Lanvin Arpege

Lanvin Arpege

4.1

Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 39-C) - Parfum (Fragrance) - Aqua (Water) - Linalool - Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone - Coumarin - Cetronellol - Hydroxycitronellal - Limonene - Benzyl Benzoate - Geraniol - Butylphenyl Methylpropional - Cinnamyl Alcohol - Eugenol - Benzyl Alcohol - Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde - Benzyl Salicylate - Farnesol - Citral - Isoeugenol - Cinnamal

Beautiful bottle, beautiful scent. It’s matronly. Very French chic but no. 5 just as elegant. Now it’s been cheapened up in price I’ve never had the pleasure of sniffing 1 that’s vintage. I got this from the Vermont country store catalogue. I really, really like it. I will be wearing it a lot when I’m not wearing my new HG Joy Jean Patou also from VT country store =]

on 5/5/2017 1:53:00 AM

This is the original Arpege scent and, in my opinion, the most romantic in the world. Hard to find at times, but well worth it. If you try the Eclat version, just know that it is not 'the' Arpege.

I remember my mom wearing this as a child. I also remeber the slogan promise her anything, but give her Arpege. My mom got this in the 70's and I remember smelling this in the 80's and it's always reminded me of good things and my mother. So I decieded to get a bottle for myself and her. I really enjoy this fragrence on me it dries down to a lovely floral with something more to it. The jasmine is something I can definitely smell. I like scents like patchouli and I also like florals and to me this is exactly what those 2 together would smell like. On me there is a powdery ness to the floral but it's really nice.

I love just smelling it! Even before the dry down I enjoy the scent it's strong, woodsy, and just nostalgic to me. I love the bottle and since the reformulation I have read on a lot of blogs that Arpege does not age well. So if you find a vintage bottle and you don't like it wait for the top notes to disapate because it might smell amazing after. I have smelled the vintage and this reformulation and it's still Arpege to me. It still has that something that always draws me to this scent. It's complex yet wonderful in so many ways. This is my Fall/Winter scent without a doubt. Recommended!

on 11/16/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I believe that my bottle is an older reformulation, but I am not sure if it is post 1993 reformulation. Apparently post 1993 arpege was considered to be similar to Chanel 5, but warmer. I find that both Arpege and chanel 5 vintage edc are sharp aldehydic floral fragrances on me (perhaps skin chemistry is the issue). I prefer Guerlains treatment of Aldehydes (I love Chamade extrait), but I have not tried the Guerlain counterpart to arpege which I think would be Vega.

Two stars for fragrances that I believe are meritorious but not to my taste. Please note though that aldehydic florals are not my favored category: I generally wouldn't choose any of them, even ones like Amouage Gold or EL vintage beautiful, which I think are very different (more effervescent, more floral) than Arpege (darker, woodier, more an abstract rendition of floral).

on 10/25/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Lanvin Arpege Eau de Parfum

Price: $30 for 50 mL ($60/100 mL) at Chemist Warehouse.

Longevity: This stays on your skin forever. Like I can sleep with it on and wake up and smell it. I can spray it on the morning and still smell traces of it in the evening.

This is the first fragrance I have ever had. I wanted something cheap but classic as well. It smells expensive, strong and mostly like jasmine but warm still as well.

on 10/24/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Oh how I'll sing the praises of this fragrance.

All the sumptuous quality of a Louise Brooks black and white.

It lasts and lasts, and has both a classic character to it, as well as tropical and pretty.

A noble beauty in black.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Happy with it

on 8/9/2013 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I usually love aldehydes, #5, le dix, L'Aimant but this one is too indolic for me too wear.

I just picked up a bottle of Arpege at an estate sale. My plans were to sell it, but I don't think I can part with it. It's not really vintage, perhaps ten years old, but it is absolutely beautiful. It almost made me cry it is so beautiful. Why, do you ask? I have hundreds of samples and I smell all the new releases. This Arpege smells of another time when perfumes were rich and complex and had wonderful character. It is strong at first, then settles comfortably and elegantly on my skin like it belongs there. I could wear this anywhere and with anything and feel fabulous. Not grand standing fabulous, just classy and comfortable in my skin fabulous.

You young ones tread carefully with Arpege. You may have to earn her or you may think she is to "much" for you. That's okay, you will eventually want a real perfume and then you will know, yes you will know.

This perfume has definitely been reformulated, it's so toned down from what I remember as a kid. My mother had the original and I recollect Arpege had more of a bite in the opening notes than it does now, sort of like Chantilly perfume. Lanvin Arpege and My Sin were one of the first high end brand perfumes I experienced as a kid, my mom had these little bottles around and I would play with them all the time and wear Arpege to bed! lol ... That's how I recognize the change in it, the new one is similar but a lot softer and much more wearable as another reviewer had mentioned. Brings back memories :))

Popular Fragrances