Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.5

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Because of my oily lids, watery eyes, and propensity to cry whenever something is the slightest bit touching, I always wear waterproof mascara. This one doesn't budge, but although it does give me the natural, defined look I prefer, I find its application too much of a hassle for the rather dear price.

PROS
- Stays put all day, even when I cry! (I typically don't wear mascara on my lower lashes, so that probably helps.)
- When carefully applied, gives my naturally long, fairly full lashes exactly the subtle drama I want.
- Not too harsh a black for my fair coloring.
- Seems to hold curl well, although I admit that isn't something I have to be too concerned about.
- Dries fairly quickly.
- No flaking.

CONS
- Expensive.
- Clumpy and sticky right out of the tube. I always have to wipe off extra product on a tissue before applying. Every time I skip that step I regret it! Time-consuming and wasteful.
- I find the wand a little tricky to maneuver at the inner corner of my eyes. Often I wind up having to clean up my eyelid afterward.

This mascara's lasting power does make it difficult to remove. I've found that Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover does the job thoroughly, as long as I'm patient. Lancome's Bi-Facil is even better.

I decided to test out this mascara thinking it would be good for everyday use. It holds a curl very well, I have to give the mascara that much. In terms of length and volume, this did nothing besides darken my lashes a bit. It was clumpy and was tricky to work with. I do like how it's a drier formula but that's about it. Very disappointed especially for the price point. I will be exchanging this for something else.

This mascara works well the first few times. It makes your lashes look beautiful however after 5+ uses, I notice the formula gets a little dry and also gets clumpy and especially flakey. It definitely is waterproof as I've worn it through numerous hot yoga classes but I notice the flakiness that falls on my cheeks and at times in my eyes. Not very fun since I'm a contact lenses wearer.

This is the best mascara on the market for those of us with poker straight, thick lashes. We have unique problems. Once my lashes are curled I need to apply a waterproof formula mascara in order for the curl to stay. And not all waterproof mascaras are formulated the same way. I've purchased some WPF mascaras that, while they may be waterproof, don't hold the curl. This mascara does it all. My curl stays in my lashes until I remove this mascara and NONE of this mascara deposits under my eye - NONE. I can't always afford to purchase this mascara and sometimes settle with great lash waterproof mascara but it just isn't the same. I try to purchase this mascara when there is a bonus on which Lancme often features. I remove this mascara with Lancme's Bi-Facils Double Action eye makeup remover which I ALWAYS have on hand because it removes makeup like a dream and there is no tugging or rubbing involved on my eye area. (But that's another review. ). All in all, I can say that this mascara is the Cadillac of mascaras for me and my needs.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this mascara because I was going on a beach vacation and figured that I needed a waterproof mascara. This stuff is truly awful and I'll never buy it again. It is so dry the first tube I bougt I returned and got another one but the new tube is just as bad. I'm thinking it's the product. It's hard to apply because it's so dry and actually hurts my lashes when I apply. It's not lengthening at all, it just makes my lashes darker but so brittle! It's horrible. The stuff is also impossible to get off at the end of the day. Eye makeup remover for waterproof makeup doesn't even seem to work. I have to use so much remover to get this mascara off my lashes!

The only good thing about this product is that it is waterproof and heatproof. It won't come off.

I feel like I wasted my money with this one.

Well,Lancome Definicils is new my HG waterproof mascara. It was Marathon Mascara by Cover Girl. They discontinued it some time ago. For awhile, I bought this (usually $4.99 tube) mascara on eBay for about $15 a tube. I was willing to spend that much as Marathon HAD been (now a HAS BEEN) the only utterly waterproof, bombproof mascara I had EVER tried.

But then the greedy eBayers started charging $30 a tube for this $4.99 a tube product. That placed it ABOVE the cost of Lancome Definicils, which my daughter had highly recommended.

So, I bought Definicils and am I ever WOWED! This truely trumps Marathon, no racoon eyes even after hours at work, on my feet, in an establishment with NO air conditioning, in 90+ degrees....HEAVY sweating but NO mascara running.

No mascara run after swimming. None after working out. Didn't even come off in the shower. No mascara run even when my allergies started acting up, my eyes were tearing and even when I rubbed at my itching/tearing eyes with a tissue. Does come off with a little olive oil on a cotton ball or pad.

I was surprised that the straight wand added so much volume and depth to my lashes. But it does and I haven't had any clumping in the month that I've been using this.

Definicils waterproof is my new HG mascara. I highly recommend this for TRUE waterproof mascara users.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this. It holds really well and you don't have to worry about smudging color in the rain or on a hot day. It doesn't make your eyelashes look too long. My eyelashes looked nice and thick and the color of black in this mascara brought out the green tones of my eyes!!! The only negative is that because it is rather strong, your eyelashes can actually break apart when you accidently rub your eyes. Also, it sometimes makes your eyelashes look kind of "dried-up". The application is really easy because the brush isn't too wide :) I would definitely recommend this!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

it is true that this has great staying power but is hard to get off even with BIfacil. and you don't really need a waterproof version of definicils as i find the original non waterproof one has all the staying power you will need unless you are going to be swimming all day. even then i'm not sure you need anything more than the non waterproof definicils. It feels heavy on my lashes and clumps more than the original. I also think it caused me to loose some of my lashes because the formula was so harsh.
I think I'll stick to my regualr definicils

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well I had to recant; I did just buy this again. And I have to shout Amen! This is the mascara that has held up to whatever I have made it go through and has made the cut for my son's wedding. I have grilled in it it, fried in it, swam, sweated, cried and it has held my curl and has not flaked or smudged for all day wear. Cannot ask for more. I had to suck a lot of lemons to get to this stage and have bought a lot of mascaras.

The brush however is super scratchy. Like the rollers my mother made me wear--you know the ones if you're sporting a few years: black wires with bristles, scratchy, painful to sleep in--it's why most of our mothers were crabby because they had to sleep sitting up. I digress but you get the picture about the brush on this mascara. I think Lancome took the spoolie from their eyebrow pencil and stuck it on this mascara wand. It does grab all of my lashes but there is not one ounce of plush in sight and I am super scared of poking myself because I could genuinely put my eye out. But no one said there wasn't pain in beauty.

This almost would've been my HG mascara if I hadn't given Hypnose a try. But this mascara rocked, it really defined my lashes and blackened them nicely. It started to flake a little and I think it irritated my contact lenses, but maybe because it was a waterproof formula. It's great.