Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel Blush

Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel Blush
Sheer Cheek Gel BlushPixi Sheer Cheek GelsPixi Sheer Cheek Gels - swatches

4.6

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Polysorbate 80, Cetyl acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, PEG 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Bismuth oxychloride, Mica, Iron oxides, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red #33, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1

on 7/26/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Sadly, this gel blush (in Natural) went back to the store for me. I read all the positive reviews on MUA, and decided to try it, but it just didn't work for me. Natural read too warm for my cool, pink-toned skin with freckles. I also found it quite expensive for the amount of product in the tube. I was looking for a gel that gives a flushed, natural look (like I used to get from Bonne Bell's blushing gel in the 70s and 80s); I guess my hunt continues.

This is a beautifully sheer, yet long lasting, natural looking blush. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this. Great texture and finish, both on cheeks and lips. I have Sunkissed, which gives exactly that look on my slightly yellow toned pale skin.
I have Natural on the way, will update! But Sunkissed is a winner for me already.

on 7/14/2014 3:22:00 PM

Love it.

on 11/26/2015 9:54:00 PM

I'd like to add to the chorus of raves. I have natural and the dark red colour. They are both excellent on my pale face. The natural looks exactly that. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all. I just look better.

They aren't sticky or too liquid or in anyway difficult or fiddly to use. It's so easy it makes you wonder why other companies have produced such inferior versions.

i had to order them from overseas and I would again. They are worth the trouble.

Pixi is a British brand, and as far as I know, the only place to buy it in Canada is at Target. They retail for $18 CAD which is a bit pricey. I picked up Natural, Rosey, and Flushed. There was a fourth colour, Peachy, but it looked very light and I thought it might not show up much on me. The cheek gels are oil free, fragrance free, and hypoallergenic.

Natural is described as "soft warm pink". This is the most opaque of the three I got and is a natural peachy pink. Rosey is described as "perfect berry-rose". Flushed is the darkest and is described as "fresh red". Its similar to Benefit's Benetint rose-tinted cheek stain and was the one I liked the best.

I am a huge fan of Benefit's Benetint. I can't say I like these quite as much. They are more sheer and feel a little bit sticky on the skin. Rosey didn't provide enough colour for me, but I've worn Flushed quite a bit.

The plastic tube packaging makes them awesome for traveling though! I am always afraid my Benetint will leak or get broken, so the Pixi sheer cheek gel is a good alternative for travel.

on 4/6/2014 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Nice colors, but when blending it's too easy to mix into your hair. If I used my fingers or a blush brush it always seemed to get into my light colored hair adding a purpleish cast to the hair around my hairline. Additionally, It's a small package for the price. Prior to this I had a Tarte gel stick that lasted me for well over a year. This lasted me less than 4 months. When you get near the end of the tube of this one, the blush refuses to come out, without a major squeeze. It became time consuming. Lastly, a pet peeve of mine is the product that's stuck on your fingers afterwards, if you use your hands to blend it. The stain requires soap and water to remove. On the plus side it did look terrific as a lip stain, after lining my lips with a pencil, to keep the edges fresh.

on 3/20/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. I have oily skin, so I can't wear cream blush, but have been looking at gels because I think a liquid gives a more natural finish. I have two colours, flushed and natural. I really like both, but for my pale skin, natural is a bit better. This colour really lasts throughout the day, which is important to me because of my pale skin. UPDATE: my favorite color is now rosy!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a light-medium skin tone & most pigmented powder blushes make me look like an uneven clown while cream blushes make me look so oily. I know that gel formulas work wonders to control oil & since this is also a sheer coverage blush I was very excited to try this. For something that is at the convenience of being sold at a drugstore & has the packaging of a higher end blush I wasn't nervous about spending $19.99 (no tax in Alaska). I was hopeful & I'm so glad my knowledge was right on this one. I have the shade "Natural" and you only need one smooth layer to look really gorgeous & flushed while two layers intensifies the color without screaming "Clown Face!". This glides so nice over my foundations & I am happy with my purchase.

on 4/20/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel goes on smooth and sheer, not sticky in the slightest. It's super-easy to apply, tapping on with just my fingertips: I love that I don't have to carry a blush brush with me to the gym to use post-shower!

Unfortunately, the Sheer Cheek Gel in Natural is too subtle/similar to my own light-medium Southeast Asian coloring that it just disappears when I use the amount recommended by other MUA reviewers (two dots per cheek). I'll exchange this for another color and update my review then. In the meantime, I'll make do with my pretty pink-gold NYX blush in "Pinched"!

Popular Blush Products