MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.7

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I just repurchased New York Apple lipstick and decided that I always want to have this shade in my collection. It's a must have for pale skin tones and what I swipe on when I need to look brighter and more rested. I don't typically gravitate towards frosted lip colors, but NYA doesn't translate super frosty on my lips. It "lifts" my complexion and just makes me look and feel happier and more put together. NC15 for reference.

on 1/21/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite red lipstick is long discontinued: Revlon Velvet Touch Moonlit Wine. That red was a combo of slightly sheer muted plummy red lipstick with lots of gold shimmer to warm it up. The balance of warm and cool makes it perfect for me.
New York Apple is not a dupe. It is a lighter brighter red, with somewhat cooler shimmer, not much gold, but it is as close as i have found so far. It looks nothing like the single sample swatch at the head of this article. It really does look like the photo of the actual lipstick included among the photos.
I don't like bright red lipstick, not on me, and frankly, not on most of the celebs who have been wearing it the past few seasons. New York Apple lets me wear red without feeling as if i look like a clown.

on 6/24/2009 8:40:00 PM

I'm MAC N5/ID Bare Minerals foundation in Medium-beige usually (or ID Fairly-light in the winter). This lipstick is the perfect red colour - blue undertones make your teeth look whiter and overall a really healthy look. Can use a light wash of colour like a lipstain for more subtle or go all out for a night out. But this color is so great you can esily wear it during the day and it not look too full-on. Perfect true raspberry/rose colour that would look good on almost anyone I think. If you think you can't wear red lips, try this. Don't be put off by the 'frost' - it looks much more frosty in the tube that on lips, on lips it gives enough shimmer to make your lips look fuller, not glittery. Plus it makes your complexion look really healthy. I would say this is def an all time one of my faves. With prep (liner etc) this wears really well. Like all reds, cover any little red imperfections on your face - but unlike many other reds, you can get away with not being too fussy with that, which has only got to be a good thing. Great value in my opinion and a very wearable red. You wojn't feel self-conscious in this even if you don't usually do reds.

This is a beautiful metallic red. It's a Frost, so it's not as long lasting as the mattes and satins, but I don't mind reapplying because the color is totally worth it. I would repurchase this one.

on 6/15/2007 6:28:00 PM

This is one of my favorites! It is a beautiful red with some pink tones in it, and it's a frost. It looks wonderful as a play-down red, and looks FANTASTIC with a red gloss overtop.
It is my absolute favorite, and best of all, it's not drying!

This is the third red lipstick I've bought from Mac which has utterly knocked my socks off - they've all been very different, and beautiful beyond belief.

New York Apple I would describe as a versatile, warm, cheerful red; the hue's fairly muted but complex, with hints of copper and pink worked through it, in almost a duochrome effect - the resultant overall shade made me think of the toffee on a *candy* apple - very warm and flattering and I imagine would suit practically everyone without being too full-on, even "red lipstick virgins".

On top of this, you've got the Mac Frost lipstick formulation, which means lots and LOTS of glitter... I find Mac Frosts vary from lippie to lippie (some are very drying while others have a smoother creamier formulation, and the glitter particle size varies a lot), and in the case in New York Apple the lipstick's smooth and fairly creamy for a Frost, plus the glitter is subtle and very finely milled..... the finish reminded me of a metallic car paint, very classy indeed and not too OTT "glitterbomb" at all.

Really pleased with this and it has quickly become a mainstay of my collection. New York Apple's a real chameleon of a lipstick too, being glam enough for evening wear, but not too OTT to pair with a neutral eye and a suit for a daywear "work" look. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am an NW20 redhead, and I thought I'd never be able to pull off red lipstick. I bought this lippie, and it for the most part proved me wrong! I have pink pigmented lips, so I find that after a few minutes that it turns more pink and less red on me, but I love it for everyday wear. Nice and moisturizing for my super dry lips too!

on 10/22/2005 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh, I found my HG red lipstick. I am a PPP with golden blonde hair and green eyes. When I pair this lipstick with a soft eye (beiges) boy do i get the looks!! Its like a secret weapon!! For you pale girls out there who shy away from reds- try this!!! I hope MAC NEVER discontinues it!!

on 1/19/2003 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty rosey red color that's a bit more rose than red.

on 7/13/2001 2:11:00 PM

I have always lusted for red lipstick, a sexy crimson pout. But alas, with my thin lips it was not to be. I always end up looking like a little girl trying on her mothers lipstick. Well not so since I discover New York Apple, my red lipstick. Its such a great shimmery shade I can finally wear red. It can be dressed up or down depending on the lip liner. I will buy this again.