Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

When I was 16 my best friend got me the original Miss Dior Cherrie for my birthday and I LOVED it. It became the perfume I wore constantly and I repurchased it multiple times, until I ran out and realized that it had been discontinued (which broke my heart a little). After reading reviews saying that Miss Dior was basically the same, I got that and it is quite similar. I'm not sure if it's because I've been wearing it so long that I can notice the difference, because everyone says that it smells the same, but it is slightly off.

Regardless, I still love it (and I don't think they'll be re-releasing the Miss Dior Cherrie anytime soon, so it will have to do). The packaging is the same and absolutely gorgeous! I find that the smell lasts longer than the original, which is a bonus. It's my go-to, everyday perfume and people tell me that it reminds them of me, so it has kind of become a staple. It's got a sophisticated scent, while remaining super fun and it just smells like happiness. I definitely think it's more of a spring/summer perfume but I wear year-round anyway. It is expensive, but I think perfume is one of those things you need to spend the money on so it's more of an investment in my opinion. (Also, it IS Dior, so a hefty price-tag is expected.) While I'd prefer Miss Dior Cherrie (I'll never get over it being discontinued), the new formulation is still fantastic and if I had to only choose one perfume to wear for the rest of my life - this would be it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This seems very weak. Not even sure what it is about it. I usually HATE patchouli but I don't sense it much even though its the main scent. I smell mostly musky with a hint of rose & orange. I really am not impressed at all.
It just seems to lack anything solid. I will go on to try the original if I can. It doesn't smell strong which is a plus to me but it seems to be more soft like a cologne or body spray?

This review is for the *new* Miss Dior that is part Miss Dior Cherie now. The first time I smelled Miss Dior I smelled the Eau Fraiche version and I hated it. It smelled very...old lady ish. Once I smelled the Eau de Parfum I fell in love. It does NOT smell old lady ish, instead it reminds me a bit of Black Amethyst from BBW, but also a bit Chanel like. Grown up, but not "mature". It makes me feel fancy. I know that sounds silly, but it makes me feel so grown up =) I bought the 1oz bottle for $70 which is pricey, but seeing as I already used up 1/4 in the last few weeks I see it was well worth it! I'm not a huge fan of the weird bow cap, but I will gladly put up with it. It smells lovely and I recommend that everyone go and try this new version of Miss Dior!

I used to wear the original Miss Dior approximately 30 years ago and I loved it. Purchased some recently and it is definitely not quite the same, wouldn't buy again. And don't get me started on the horrid "Cherie" version which is sickeningly sweet.

I wanted to like this, but it reminds me of something a grandmother would wear. I think you might be able to get away with it as a teenager (or a grandmother), but the sweet, floral, powdery notes don't have any seductive or professional connotations, and I think fragrances for young women should fall into one of those two camps. It also smells very "perfumey" and seems likely to induce a headache. I can understand why people like this, because it smells "nice," like a flower, but it's not for me. I do enjoy some floral fragrances like Coach Poppy, which has a more delicious and sophisticated edge.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A very classy sweet and slightly musky fragrance which I have always secretly loved - old but I like it.

Wearing the new EDT and how I do love Miss Dior. With notes of bergamot, aldehydes, clary sage, gardenia, galbanum, rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation, orris, patchouli, oakmoss, amber, vetiver, sandalwood, and leather, Miss Dior goes on with a fervent blast of hardy flower buds and their green, spicy stems and leaves. Within minutes, a cool, dry sage and white, abstract powderiness start to lift the fragrance into the realm of the starched, pale green tulle of couture petticotes.

The powderiness has nothing whatsoever to do with the sweet, pink smell of baby powder - such is the magic of aldehydes: this is the cloud of white pollen and fresh green vapor that lifts from the lilies of the valley on the floor of the enchanted forest of Midsummer Night's Dream in all its staid, English romanticism.

But it's also the abstract, structured and chic fragrance of impeccably groomed Parisian ladies of the era that Miss Dior was born in - just after WWII ended and some small amount of everyday luxury could be had again - with a breath of dry ballet shoe leather tossed in for good measure. It's a perfectly feminine fragrance that rests somewhere between regally aristocratic and playfully gamine. A deep and textural fragrance that's just addictively fascinating and refreshingly dry and green without ever going sharp or sour.

To me this is classic, inoffensive and very low-risk. I get mostly white flowers and a hint of soapiness, drying down to a very gentle slightly-soapy leather in about two hours. Nicely done but does not wow me. I might wear it as a daytime scent if I got it as a gift but I don't actually feel compelled to purchase it for myself.

Miss Dior is exceptional; it's very much a classic, with a cool leather chypre composition that ties it to another time, but it's also extremely contemporary, and can be worn easily and well by a young woman. I've noticed that many chypres and leather fragrances share this ageless quality - Gres Cabochard, Chanel's Cuir de Russie, and Tabac Blond have all been around for quite a while, but they also share a certain aura of strength, intelligence and poise, which prevents them from ever seeming "dated." In fact, I'd classify Miss Dior as Cabochard's demure, dressed-up sister. It opens with slightly sharp green top notes, predominated by sage; I like this part quite a bit, but can see why it's off-putting to those who don't like sharp angles in their fragrance. However, it quickly opens up into a lush, faintly powdery bouquet of gardenias over a mossy leather base. This phase of the perfume's evolution should please anyone with a nose on their face; it's a perfect balance of delicate femininity and elegant restraint, and it really does seem to echo the perfect (never equaled, in my opinion) "New Look" of Dior's first collection. I've had the opportunity to wear both reformulated and vintage Miss Dior, and I will admit that the vintage is better; the leather (my favorite note) is deeper and more noticeable, and there is an animal darkness in the mix that I really do love. The new Miss Dior is thinner, fresher, and a bit sharper, but it's still very lovely.

As for the "old lady" comments - well, skin chemistry is a mysterious thing, but in my experience, these comments are completely unfounded. I'm twenty-four, and Miss Dior is the only fragrance that my boyfriend has spontaneously described as "sexy." If you understand the appeal of vintage '40s fashion, or if you know why Lauren Bacall and Bette Davis are so much hotter than Jennifer Aniston and Lindsay Lohan, then you probably "get" Miss Dior. If you need to smell like strawberry snow-cone syrup to feel attractive, well, good luck to you - God knows that there are a lot of scents targeted for people with your tastes.

Miss Dior is a beautiful, sparkling chypre. I love the sage that is in this. When i was a kid my mother used to make a dinner called chicken curry. To me, this smells just like my mothers chicken curry. Nice and spicy. Also, i get notes of fresh cut hay as well. A very formal, dress up type scent when you're going out in a tuxedo.

Popular Fragrances