Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel Blush

Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel Blush
Sheer Cheek Gel BlushPixi Sheer Cheek GelsPixi Sheer Cheek Gels - swatches

4.6

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Polysorbate 80, Cetyl acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, PEG 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Bismuth oxychloride, Mica, Iron oxides, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red #33, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1

on 5/27/2018 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really like it. I have this in Natural and I actually use it more as a lip tint than as a blush. The color is exactly what I’m looking for to give my lips that natural rosy color. Its super easy to apply and blend on my lips but I haven’t found the same ease of blendabilty on my cheeks.

The product is exactly how it’s labeled: a sheer gel. I find that the packaging is more convenient to dispense product than some other tints I’ve had. Would buy again!

This just did not work out for me. It was very, very patchy when blending it on my cheeks, so it looked like I had just worked out all day and not in a pretty way.

on 3/9/2018 2:31:00 PM

The beauty gurus I look up to the most are Wayne Goss and Lisa Eldridge so I'm always looking for a natural, glowing blush as opposed to the hyper-instagram makeup everyone is addicted to these days. Also as I get older (45) I find powder blushes just add more texture when what I'm after is skin that looks like me only better. This blush is PHENOMENAL. There are no words. First day I wore it I kept looking in the mirror because I couldn't believe how flawless and natural it was. I love it and even though the packaging could be better I will never be without this product in my makeup bag. You can build it up for a look that will really last all day. I do my concealer and follow that up with my usual BB cream or tinted moisturizer or when I'm wearing foundation ELDW. Then add this blush. The best way to aply is a tiny, tiny amount and sweep it from the apples and outwards. Blend the outer edges immediately and repeat if you feel you need more. It’s sheer but highly pigmented. I usually apply 3 very small amounts to get the look I want.

I find adding powder on top after applying this blush mutes the look too much for my taste. I like it to really pop so I then top off with a tiny hint of Milani's Rose Powder blush (I'm talking a tiny amount). Then I powder my T-Zone and I'm set. By 5PM I still look flushed (which was the color I got) and while it does look dark on swatches it gives the absolute best flushed - just-been-for-a-run glow.

Run don't walk to get this. For the price and staying power it's a steal and I’m so in love with it! Other cream blushes I’ve tried are MAC and Revlon and this one is the best hands down.

on 10/17/2017 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used this for several years. I used to use Benetint many years ago and loved it but I always felt it got old before I could use it up and it can be tricky to work with. I've tried all 3 colors but Flushed is the one i keep repurchasing. It is almost identical to Benetint original but much easier to apply. I think these don't get the attention they deserve, maybe because they are a Target item. I order mine from their website. I feel they are fresher than the ones at Target. I also adore their H2O tinted moisturizer so I can always get free shipping because i usually run out of both around the same time and order them together. They are never sticky on me and they usually last all day if I dab the area with some powder, either Laura Mercier or RCMA No Color Powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this sheer blush gel in Natural- when I go to the gym I just put a dab of this on each cheek to get that "healthy glow" so I don't look dead and WA-LA!

For when I wear a full face of makeup, I apply a little of this to each cheek as a blush primer, then apply my powder blush on top and it goes on so much more smoothly. Powder blush alone doesn't last long on me at all- but this makes it last a lot longer.

on 7/26/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Sadly, this gel blush (in Natural) went back to the store for me. I read all the positive reviews on MUA, and decided to try it, but it just didn't work for me. Natural read too warm for my cool, pink-toned skin with freckles. I also found it quite expensive for the amount of product in the tube. I was looking for a gel that gives a flushed, natural look (like I used to get from Bonne Bell's blushing gel in the 70s and 80s); I guess my hunt continues.

Edit: I really wanted to find a gel blush, so I tried this again in the shade Flushed. This one leans cooler on my skin tone and is a winner for me. My cheeks have that natural, "just came in from the cold" look when I wear this - just what I was looking for. It doesn't emphasize lines on my healthy, but mature, skin. I would repurchase if I were to run out, but probably won't need to since a little goes a long way.

This is a beautifully sheer, yet long lasting, natural looking blush. Highly recommend!

on 11/26/2015 9:54:00 PM

I'd like to add to the chorus of raves. I have natural and the dark red colour. They are both excellent on my pale face. The natural looks exactly that. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all. I just look better.

They aren't sticky or too liquid or in anyway difficult or fiddly to use. It's so easy it makes you wonder why other companies have produced such inferior versions.

i had to order them from overseas and I would again. They are worth the trouble.

Pixi is a British brand, and as far as I know, the only place to buy it in Canada is at Target. They retail for $18 CAD which is a bit pricey. I picked up Natural, Rosey, and Flushed. There was a fourth colour, Peachy, but it looked very light and I thought it might not show up much on me. The cheek gels are oil free, fragrance free, and hypoallergenic.

Natural is described as "soft warm pink". This is the most opaque of the three I got and is a natural peachy pink. Rosey is described as "perfect berry-rose". Flushed is the darkest and is described as "fresh red". Its similar to Benefit's Benetint rose-tinted cheek stain and was the one I liked the best.

I am a huge fan of Benefit's Benetint. I can't say I like these quite as much. They are more sheer and feel a little bit sticky on the skin. Rosey didn't provide enough colour for me, but I've worn Flushed quite a bit.

The plastic tube packaging makes them awesome for traveling though! I am always afraid my Benetint will leak or get broken, so the Pixi sheer cheek gel is a good alternative for travel.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this. Great texture and finish, both on cheeks and lips. I have Sunkissed, which gives exactly that look on my slightly yellow toned pale skin.
I have Natural on the way, will update! But Sunkissed is a winner for me already.

EDIT June 11th, 2018:

The Natural is great, but whyyyyy did they have to discontinue Sunkissed?! I miss it so much. I tried to order some backups, but they arrived all banged up and bleeding all over the packaging. I have one in a ziploc bag, just in case I ever get enough money to have it reconstructed or something.. It was that good. Natural is just fine. Still adore the texture and finish, and it works on top of my mineral foundation, which gels don't always do. Guess I'll have to settle for blushed instead of sunkissed.