Color Wow Color Wow Dream Coat

Color Wow Color Wow Dream Coat

3.4

Aqua/Water/Eau, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-29, DMDM Hydantoin, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Silicone Quaternium-18, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, Trideceth-7, Trideceth-12, Phenoxyethanol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Potassium Benzoate, Citric Acid

on 11/24/2018 2:09:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this. I followed the directions to the letter, and was left with straw. My hair is fine and thin, and full disclosure it frizzes up quickly in high humidity. This product did not even give me smooth, silky hair from the start. Complete waste of money!

on 11/16/2018 10:57:00 AM

This makes my hair beautiful - silky and shiny and it stays that way all day. I love it. I have coarse, color-treated shoulder length hair with a bit of wave and a lot of frizz. I spray this all over my damp hair but I don't saturate and I don't section. Then I use my hair-dryer-for-the-inept (hot air round brush) and end up with gorgeous hair with very little effort. It's silky, smooth and bouncy, not flat like when I use the iron. HOWEVER, I do not like the price - $28 seems like a lot to me. I feel bad using it every time I blow dry because of the price but considering I will not be buying anymore shine serums and heat protectors and blowout creams and sprays, etc., I may actually save money in the long run. There was a blowout cream from Organix that I loved but this works WAY better plus I'm having trouble finding that particular product in stores.

Product sells for twice what other products sell for and promises frizz free, defined curls without the use of additional styling products. Curls were moderately more defined in areas. Hair was just as frizzy as when using other products. I didn't find where it worked better than any other product on the market that promised the same results. The packaging is also hard to handle when you are trying to spray it into wet hair that you have section off. Also, the directions tell you to thoroughly saturate hair. After three uses, the bottle is half empty and I only have shoulder length hair. Definitely not worth the money.

on 9/14/2018 9:31:00 PM

Wow is right! We have had a horrible humid spell and I tried out a handful of products to tame my frizzy poufball hair. This was the only product that stood out and did what it should.

This is heat activated and says that it requires a blow dryer to work. My hair HATES the blow dryer. Anytime it gets blowdried it ends up hard, crispy, frizzy, puffy and parched. Even if I get it blown out smooth at a salon, my second day hair is a dry, dehydrated mess. But it can take the iron no problem.

The first time that I used this, I did do the blow dry as instructed. My hair came out parched and overly fluffy as it always does when blow dried. I could see that even though my hair was too puffy, it wasn't actually frizzing. However, it looked so dead - I had to wash it the next day just to get some moisture back into it.

Next time I used this, I just sprayed it all over my wet hair, slept on it and picked some pieces to go over with the iron in the morning. That was a winner! I had silky, frizz-free Victoria's Secret -esque waves. Went outside - NO FRIZZ. This is a sharp contrast to the giant poufball that I've been struggling with.

I also don't drench my hair in it. Just a few spritzes works well for me. If I planned on ironing my whole head straight, maybe I would use more.

It is pricey, but not too bad considering that I don't have to purchase a separate heat protectant.

I will never go another summer without this.

on 9/7/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been straightening my curly hair for decades, and have done pretty much every chemical treatment there is. I'm now in the process of trying to make peace with my hair, but every now and then I like a nice blowout. The first time I tried this product, I didn't use enough, and it didn't do anything. The next time, I really saturated it and gave myself a beautiful, salon blowout that lasted about a week. Drying time was longer because of how wet and saturated my hair was, but it was worth it. I got good results for the next several times, but then the product stopped working. I'd do the exact same thing, but my hair came out poofy and frizzy. I've never had this happen, at least to this degree before, and I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience.

The new thing is IGK Good Behavior Spirulina Protein Smoothing Spray, which is supposed to be a keratin treatment in a can. It is always sold out on Sephora so haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I'll cave in and buy that one too ($32).

on 9/6/2018 6:16:00 PM

If you heat-style your hair at all, you probably want to check this out. This is a product that I heard about on the MUA Hair Board a few months ago, and it's probably one of the best product recommendations that I've ever stumbled upon. I've never tried anything else like this, and I am a hardcore product junkie. Color Wow Dream Coat is simply AMAZING for frizz-proofing and humidity-proofing my hair. And not only does it provide heat-protection, but it's also HEAT-ACTIVATED. I'm telling you, if you're a flat-iron or curling iron user this might be your new best friend. I love it!

Correct usage of this product requires it to be sprayed generously onto damp hair before blow drying. And do not add any other products while hair is wet as they will interfere with the Dream Coat. Once hair is dry though, you can add all the additional styling products that you want.

Whenever I use this, my hair turns out beautifully shiny and smooth. And it stays frizz-free even during humid summer weather. Wow, indeed. And the results last two or three shampoos for me. For reference I have hair that is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. I always use some type of leave-in product, and Dream Coat is possibly the best one I've ever used. This is a high-quality product!

My bottle is almost empty and I am going to buy another one. Great stuff! Very Highly Recommended!

This is a review for the dream coat for curly hair. Granted, I have fine wavy hair, but I generally wear it curly, so I was excited to try this for when I let it air dry. I tried it 3x just to be sure and here is what I have to say - it really sucks. It dried my hair out, did the opposite of bring out curl. It gave me heavy, dry, dull looking hair. Really bad. It's too much of a rigamarole to try to send it back to amazon, so it's a $24 loss. I hate when I do stupid stuff like that. Learn from my mistake and avoid this crap. (PS -- I like Color Wow root cover, which is why I was excited to try another of their products. They probably shouldn't diversify as they suck at it.)

on 7/20/2018 4:42:00 PM

It's taken me years to finally find "The One" for my difficult hair, but this is it.

No matter what shampoo/conditioner/mask I've used, my hair is still quite rough feeling, knotty and pouffy. Some products have made a small difference, but Dream Coat has been my game changer and gateway to soft, sleek hair that lasts.

I follow the instructions and saturate my towel-dried hair with it - fairly easy with the very fine spray mechanism and the almost-wetter-than-water texture of the product. Then I blow dry it. I still need to straighten my hair afterwards.

Like the previous reviewer I also use a Steampod (my other game-changer) and can confirm that it IS compatible with Dream Coat. I can feel the texture of my hair softening as I pass it through. When I've finished I have soft, swishy, almost heavier than normal hair which hasn't felt like this since my first (and last!) chemical straightening.

This Dream Coat/Steampod combo gives me my dream hair. And it lasts. I put it up in a very high ponytail to go to bed and when I get up in the morning and brush my hair, it falls back into place as if by magic. It stays like this for days - I'm ashamed (and a little elated!) to say that it's lasted a week between shampoos (though I don't generally leave it that long).

It's also helping the condition of my hair. Pre-Steampod days I used GHDs that wrecked my hair. Steampod has rescued it. It's in MUCH better condition these days, thanks to the Steampod. Using Dream Coat along with these straighteners means I don't have to wash my hair every day just to leave the house looking presentable, which helps the condition even more. My style now lasts - even if I'm caught in fine rain or humidity. My hair no longer frizzes or bounces back into its natural raggedy curls state in these conditions.

It's a touch expensive but can be found on offer in M&S quite often. I know that if I can't use my dream team combo, my dream hair becomes a nightmare so it's a keeper for me.

on 5/27/2018 3:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I succumbed to the QVC presentation and was keen to try this.
My hair is very unruly. For years I used my GHD straighteners and struggled to tame my mane.
About 2 years ago I got a a SteamPod which finally tamed my hair. My hair was successfully straightened and most importantly stayed that way, even the next day it was very manageable.

So, I really didn’t need Color Wow Dream Coat, but I gave it a go.

Firstly, when the product arrived, the cap fell off, meaning I couldn’t spray it, I had to pour it into my hand and then apply to my hair. I then blow dried my hair and then resurrected my GHD straighteners. I couldn’t use my Steam pod as the dreamcoat repels water.

My hair looked fine, straightened and not too different to its usual state. So far so good!

But, the true test was how it lasted........... it didn’t

As the day wore on my hair began to frizz and by the next day, it was a mess and I needed to wash my hair.

So, for me, a fail.

So a QVC return for me.

on 4/17/2018 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Here's what happened.

I saw the review from the reviewer here, and compulsively tracked down every other review on Amazon, You Tube, etc.They were quite mixed-it seems that perhaps some people on Amazon were duped-they seemed to get bottles of water with broken nozzles.I ordered mine on eBay,and it arrived intact, with a slight chemically, fresh smell.

I have fine, wavy/curly, fragile, heavily highlighted hair that loves to be pouffy. I avoid irons, and try to blow dry only 1-2 times per week. Like anyone with this kind of hair, I have a very scientific cocktail I use, so it was difficult to use just one product on damp hair.

I washed and conditioned, and when the hair was about 30% dry, saturated it with the spray.It comes out in a nice mist, and was easy to comb through. I then blew it dry using my ride or die Revlon hot oval brush.

Thoughts: The hair was straight and smooth, and fluffier than when I use Biosilk. In fact,it did have that slight halo of fuzz, which I hate. I found that the real magic must happen when you run the straightening iron over it- it gets really straight and silky with no fuzz. The hair feels lighter and cleaner than my usual routine with silicones. I did mist the hair with my beloved Kenra Silkening mist after the blowout, because the hair was simply too flyaway.

Does it work? Yes. Does it work better than traditional methods? Maybe- It's nice to use just one product. I think it will boil down to your preferences and texture. I suspect that my hair will feel cleaner for a longer time as as well. The advertising is not BS-I think if this works for you, it could be a terrific product. I need to use something which gives the hair a bit more weight.