Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel Blush

Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel Blush
Sheer Cheek Gel BlushPixi Sheer Cheek GelsPixi Sheer Cheek Gels - swatches

4.6

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Polysorbate 80, Cetyl acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, PEG 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Bismuth oxychloride, Mica, Iron oxides, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red #33, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1

on 10/17/2017 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used this for several years. I used to use Benetint many years ago and loved it but I always felt it got old before I could use it up and it can be tricky to work with. I've tried all 3 colors but Flushed is the one i keep repurchasing. It is almost identical to Benetint original but much easier to apply. I think these don't get the attention they deserve, maybe because they are a Target item. I order mine from their website. I feel they are fresher than the ones at Target. I also adore their H2O tinted moisturizer so I can always get free shipping because i usually run out of both around the same time and order them together. They are never sticky on me and they usually last all day if I dab the area with some powder, either Laura Mercier or RCMA No Color Powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this sheer blush gel in Natural- when I go to the gym I just put a dab of this on each cheek to get that "healthy glow" so I don't look dead and WA-LA!

For when I wear a full face of makeup, I apply a little of this to each cheek as a blush primer, then apply my powder blush on top and it goes on so much more smoothly. Powder blush alone doesn't last long on me at all- but this makes it last a lot longer.

on 7/26/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Sadly, this gel blush (in Natural) went back to the store for me. I read all the positive reviews on MUA, and decided to try it, but it just didn't work for me. Natural read too warm for my cool, pink-toned skin with freckles. I also found it quite expensive for the amount of product in the tube. I was looking for a gel that gives a flushed, natural look (like I used to get from Bonne Bell's blushing gel in the 70s and 80s); I guess my hunt continues.

on 11/26/2015 9:54:00 PM

I'd like to add to the chorus of raves. I have natural and the dark red colour. They are both excellent on my pale face. The natural looks exactly that. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all. I just look better.

They aren't sticky or too liquid or in anyway difficult or fiddly to use. It's so easy it makes you wonder why other companies have produced such inferior versions.

i had to order them from overseas and I would again. They are worth the trouble.

Pixi is a British brand, and as far as I know, the only place to buy it in Canada is at Target. They retail for $18 CAD which is a bit pricey. I picked up Natural, Rosey, and Flushed. There was a fourth colour, Peachy, but it looked very light and I thought it might not show up much on me. The cheek gels are oil free, fragrance free, and hypoallergenic.

Natural is described as "soft warm pink". This is the most opaque of the three I got and is a natural peachy pink. Rosey is described as "perfect berry-rose". Flushed is the darkest and is described as "fresh red". Its similar to Benefit's Benetint rose-tinted cheek stain and was the one I liked the best.

I am a huge fan of Benefit's Benetint. I can't say I like these quite as much. They are more sheer and feel a little bit sticky on the skin. Rosey didn't provide enough colour for me, but I've worn Flushed quite a bit.

The plastic tube packaging makes them awesome for traveling though! I am always afraid my Benetint will leak or get broken, so the Pixi sheer cheek gel is a good alternative for travel.

This is a beautifully sheer, yet long lasting, natural looking blush. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this. Great texture and finish, both on cheeks and lips. I have Sunkissed, which gives exactly that look on my slightly yellow toned pale skin.
I have Natural on the way, will update! But Sunkissed is a winner for me already.

on 7/14/2014 3:22:00 PM

Love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a light-medium skin tone & most pigmented powder blushes make me look like an uneven clown while cream blushes make me look so oily. I know that gel formulas work wonders to control oil & since this is also a sheer coverage blush I was very excited to try this. For something that is at the convenience of being sold at a drugstore & has the packaging of a higher end blush I wasn't nervous about spending $19.99 (no tax in Alaska). I was hopeful & I'm so glad my knowledge was right on this one. I have the shade "Natural" and you only need one smooth layer to look really gorgeous & flushed while two layers intensifies the color without screaming "Clown Face!". This glides so nice over my foundations & I am happy with my purchase.

on 4/20/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel goes on smooth and sheer, not sticky in the slightest. It's super-easy to apply, tapping on with just my fingertips: I love that I don't have to carry a blush brush with me to the gym to use post-shower!

Unfortunately, the Sheer Cheek Gel in Natural is too subtle/similar to my own light-medium Southeast Asian coloring that it just disappears when I use the amount recommended by other MUA reviewers (two dots per cheek). I'll exchange this for another color and update my review then. In the meantime, I'll make do with my pretty pink-gold NYX blush in "Pinched"!