Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30
Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

3.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3) , Homosalate (8) , Octisalate (5) , Octocrylene (4) , Oxybenzone (4)Inactive Ingredients: Water , Silica , Dimethicone , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax , Benzyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG 100 Stearate , Cetyl Dimethicone , Caprylyl Methicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer , Sodium Polyacrylate , Behenyl Alcohol , Xanthan Gum , Ethylhexyl Stearate , Acrylates/C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer , Chlophenesin , Fragrance , Dethylhexyl 2 , 6 Naphthalate , BHT , Trideceth 6 , Propylene Glycol

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This sunscreen is the best for me! While using certain products that contain acid for my face wash, I always use sunscreen and they make my skin oilier than normal. Not with this product; no funny smell and dry on skin once rubbed in.

This is a great sunblock. Not too greasy, so it actually absorbs and doesn't make you look shiny or break out. I have really oily skin and it wasn't a problem. What I'm even happier to say is that the knockoff, TopCare Ultimate Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen, is a little cheaper and slightly better in the non-greasiness factor.

on 7/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

This is the best sunscreen I´ve ever had. Truly.

What I hate about sunscreens in general: the oily, white, greasy residue they leave behind.

This one doesn´t. It is the very first one that I´ve ever tried on that doesn´t. Bliss! When I apply it on my face, it looks like I´ve got nothing on after a minute.

It also works.

I burn very easily but love to potter in my yard. This keeps on working!

They do not sell it in Finland but it is so good I order it specially from abroad.

I´ve used several tubes over the years, love it. I first bought it on a holiday to Florida, and I burn easily, I was extremely pleased with it - that the recommendation you need?

The only thing is now I live in fear that they discontinue it. I could not taking looking for another invisible, no-show sunscreen! It took me twenty years to find this one!

Oh yes, and do not apply it real close to your eyes, like lower eye lids / lash line, it WILL sting if it gets into your eyes!

on 3/7/2016 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

2 tubes in from last year and it was working for me. My friend brought it over from NY to the UK as it is readily available in the drugstores there. It ticked the boxes:

No white cast. CHECK
SPF30 or more. CHECK
UVA block. Not so great.
Non pore blocking / matt look to skin. CHECK
No rash producing....for 2 tubes only :-(

Started a new tube, my 3rd (bought in February from NY) and I have been persevering but it is making my cheeks breakout and a rash near my mouth. I could cry... having to revisit full face make up again until I get my skin under control. Grrr.

I would try this as it doesn't leave a white caste, you can use the recommended amount 1tsp for face/neck and after 2-3 mins can put make up on. Didn't create more oil my face throughout the day. Didn't sting my skin. Price point was great...even though I had to get from US. But my skin has totally reacted to this 3rd tube.

HTH

Going back ro drawing board. Bleh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm still undecided about this product. I usually use Biore Japanese sunscreen because I love the matte and silky texture that's perfect to wear under makeup as a primer too. However, since starting topical tretinoin, I prefer something less drying (Biore has a high % alcohol).
The finish of this is obviously not as matte as my Japanese sunscreen. This is a little greasy but not too bad as other Western sunscreens. It's less drying and doesn't contain silicones but this means that the texture is harder to spread. I don't know how this is under makeup as I haven't tested it yet.

on 12/13/2015 9:17:00 PM

I've been using this sunscreen for about 6 months now. I'm 33 with normal to dry sensitive skin that easily breaks out. This is the only sunscreen that doesn't break me out and it feels DIVINE when it sets. Silky and smooth. I give it only 4 because 1. It makes my eyes water and sting every darn time. 2. For 5 minutes after putting it on, I get a not unpleasant tingling/almost burning sensation. I actually kind of like it, but tingling means irritation and I can def do without that. 3. It sets a bit shiny. I use powder and it looks wonderful, but man it would be awesome to not need powder. I rarely wear makeup. 4. There are no sort of extra treats for the skin. So wonderful, and I have repurchased, but am on the lookout for a better alternative.

on 9/17/2015 5:07:00 PM

I've been using decent sunscreens daily for the past 12 years or so now. I shudder at the thought of the amount of money i have spent over these years in the quest to find the perfect one for my oily sensitive skin... (i have had several cleanouts with bin bags full of them being thrown out - imagine the cost.)

Anyway, the past two years i have been using this alone (on face, not always neck, see below) and can say after 12 years i have finally the closest to my hg that i probably ever will.

Pros -
light texture, sinks in very well
good enough uva protection for daily 'incidental' exposure
dries to a semi-matte finish (on hot days you will need a little powder), great for oily skin.
doesnt irritate or break me out
you can use the proper 1/4 tsp for face and look 'normal'
water resistant to sweat but washes off with regular cleansers - doesnt need oil to remove, unlike some.
very cheap - UKers purchase on amazon it's £6/88ml inc delivery!

cons -
contains avobenzone - does stain shirt collars - does not wash out(!)
contains fragrance - it's mild but unnecessary
occasionally makes my eyes smart a bit if it gets too close.

i will use this on my neck most days too unless i am wearing a white shirt in which case any avobenzone sunscreen is a huge no. On these days i use Eucerin daily lotion spf30 on my neck/check and it doesnt leave the horrible yellow stains that dont wash out.

Overall really happy with this. It's really simplified my skincare routine (and stopping the search has saved me a fortune).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not greasy at all but still moisturizes really well. I use this everyday as my everyday moisturizer. Recommend to anyone who is looking for a non greasy sunscreen for everyday I really liked this.

on 10/25/2014 1:21:00 AM

Unfortunately my skin is just too sensitive for this product, it really was an unpleasant burning sensation when I applied it and left my skin with a red irritation for some time. The good news is that it does have a dry finish (doesn't feel the same after being in water though) and is very effective at blocking out the sun. I would recommend this product for those who have oily and non-sensitive skin types but won't be buying it again myself.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This can be called a miracle product for me.

I don't wear it as a sunscreen a lot, but its an amazing product to use under make up and as a day wear moisturizer. Indian (South Asian) women must give this a chance. sometimes I don't even use foundation, this does the trick and makes the skin just glow!!

I will definitely re-purchase this. It also acts as a good sunscreen for kids (better test before using a lot though).