MAC Lady Danger

MAC Lady Danger

4.5

I like Lady Danger, and I am by no means a bright or red lip girl. I am NC20-25 with dark hair and eyes, and Lady Danger really "pops" on my coloring. It is a bright (and I mean *bright*) orangey-red (pulls very orange on my lips) -- giving a very retro feel. It doesn't make my teeth look yellow, and I don't have the whitest teeth.

The lasting power is good, and for a matte, it doesn't dry out my lips. I used straight from the bullet, no liner, and it did not bleed or change color through the day. I can see why Lady Danger is one of MAC's iconic shades, and am glad that I decided to try it.

on 12/4/2016 4:25:00 PM

Pros:
-A very chic and stylish alternative when it comes to red lipsticks. If you want to stand out of the crowd of contemporary shades of reds lipsticks, then this might be for you.
- I'd say that it goes with all the skin tones but there is no deny that it flatters mostly medium to darker ladies. And that's the reason why it's ideal for summer. Fair skinned gals will look like old Hollywood vixens
- Long-lasting, creamy texture, opaque finish

Cons
-if you have yellow teeth then think twice before you buy it as you might opt for lipsticks with blue undertones

This is pretty much an A+ lipstick. If you're looking for a very bright orange-red, intense coral matte shade, this is the one. The search is over because it doesn't get much better than this. Matte, yet smooth as butter, very pigmented, incredibly long wearing, zero feathering, even application, and the perfect shade of bright orange red. Pair it with MAC Redd lipliner (also an orange-red) and you're set.

on 8/11/2016 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my to go to lipstick as of now. I'll just dab a little bit of this on my lips with lip balm for my everyday look. And i'll swipe it on my lips if i'm having a night out. I love the scent of this lipstick & i am also using this as my blush. Really really love this!

on 2/15/2016 8:37:00 PM

This is such a bright color it is more orange on me than red but I like that it is one of the prettiest colors by mac and I have yet to find a dupe it is unmatched and so unique in its shade and brightness I absolutely love this color I cannot wear ruby woo because something about that color ages my face so I'll stick with Lady Danger.

on 2/9/2016 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lady Danger is not for the weak: it's a daring alternative for your typical reds. It's really in your face but I love it! However, this didn't look good on me when I had honey blonde hair (I have medium-olive skin). But now that I'm back to the darkest brown colour, it looks BOMB. It's very pigmented and even though it's quite orange, it doesn't make your teeth look yellow. Great for a night out, but also if you're feeling sassy during the day. Would absolutely repurchase.

This has to be my overall favorite lipstick from MAC. It is so vivid and beautiful. The texture and the color is just perfect. Perfect opacity, perfect staying power, just everything. It's a very bright orange toned red. I'm light skinned with a neutral undertone and I can definitely pull this off. I've seen a lot of people wear it and look great. It makes my eyes sparkle every time I wear it, and even though my eyes are more brown than green, my eyes look hazel when I wear this color. Oh, how i love it.

Lady Danger is one of the best red lipsticks I have ever tried. It is warm toned and very bright - you will turn heads wearing this colour! It has a matte finish, though I do not find it to be very drying like Ruby Woo is. It is exceptionally long lasting, it can survive eating and drinking without smudging or needing to be touched up. The colour is very flattering for my NC20 skin. I always shied away from warm-toned reds but I am so happy I took a chance on Lady Danger. This is perhaps my favourite red lipstick. It's a confidence inducing colour that really brightens up your face. It applies smoothly and opaquely which is very nice and it comfortable to wear. It doesn't sink into liplines not make the lips dry out and flake. If you a looking for a bright red to boost your confidence you cannot go past Lady Danger. Well worth the money, if you only get one Mac red, get this one!

on 8/13/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far one of my favorite lipsticks and the first Mac lipstick I ever bought. It looks so lovely on me it has a slight orange/coral tone to it and is very pigmented. It applies really well with a true matte red finish. The only downside is as with a lot of lipsticks it can cling to the dry parts of the lips but a good lip balm should sort that out.

In my experience I don't think it lasts super long on me (a few hours but not a whole day) whereas other people rave about it's staying power on them. Maybe that is just the way my lips are but I don't mind reapplying.

Pros:-
- The colour is exceptionally pretty. Slightly different from a brick-red but not too orange. I'd describe it as a 'tomato red'.
- The texture, consistency, application is amazing.
-The iconic Mac lipstick scent is lovely.
-The packaging is very sleek. Good amount of product in the tube; doesn't dry up.
-Goes well with my fair skin/red hair. But I can see this colour suiting a lot of people.
-Love it!

Cons:-
-It is quite pricey (but all Mac is).
-Can smudge slightly out the lines without a lip liner and it's a good idea to blend in some concealer around the lip line to clean up.
-The matte finish can make lips look drier if they are already very dry.
-Not vegan/cruelty free (I believe).

on 8/10/2015 12:27:00 AM

Recently, I saw some Venezueluen girls dancing at a cultural latin fest & rocking this color and i fell in love with it. Its an orange based red which suits tanned girls but also gives that pop of color if your`re fair. Its a nice summer red shade. I wore this to a Grand Prix, just to experiment if i get heads to turn. It worked!!! Got plenty of attention. I was soaked in the sun the whole day watching the race yet it instantly brightened my entire face .. it sorta 'lights up' my face. The red is sooooo bright! Almost florescent like fire- orange. Works great with a tan.

Caution: This color is not for the faint hearted!!!
Downside: Matte colors can be drying, use a lip balm first.(Altho' it defeats the matte effect!) yikes...
Pricing:Plenty of drugstore dupes but if you have the money, splurge! Nothing beats a good Mac pick -me -up lippie

If you`re on summer vacation, this is your go- to shade. Think tropical beach cabanas, beach parties, seashore bbq at nites, walking by the sea side, sunset stroll... oh yes ... this shade reminds me of summer flings!!!! ;)

Revlon's Audacious is a good dupe altho the finish is different.