/curly hair that gets easily weighed down by silicones, oils, etc. in a conditioner, but you want bouncy, shiny, conditioned (but not weighed-down) hair ---- THIS IS the conditioner to get! Super dirt cheap - less than $1.50 at Walmart and the like. I dab this in my wet hair, leave in about 1-2 min and rinse out to get silky tange-free hair; i air-dry my hair and it's never looked better - Not that "dirty" heavy feeling, just shiny and soft!! I'm going out today to stock up on more.

I picked this up at Target the other day. I CO-wash and gave it a try yesterday. My hair was nice and soft, my waves look great, BUT...my scalp itches like crazy and my scalp never itches after CO-washing. I will be using this conditioner for shaving from now on.

on 6/1/2011 6:43:00 PM

I have been using panteen pro-v for about a year now. I loved that stuff at first. I made a big difference on my crazy dry frizzy hair. Slowly but surely my hair started to loose its curl and volume. I started getting what looked like dandruff (product build up) and my forehead was getting pimples and was red and itchy and sore. I read about how that product can build up and how using a clarifying shampoo and conditioner can help remove the build up. I wa skeptical that this wacky problem. It seemed too easy. I tried this and the shampoo and even in the shower I could feel the difference. My hair felt so clean. I didn't know how much the other product had built up. I got out of the tub and noticed my curl was back immediately. My curl pattern in ugly, but it heat styles well.. Anyway, this product got rid of the flakey itchy sore scalp and broken out forehead. It is wondeful for that. But if you are like me, you will have to use some deep conditioners to keep from having fried looking hair. I was just cursed with a fuzz ball on top of my head. Ha! But this and the shampoo are worth every penny. I plan to alternate between this and panteen pro-v for my hair type. Thank you suave for the wonderful product. It smells pretty good, too!