Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Creme

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Creme

3.3

Aqua (water), Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Distrach Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cucumis Sativus, Panax Ginseng, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Alumina Propylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Silica, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydratoin.

on 4/19/2011 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another product I'm really happy with lately. Prior to purchasing this eye-cream, my eye area was incredibly dry and sensitive, my cleanser getting anywhere near it would cause it to sting. I got this eye-cream only hoping to moisturize it- and that is exactly what I got!

It definitely does nothing for shadows around your eye area, but it is perfect for moisturizing!

on 3/9/2011 6:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This eye cream could be better, I've used this for a few weeks now and I haven't seen much of a difference. My dark circles aren't overly dark and I have a little bit of puffiness and I was hoping this would do the trick to "control" the issues. But nope.. It's still the same.
However it is a really good moisturiser, it's very light and absorbs really quickly and I don't think there's a scent to the cream either. When applied, the eye area feels very smooth and soft. A little goes a long way!
Would I buy this again? Probably not.. Or only as a regular moisturising eye cream

on 4/24/2010 12:13:00 AM

This product is great for young skin. I've only started using eye cream recently and so far this has been my favourite. I don't have any major issues in the eye area so I can only comment on its effectiveness as a moisturizer. It is a light cream that absorbs quickly, and doesn't look greasy at all. It works great under makeup and it keeps my eye area well hydrated. You can often find it on sale so it's a great buy. I don't know that this cream would be beneficial for more mature skin as it's quite light and has no special ingredients, but it works well for me!

on 8/25/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know about the anti-shadow claim, but I like this cream because it's nice and light, makes my eyes feel great, and doesn't have a strong scent. I'm done my tub now, but I may go back to it in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok, firstly, I have tried many eye creams over the years (HE and LE) and have come to the conclusion that the only effective treatment for dark circles is 1) drink plenty of water and 2) get enough sleep. The only cosmetic product that has made any difference has been concealer.

So with that in mind, I didn't buy this to treat dark circles but as a basic, light eye cream and it's met my needs well. Lovely light texture, moisturises effectively, absorbs rapidly. I've been using this am and pm for about 10 days and so far no noticeable improvement in dark circles at all. However - no irritation, it's light enough not to cause any puffiness when used overnight, and mu sits well on it during the day. It's a good, basic and light-textured eye cream. IMO it certainly won't do you any harm, but it won't work miracles either.

I'd buy this again, but not for treating dark circles. For that, water and early nights!

on 2/7/2008 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this eye cream a week ago and so far i really love applying it on. i was abit wary at first because I hated the other nivea eye cream(Q10) which was too slimy but not moisturizing enough...but this one hydrates my dry and tired eyes perfectly...i also tried olay's total effects eye cream and it was not at all as moisturizing as this one...love the texture of this eye cream, love how it glides on smoothly and sinks in without a trace, love how it leaves my eyes feeling fresh and hydrated. i don't know if it actually does anything when it comes to removing undereye circles, but i actually bought this just for the moisturization properties, so i'm not worried about that aspect of it for now...will update.

UPDATE: So far this eye cream is perfect for me as far moisturizing goes...my dark circles have slightly improved but I suspect this is due to the fact that my under eyes are not as dehydrated as they were before, they are plumped up, smooth and healthy looking...I do not believe that any eye product alone will get rid off dark circles, especially if they're genetic (like mine), but it does help improve them by taking fish oil/flax seed oil supplements (great for the skin and general health overall), getting enough sleep, using a good moisturizer for the undereyes, and drinking LOTS of water, atleast 12 glasses a day (dehydration is gonna make your eyes look it's worst). I'm pleased with this product and will continue to use this until I start needing something stronger (ie. when i start getting fine lines).
PS. I would also like urge ladies who have a problem with dark undereyes along with an overall feeling of lethargy, dizziness and weakness to get checked for anemia (common among ladies, especially those with heavy periods, the pale and dark sunken eyes look could be a symptom), I am anaemic and had the most horrid eye bags and a face so pasty I could pass off as Wednesday Addam's long lost twin, I got tested at the GP and was prescribed iron tablets, and I'm looking and feeling alot healthier these days minus lethargy...do consult your GP first before taking iron supplements.

UPDATEx2/23 Feb2008: I'm still using this, and it's still an okay undereye moisturizer for me, I'm not using this exclusively anymore, I went back to my Loreal Eye Defense which is just as good at moisturizing BUT the reason why I prefer Loreal's Eye Defense over this is because Eye Defense had a weird but awesome side effect on me...it made my lashes grow (I always slather on eye cream all over my eye skin, above and under)!! I noticed it from before but never really paid much attention, I thought it was the light playing tricks on me, but now I'm actually seeing it! Weird!! Hah! In terms of moisturization both are equally light, comfortable and quick sinking, I use this in the morning and Loreal's Eye Defense at night.

i have been using this for 1 mth+ now. this is a good product for hydrating eye area n surprisingly, my dark circles seem to have diminished a little too. i put this in the fridge for a more cooling sensation.

btw, this moisturises eyelashes well too. daily application of mascara dried out my eyelashes n they kept dropping. so i rub a little of this onto my lashes everyday n now they're softer n more moisturised! they seem to have grown longer too! (or is it my imagination?) oh well (:

edit: minus off a lippie. my undereye areas dont sweat much. however, whenever i apply this eyecream, my undereye areas actually sweat when i perspire. leaves behind a dewy look under my eyes which im not exactly fond of.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A very basic eye cream, it does moisturize my skin around the eye area, but it does nothing on my dark circles. I put it in the fridge to give myself a refreshing feeling.
I will try another brand after I finished this jar.