Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat
Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

I have bought this over and over again. I never really seem to finish it before it becomes thick but I genuinely love this. Makes my manicure dry almost in a minute and gives nail polish a good healthy shine. I reapply after a couple of days for a renewed look. Love.

on 12/2/2016 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Goes on easily and dries fast. This can be found in most US drugstores/big box stores for around $5. I think this is a great value for how well it works. I usually put it on just a minute or two after I've applied my last coat of color. I've used this for the past few months and it does a fabulous job. I am hard on my nails, but I think this helps to make my manicure last a little longer. I can paint my nails about a hour before bed and I do not have sheet marks in the morning.

PROS: good value, works very well- no bubbles, dries quickly, easy to find.

CONS: None to date.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff just never cures! The surface of my nails will feel dry to the touch, but then my polish smudges or pushes back as soon as I try to use my hands 2 HOURS later. I've tried using this specifically with other SH products only, allowing a full 30 minutes between coats, and then giving everything 60 minutes to set after I apply this top coat...and still, my nails are wrecked as soon as I try to change my clothes. I can't devote an entire day to drying my nails, so I switched to Seche Vite, which allows me to use my hands 15 minutes after applying my top coat without destroying my nail color! The Insta Dri top coat does resist chipping better than Seche Vite, but it's still not worth spending hours drying my nails...

on 8/29/2016 2:50:00 PM

This fast-drying top coat is really great until you get about halfway through the bottle, then it turns into utter crap. Thick and streaky, drags the nail polish underneath, dries all bumpy and bubbly. Just terrible.

And I really liked this top coat at first. It did an excellent job. Dried to a glossy shine and chip-proofed my mani. And it made the polish dry so quickly that I could paint my nails right before going to bed it I wanted to.

And now that I'm halfway done with it I hate it. It's a different product altogether now.

A top coat that I would recommend over this one is INM's Out The Door. They sell it at Sally's Beauty and it's not very expensive. Very high quality fast-drying top coat and it stays good all the way to the end of the bottle.

I had wanted to try this SH top coat for long time before I finally bought it. It ended up being a letdown.

I won't buy this again.

on 8/13/2016 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This top coat is the best! I have gone through several bottles now and I keep repurchasing it. This goes on smoothly and evenly, dries quickly and super shiny, and protects against wear and chips for two days without reapplying (after two days I usually take my polish off anyway). It's better than OPI's top coat, too. When visiting my sister I used her OPI top coat and it reacted with my sunscreen. The top coat became gummy, matte, and peeled off, while the polish underneath was fine. I have never had that problem with this Sally Hansen top coat. I’ve gotten my sister and mother using this top coat now. I hope Sally Hansen never discontinues it!

on 6/23/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Quick dry top coat? YES. It dries so damn quick I was so impressed. The first time I used it I was thinking to myself "there is no way something can dry so shiny within seconds of applying it... NONE", well this thing proved me wrong.

It dries to a nice beautiful shine, within seconds of putting the cap back on the bottle after finishing all my nails. Yep. I love it. And the price? Even better!

I have to mention that I do work at a grocery store and I'm very rough/fiddle with my hands. So for me, the quick dry is better than any other claims. I don't care if I have to reapply after a few days because it is so quick to do. The other claim, however, I cannot really say anything about because my nails chip within 3 days sometimes 2 due to my job. I am able to make a color stretch up to 4, but after that, I have to go in and touch up the color. So the "anti-chip" claim? Not good.

Still though, 5 lippies because QUICK DRY YES I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

I have been using for many years. Does what it says, dries rather quickly. Must reapply every few days or it will chip like crazy.

on 5/13/2016 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am someone who instantly forgets I just did my nails, making them a hot mess. So this product jumped out from the shelves at me 'INSTA_DRI'!! Once I tried it at first I was so happy they did dry really fast. However, a couple days in and I was having to retouch my nails because they were chipped. A tad disappointing, would buy again though for that quick dry effect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really liked this when I first got it. It dried fast, was shiny, chip resistant. Didn't notice shrinkage like with Seche Vite. "How could anyone hate this?" I thought. "It's amazeballs!"

Then towards halfway into using the bottle, my experience with it really took a hard nosedive. First it became thick. Okay, that's typical of any polish, especially fast dry top coats. Not a big deal. Then it became too thick to apply without streaking, and then it started not being as shiny as it used to be. Then finalement the coup de grace happened- the bottle began flaking. Yep, that signature red bottle was ultimately what did it for me. Entire manicures completely ruined by flakes of red that chipped off the bottle and onto my nails mid-painting. Could not even handle the bottle without it coming undone. And with that, it was time to chuck the bottle into the trash. Such a shame, it was so close to reaching HG status.

on 2/13/2016 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My fave so far! Been using for 9 months. Love the shape of the brush and it's easily available in the UK. Cheap too. The only other QDTC l've tried is Poshe. I prefer this because it has less shrinkage, lasts longer before it needs thinning and it smooths out imperfections in your application. Helps ridges look less obvious and dries polish quickly. If it bubbles it needs thinning. I've never tried SV due to the toulene - this is toulene free. I can get a mani to last for a week with this. Wears well.