Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

Love this! I am very impatient when it comes to doing my nails...ADHD...so I usually only do my toes b/c I can't still long enough to let my fingernails dry. Or, I keep checking to see if they're dry, & they're always still tacky & I just keep getting light fingerprints in them...adding more top coat....trying to redo them again & again - until I get so frustrated that I just take all the polish off & either go with clear or a clear glitter (NYC Long-Wearing Nail Enamel 101A White Lights Glitter).

This top coat was introduced to me by one of my friends a while ago & it is a necessity if you're like me. Or if you just want your nails to dry really fast. It's awesome, it doesn't chip, you only need one coat & it seals the color in & makes it super shiny. I've been meaning to review this for a long time but I kept forgetting; luckily, I had to get more yesterday & it triggered my memory.

Absolutely one of my favorite things & absolutely a necessity for me. Again, if you're like me & you're a fidgety person...or if you have to do your nails in a rush - get this immediately!!

I got this for $7.99. the product does dry very quickly, however, in less than 12 hours my nail polish was chipped. After having a shower the polish on my toe nails were chipped. I did dishes and the nail polish came mostly off. Not worth the buy. I've had nail polish that lasted longer alone than this did.

on 6/25/2018 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have resigned myself to painting my nails every day as I have tried everything (orly bonder, seche vite, other top coats, wrapping the tips, wrapping the whole underside of the nail) and nothing will make my manicure stay chip free more than a day, particularly washing my hair and showering. So I just take off the chipped polish daily and finish my manicure with this top coat. I love it, it dries really fast. Not as fast as seche vite but almost, and it's cheaper. HG stuff here.

Surprised this was so highly rated. I waited a minute after applying and lightly touched to see if it actually worked and it left my finger print embedded into the color. So it definitely was not an instant dry. Besides that my color chipped on several nails within a day : (

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Insta-Dri was one of my first quick-dry top coats back in the day, but I stopped using it several years ago because it lifted color (there's a reason it's in a red bottle), it often peeled and, as with all Sally Hansen top coats I have tried, it often caused noticeable shrinkage, and rarely made it to the halfway mark before the polish got so thick and goopy that it was unusable. I swore I'd never buy it again, but I received a bottle of this, along with two Sally Hansen polishes, from a secret pal at work recently, so I gave it another try.

I'm happy to report that my experience this time has been much better. I used it over a Sally Hansen polish, and my mani has lasted, with only minimal touchups, for five days and counting. Thankfully the peeling problem seems to have been corrected, because that hasn't happened yet. It still lifts color just a tad when it's applied, but nothing to write home about. Best of all, there seems to be no shrinkage at all. It's too soon to tell whether it will last more than halfway through the bottle, though, but I'll edit if that happens.

on 2/2/2018 1:25:00 PM

This is HG & IMO BETTER than seche vite bc it causes NO shrinkage & is cheaper & does not get thick half way through the bottle. With either one of them, I use a top coat the day after mani for longevity. I also wear gloves to do dishes.

on 11/12/2017 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm not totally mad at it...but my expectations were super high... mwah mwaaaaah... I polish and wait put it on as per directions...and it does indeed dry to the touch...but not enough for me to actually do stuff..or it slides all the polish up my nail...kind of like the cheese moving to one side of the pizza!So.... it is just o.k..in my opinion...and if I figure out a way to make it work, I will certainly update.. I think I am going to try Essie's good to go when this bottle becomes too gloppy to use ( I can get it discounted so it's cheaper than the Sally Hansen..)

on 10/20/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Three lippies because it does the job and dries instantly. However this top coat peels and any claim of no chip shine for 10 days is completely false. It takes me one to two days after painting before it starts peeling which is not good at all for my nails because i tend to pick at polish. Also once it gets to about halfway the polish starts to gets very thick and leaves your nails with bubbles. I will not be buying again.

on 3/24/2017 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Totally agree with some of the other reviewers - I love this, it dries very quickly (perfect for when you have a manicure that already requires 3-4 coats before topcoat!) and stays shiny... but when the bottle is about 1/2 to 2/3's used up, it gets impossibly thick and gloopy and pulls the nail polish off your nail, and sometimes bubbles. Ugh. I tried using Orly nail polish thinner drops, but it's just a lost cause. This stuff worked so well for me for so long, and is fairly cheap... I guess I'll just buy a new bottle. =/ If it's going to be this prone to evaporating / thickening, I wish they would just sell it in smaller bottles! Harrumph.

on 4/13/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolute A+! I've started doing my nails at home to save time and money, but I my polish took so long to dry that it always had a smudge or two and just didn't look professional. If I did my nails any time in the evening, I always woke with sheet imprints. I was hesitant to try this because I had previously tried some quick dry drops from Orly, which were awful. But the Nail Board gave this such high ratings, I finally caved. So glad I did! My polish is literally dry in 3 minutes. To be safe, I am still pretty careful for a while after painting, but I am just shocked how well this works. Applies easily, though you must work fast because it does dry fast. Added bonus is that I can top my polish with this every day or two and it adds shine and seems to prevent chipping. If smeared, never dry nails are an issue for you, this product is your bff!
Edit: Like other reviewers have noted, this stuff gets too thick mid bottle. So half the bottle is wasted. I am not taking any lippies off because it is still a great product and a bottle half the size would be hard to work with. But count on some waste here.

Popular Top/Base Coats