Olay Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Hungarian Water Essence

Olay Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Hungarian Water Essence

3.0

1 review

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

On the fence on if I want to rate this cleanser a 3 or 4.
This cleanser worked very well to cleanse my face and remove all my makeup.
I do like that it lathers up as my favorites are more of a cleansing lotion and do not lather much, if at all. It doesn't lather too much but just enough to wash everything away without leaving a film on the skin.
A little goes a long way, personally, I only need one half to one full pump at night to wash my face. In the morning I use just the smallest little pea-sized amount. You may need more if you wear very heavy makeup.
I will say the first 2-3 days my skin did seem dry but that went away quickly and it did not cause any irritation to my skin. After a while, I felt like my skin looked a bit brighter.
This version does have a very light cucumber melon-ish scent which is just okay in my opinion. I do wish it was more like the cucumber scent in the Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel as I adore that fresh clean more natural cucumber scent and the scent in the Olay cleanser is more like fake cucumber melon.
It is a light scent so it is not overwhelming and they do also offer a fragrance-free version which I also tried but to me, it smelled really bad and I just could not use it.
I have found this cleanser in the price range of $6.99-$9.99 which I feel is a bit on the pricey side as it really wasn't anything special.
-I felt like the description on the back of the bottle is pretty generic and just using the words " Inspired by Hungarian Water Essence" was less than intriguing and just sounded gimmicky IMO and the only reason I tried it was because it was supposed to be soap free and for made for sensitive skin.
Would I repurchase? I might give this a try again in the future if I find a good deal or coupon but my skin did become more oily during the day and with my other cleansers it is more balanced. I also feel like there are really good gentle cleansers out there for a great price.

From Olay's website -Product Description
Introducing Olay Sensitive — a dermatologically tested skin care line developed to calm dry, stressed skin. Olay Sensitive Calming Liquid Facial Cleanser, inspired by Hungarian Water Essence, is soap-free and dye-free, so it’s gentle on skin. This soothing face wash rinses away toxins and drenches skin in hydration. Inspired by Hungarian Water Essence, this sensitive skin facial cleanser is infused with essences of aloe and cucumber which work with Olay’s gentle skin formula to help fight dry skin at the source. So enjoy a calming clean with Olay Sensitive.