Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner
Smooth As Silk ConditionerEnter Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like the reviewer below, this only felt like it left a light coating on my hair, rather than providing moisture. No difference at all in smoothing, softening, reducing frizz, etc. I also felt that I needed to wash my hair more often when I was using this; while my hair doesn't know the meaning of the term oily, it would get sort of slimy and dull the next day. Big nope to this.

on 11/19/2016 8:19:00 AM

Almost felt as though it didn't really moisturise my hair but leave a slippery film anyone?

My hair felt brittle and easily tangled after using this together with their shampoo, I don't expect it to be super moisturizing but hey, at easy don't dry my hair out. Even the smell is boring.

Never repurchase.

To Read all 139 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/27/2016 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Did not work for me. I have bra-strap length fine hair and it was more tangled than usual in comb out. Plus it would re-tangle once combed. The scalp felt nice, but the ends felt very dry. The scent is really minimal and goes away fast. Overall, I might not even finish the bottle.

BTW, the bottle is a cool design, but once it's about 1/4 empty it's hard to get the product out - even if I leave it upside down.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I do like this. With my dry, curly, short hair, it works well but one caveat: I need a lot. For short hair (the longest layer barely touches shoulders). It is not good value for money, but it does the job. The other problem I have is that on day one, the hair looks nice, but by day two it looks very greasy. It weighs hair down a bit but that's okay. (My hair is not oily/greasy, it's actually super dry.)
if i use less, then it looks like i didn't use anything on my hair, and there is no smoothing/detangling benefit! It doesn't feel good, looks puffy and dry, and is just as prone to breakage as if I hadn't used anything at all. So it's a hard balance but once you get the hang of it, it's a satisfactory product. Not really worth three stars, but better than some others in this price range.
I want to try this as a leave-in but so far haven't felt entirely comfortable about actually leaving in a conditioner. I always end up washing them out...so...we'll see.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is good basic conditioner I include in my rotation. It doesn't perform miracles like the Joico K-Pak, but it does its job. It's terrific at detangling, and I only need a small amount for my long, thick hair. In comparison, with suave conditioners, they will get the job done but I will need much more of the conditioner to detangle my hair...with this product you can tell that it has quality ingredients.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As with the shampoo: Finally, quality ingredients, no harmful ingredients, vegan, cruelty free - and it does condition well, my hair looks and feels great afterwards, smells fine. This works so much better than the other Alba Botanica or Nature's Gate for me. Sticking with Giovanni for beautiful results and no hair/scalp drama!

on 5/14/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have kinky curly 3c/4a high porosity hair - and I tried this for the first time today and omg! First off when I usually use conditioner I need a handful but with THIS a handful was way to much! I couldn't believe it! It left my hair feeling suuuuuper silky and my curls never looked so good! I will buy this over and over again and already recommended this product!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner is really creamy and works great on my thick and dry hair. I would buy it again!
I have bought the 8.5oz version for about $5.99USD and the liter size for about $12.99 at TJ Max and I think that was a pretty good deal! The matching shampoo is really moisturizing so you really don't need to use that much conditioner.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This stuff should have stars it is great! It detangles ANY hair. It has great moisture too. I have 3b/3c curls!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

just used it for the first time and I have to say, I am IN LOVE <3 the smell is very nice and calming but the slip?? the slip is the best I've ever felt in a non silicone conditioner. my hair felt amazing even after rinsing it out. I did pre-poo and this was my co wash but wow! I also used it as my leave in and sealed with an evoo/jbco mix. my 4a curls feel like cotton. I already struggle with HIH syndrome.. I don't think this is going to help any! will most certainly be repurchasing again very soon just to keep a stock in the house