MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.5

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I just repurchased New York Apple lipstick and decided that I always want to have this shade in my collection. It's a must have for pale skin tones and what I swipe on when I need to look brighter and more rested. I don't typically gravitate towards frosted lip colors, but NYA doesn't translate super frosty on my lips. It "lifts" my complexion and just makes me look and feel happier and more put together. NC15 for reference.

on 12/6/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few frosts that I like. It's a beautiful red that works well with muted, cool colours (Soft Summer). Paired with a dark, muted teal sweater, it's to die for. The catch is that it looks best when I conceal the red around my lips.

It works nicely as a red blush too.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I bought this because I was looking for a lipstick that was red-toned but not an actual red. I wanted something more suited for everyday wear. Wow is this ever a lovely colour! It's a pinky reddish colour that looks GORGEOUS on! And pale girls - don't be afraid to try this one! It brightens up my ivory skin without looking overpowering or too theatrical. It almost looks luminescent. I got 3 compliments within half an hour of wearing this colour! When you want a bright colour but not crazy bold red, this is your go to colour. It does wear off kind of fast, but it doesn't bother me considering the beautiful, unique colour. Another great colour courtesy of MAC.

This is the second MAC lipstick I've tried, and I'm in love. This color is incredible, the finish is absolutely NOT a traditional "frost," and this has a very comfortable weight. Best of all - no bleeding. I can't believe I'm only discovering this now.

on 12/13/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this one. It's a very pretty color that shows up quite bright. My problem is that it fades fast, which is unlike other MAC frost lipsticks that generally last all day. It leaves a hideous pink ring around my lips when it fades. Gunna send it back!

on 10/10/2011 11:25:00 AM

This lipstick is awesome and perfect when I'm in the mood to wear a bright lip, but don't want anything to bold. On my fair complexion it shows up as a rosy red with soft pink shimmer. Looks fantastic paired with a neutral eye and pink blush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first "frost" lipstick I've ever bought from MAC and I have to say that I am delighted with it. MAC seems to have mastered making frosted products (for eyes, cheeks and lips) that are not garish or glaring; rather the frost just imparts a softness and light to the product so that even more "mature" women like me can achieve a flattering look with these products.

New York Apple is a very pretty, very wearable pinkish red. It's not a difficult red to wear (not like Ruby Woo or some of MAC's other very bright or very dark reds). The frost seems to add a lightness to it that further keeps it looking too dark or extreme. This lipstick also seems to wear and last very well. I just got this the other day and I've worn it non-stop since. My husband, who doesn't like vampy red lips (and will comment if he thinks I'm wearing a red lipstick that is too harsh looking) commented on how pretty and refreshed I look when I came in wearing this (nice guy, no?). I know corals and orange shades are big for spring this year but speaking as someone who has never liked those shades and doesn't look good in them, New York Apple is a GREAT shade for springtime because it does look so bright and fresh!
UPDATE: Now that autumn is here, this continues to be a fantastic lipstick shade for this time of year. New York Apple is a total winner!

on 1/21/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite red lipstick is long discontinued: Revlon Velvet Touch Moonlit Wine. That red was a combo of slightly sheer muted plummy red lipstick with lots of gold shimmer to warm it up. The balance of warm and cool makes it perfect for me.
New York Apple is not a dupe. It is a lighter brighter red, with somewhat cooler shimmer, not much gold, but it is as close as i have found so far. It looks nothing like the single sample swatch at the head of this article. It really does look like the photo of the actual lipstick included among the photos.
I don't like bright red lipstick, not on me, and frankly, not on most of the celebs who have been wearing it the past few seasons. New York Apple lets me wear red without feeling as if i look like a clown.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

LOVE this. This makes my whole face pop and perk up. I get compliments on it all the time, too. It isn't fire engine red or brick red so it is safe for those who are not necessarily ready to go the full red. It has a great consistency and lasts. Very pretty.

I'm normally quite wary of red lipsticks because of my cool undertones. Most lipsticks just emphasize how red my face is. However, I found that this lipstick really complemented my skin tone. It's definitely a more raspberry-red color with a shimmery, almost metallic looking finish. It wasn't overbearing for my pale skin and it could be used in a neutral day look! Not vampy at all :)