Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.2

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

on 6/23/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Quick dry top coat? YES. It dries so damn quick I was so impressed. The first time I used it I was thinking to myself "there is no way something can dry so shiny within seconds of applying it... NONE", well this thing proved me wrong.

It dries to a nice beautiful shine, within seconds of putting the cap back on the bottle after finishing all my nails. Yep. I love it. And the price? Even better!

I have to mention that I do work at a grocery store and I'm very rough/fiddle with my hands. So for me, the quick dry is better than any other claims. I don't care if I have to reapply after a few days because it is so quick to do. The other claim, however, I cannot really say anything about because my nails chip within 3 days sometimes 2 due to my job. I am able to make a color stretch up to 4, but after that, I have to go in and touch up the color. So the "anti-chip" claim? Not good.

Still though, 5 lippies because QUICK DRY YES I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

I have been using for many years. Does what it says, dries rather quickly. Must reapply every few days or it will chip like crazy.

To Read all 521 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/13/2016 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am someone who instantly forgets I just did my nails, making them a hot mess. So this product jumped out from the shelves at me 'INSTA_DRI'!! Once I tried it at first I was so happy they did dry really fast. However, a couple days in and I was having to retouch my nails because they were chipped. A tad disappointing, would buy again though for that quick dry effect.

on 5/6/2016 1:27:00 PM

I think this top coat is fantastic. It really does make your nail polish dry right away (you can paint your nails right before you go to bed if you want to) and it makes your manicure last for days with no chipping.

Great stuff! I had been meaning to try it for a long time before I got around to buying it. I really like it a lot.

Some of these reviews say that it starts to go thick about halfway through the bottle. That hasn't happened to me yet but if it does, I'll just add some nail polish thinner or just get another bottle. It's cheap enough that it's not that big a deal.

I will definitely buy it again. Recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really liked this when I first got it. It dried fast, was shiny, chip resistant. Didn't notice shrinkage like with Seche Vite. "How could anyone hate this?" I thought. "It's amazeballs!"

Then towards halfway into using the bottle, my experience with it really took a hard nosedive. First it became thick. Okay, that's typical of any polish, especially fast dry top coats. Not a big deal. Then it became too thick to apply without streaking, and then it started not being as shiny as it used to be. Then finalement the coup de grace happened- the bottle began flaking. Yep, that signature red bottle was ultimately what did it for me. Entire manicures completely ruined by flakes of red that chipped off the bottle and onto my nails mid-painting. Could not even handle the bottle without it coming undone. And with that, it was time to chuck the bottle into the trash. Such a shame, it was so close to reaching HG status.

on 2/13/2016 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My fave so far! Been using for 9 months. Love the shape of the brush and it's easily available in the UK. Cheap too. The only other QDTC l've tried is Poshe. I prefer this because it has less shrinkage, lasts longer before it needs thinning and it smooths out imperfections in your application. Helps ridges look less obvious and dries polish quickly. If it bubbles it needs thinning. I've never tried SV due to the toulene - this is toulene free. I can get a mani to last for a week with this. Wears well.

on 1/28/2016 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Excellent topcoat. Been using this for years and haven't been let down by its lasting power! It truly dries quickly and keeps my manicures looking nice for days on end. Also perfect for smoothing out glittery nail colors.

The only complaint I have is that it tends to get too goopy/thick to use around the halfway-empty point - I've experienced this with my past 2 bottles. Would be awesome if it were available in a smaller container. That being said, I will keep repurchasing forever!

on 1/22/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this, mainly because it dries pretty fast. The thing I don't like about this is that this doesn't stay very glossy looking at all, it will look nice and shiny on day 1 even maybe 2 but afterwards it fills down a lot

Love dis stuff. Makes polish dry super fast, maybe not quite as fast a Seche Vite, but it's definitely close, and considering this is cheaper that works for me. Only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is that it does get gross and goopy towards the end. There's about 1/8th of the bottle left right now and it's unusable as it's so thick. I know this tends to happen with a lot of top coats, but until I find a top coat that drys fast, makes nails hard and chip-free and doesn't get so thick towards the end of the bottle, I won't be giving out any 5 stars. I will be buying this again!

on 1/9/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first use of this product and so far I have been pleased with it. Typically I use SV but wanted to try this as I had heard raves on the NB about this product and it is a bit less expensive than SV. But, the main reason I wanted to give this is a try is that I read that it does not cause shrinkage like SV does.

This applied smoothly without streaking or pulling. The texture was nice and it was not too thick or too thin. It dried quickly leaving a nice glossy shine. The dry time was a fast as SV. As I do with SV I did not use an additional TC to prevent shrinkage, so we will see how this works out. That is one step that I would like to skip if possible.

I added this over a glitter type polish and one coat of the Insta Dri covered the glitter nicely leaving the surface of my nails smooth.

This comes in the standard np bottle w/a standard brush. The brush was a good quality. Honestly, I don't remember the cost, but I am sure that at WalMart it was around $6.00.

So far, so good. I will update in a couple of days as to the wear time, shrinkage and any other pertainent information regarding this product. Typically SH is NOT one of my favorite brands but hopefully this one will break my negative attitude toward SH products. At this point, I would repurchase this again.

UPDATE: 5 days of wear with no chips over a Sinful Colors polish with this TC. Even better in my book is that there was no shrinkage. I think that this is my new HG QDTC!