Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

2.8

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pros:
- love the container
- very defining
- natural looking
- lengthening
- no smudging at all
- not too hard to remove if you wear thin coats

Cons:
- it's $35 (tax inc) at Sephora...I can definitely find a better mascara for less
- it only comes in black and the black looks like dark grey :/
- not 100% waterproof, but 95% waterproof
- hard to remove if you let it dry and reapply (my sister took 15 minutes to wash it off and 4 lashes fell off)

Pros
- Gives some length and volume
- good staying power
- little to no flaking

Cons
- clumps like CRAZY
- the cap of the mascara never fully screws back on.

The clumping itself is what would make me steer clear of this mascara. I do not want clumpy, fake looking eyelashes.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Pro's:
+Stays on a very long time; no doubt that it's waterproof
+Lengthens lashes somewhat, when used with an eyelash curler
+The black is very black, which is a good thing for me

Con's:
-Clumps like crazy and makes my lashes stick together!
-Very hard to take off, even with a waterproof makeup remover
-About 2-3x the price of most other mascara I've tried

I wouldn't recommend this, and am probably not buying it again. It clumps way way way too much and is simply a hassle to apply and remove.

I hope you found my review useful. :)

-Alice (Reaper)
continued >>

Overall, this was a pretty average mascara. The only reason I'm giving it such a high rating is that, compared to all the other mascaras I have used (Diorshow, Max Factor, Maybelline, YSL) this one doesn't smudge nearly as much.

My sweetheart of an Aunt got me this- and I was SO excited. But to be honest, it was SO waterproof that it hurt my eyelashes to take off. I will definately stick to L'oreal mascara for day-to-day use, but I think this will be good to keep for summer months when I'm swimming in a lake or something.

This does amazing lengthening like I've only seen before with Amplicils. And it does seem to define each lash. Unfortunately it can make your eyes look odd sometimes. After using a curler this mascara would make my lashes stick straight up.