Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.3

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this facial cleanser for my acne-prone, dehydrated skin. It's a no-nonsense cleanser that doesn't aggravate my skin. Rinses off easily. I buy two of the large bottles at a time, one for my bathroom counter and one for the shower. Seems expensive for a drugstore product, but when you compare it to the higher-end cleansers that are full of fragrance and other nonsense, this is a really good deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask for YEARS, and that product still gets high reviews from me. But after being diagnosed with rosacea, I had to re-think my skin care, and I had to face facts that while that product helped me MOST of the time, it did more harm than good other times (I still use it as a mask when I need a 'deeper' clean).
After searching (and searching and searching) for a perfect cleaner... Purpose was it. I hate that it contains sulfates, but I have to just suck it up. It is VERY gentle (I have the type of skin that is VERY easily irritated, even in my 30's, and I CANNOT, under any circumstances, use anything 'scrubby' or exfoliating in nature). And this seems to really get my whole face (eye makeup included) completley clean without drying it at all (for the record, my skin in very oily with random dry patches). I just find it super gentle, and my skin agrees. I get the HUGE size on drugstore.com for a very reasonable price ($9 for 12 oz) and it takes me months to get through. A little goes a very long way. I also use it on my chest and neck as it's not harsh and perfect for delicate skin. I do wish however, it was easier to travel with (I have yet to fly somewhere and NOT have it explode in my suitcase; thank goodness for plastic bags!).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

YES. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to finally get something that is helping me heal. Have had such a terrible bout of severe cheek acne (hormonal... due to Loestrin... grr) and everything that I used just exacerbated and dried out my skin even more... thats never good. This is gentle enough, lathers so well, and feels clean without having that tight feeling. I'm happy and will be repurchasing. I'd recommend a very light cleanser to dry and acne prone skin types like mine.

Also, I do not use this cleanser to take my makeup off. I take it off before I cleanse.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that the pH of this cleanser is 6.5 - 7, that of water. Thats what they mean by "gentle as water."

on 4/24/2013 4:05:00 PM

Just got it and its already clearing up my face! I am very impressed!!! It's foams nicely its cheap no draw backs:)

on 2/6/2012 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really enjoy this cleanser. It cleans my face, unclogs my pores and makes my face really smooth. :) I gave it a 4 becaaaause it doesn't take my make-up off that well. Of course, I'm not sure a cleanser should take off make-up. I think it should! Anyways, I love this and it lathers super well on my face with lots of water. :D Repurchasing!

My girls use this and got me going on it too. I was at my witts end wiith products that would really make my combo skin all the more oily at the end of the day. Not with this product and I think its because it's not soap. It seemed the more drying the soap, the more my skin dumped out the oil. This product doesn't dry out my skin nor make it feel strpped like most soaps I was using. I can honestly say this is the best cleanser I have ever used, and boy, have I used alot! I am a repeat purchaser of this product to begin with, but even more so now.

on 11/4/2011 10:58:00 PM

Target was out of my Cetaphil sensitive skin face wash...so I opted for this. In addition to the Cetaphil my doctor recommended Purpose as well. Purpose is by the far the most gentle face wash that I have ever used. I love that despite it's gentleness it deters my face from becoming a grease-fest by the end of the day while preventing dryness. While my skin can still be prone to the occasional blemish or plug I feel like it's finally reached a consistency that I can deal with. Sorry Cetaphil, I'll be switching over to Purpose for now!

on 3/26/2011 6:27:00 PM

From Lancome, MAC, Neutrogena, this is hands down the best makeup remover I've ever used. First, I lightly rub water on my fully made up face, then lather this cleanser on and all my makeup comes off effortlessly with no oily feeling or irritation. This cleanser is only $5 at Target and lasts for at least 4 months with everyday usage. I'm on my 4th bottle already and I will always repurchase!

This is the only cleanser that has washed away all my makeup and kept my skin almost acne-free minus the occasional beasts that like to pop up. I use this with sensitive stridex pads and my skin has never been this clear with any other product. The stidex toner keeps my acne at bay and when i use the pads it doesn't show any makeup so it means all my makeup was taken off with the cleanser. I would deffinately buy this again!

on 12/7/2010 10:59:00 PM

AMAZING PRODUCT! I've struggled with mild acne for about 10 years (ages 14-24). I finally went to the dermatologist when my acne became severe. He put me on antibiotics as well as topical creams. He also recommended PURPOSE cleanser. WOW! What a great product. Even though my acne disappeared due to the medicines and creams, this is the FIRST cleaner to ever make my skin feel calm and soft. If you're familiar with acne treatments, they are incredibly drying. However this product made my skin baby soft, smooth and glowing! I wake up feeling like a million bucks!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products