NYX Professional Makeup ultimate warm neutrals

NYX Professional Makeup ultimate warm neutrals

3.7

on 8/10/2018 8:59:00 AM

Some colors are nice, but they aren't really blendable overall and the shimmer shades are weak when used dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

The NYX Warm Neutrals palette has quickly become a staple in my makeup routine.

I originally purchased this palette because I wanted to try warm tones, and maybe I'm biased because this palette helped me realize that warm tones are indeed more flattering on me. But this palette is also a near dupe of Urban Decay Naked Heat, for those interested.

Although the swatches are unimpressive, the shadows perform beautifully on eyelids over eyeshadow primer (which I absolutely need for my oily eyelids). The mattes are pigmented and easy to blend, and this has great transition shades. I reach for the orangey shade in the last row, the brown shade above it, and the matte red the most, they're such perfect transition shades for brown skin. The shimmers aren't quite as good as the mattes. They are indeed very smooth, but need to be layered a bit more to achieve the most impact. I tend to apply them using my fingers.

I think the only problematic shade is the rose gold in the second row. It fades faster than the other shimmers and takes more layering to even get to the rose goldiness. I also tend to stay away from the first row in general, as the two bone-coloured mattes are a bit chalkier than the other mattes, and the two shimmers on top are too pale for my taste. The bottom twelve shades are all great, though. I use the mattes almost every day from this palette, and the coppery red shimmer is my favourite shade.

Overall, I think this palette has an easy-to-use formula. The mattes are a staple, and the shimmers are wonderful when built up. It's a very versatile palette and it's easy to create everyday and bold looks.

I love this drugstore palette! It is better than many high end palettes out there. I bought it after being disappointed and returning the Too Faced white peach palette. The top reasons why I love it are: compact size that is easy for travel and store in general, shadows are easy to blend without any fallout or chalkiness. Colours are nice and neutral. There are only 3 out of 16 that don't work with my green eyes, the red coppery ones in 3rd/4th rows. I also love that I can create a FULL look without having to reach for another palette! The price is a bit steep for drugstore ~$23 CAD but given the quality, nice packaging and the fact that I can use almost all colours I don't mind. I do have to say that for me this palette gives very neutral looks, for everyday kind if look. I would not use it for special occasions with the exception of dipping into some of these shades for base or to blend out the crease.

on 2/26/2018 8:09:00 PM

This palette is a workhorse. I reach for it nearly every day at least for a base or transition shade, if not an entire look. The price is right, they blend well, and the majority of the shadows have good color payoff and last on my lids all day long. There are a few of the shimmery shades that I just plain dislike because the colors don't speak to me, and I might scrape them out so I don't have to look at them, but I get use out of every single matte shade and half the shimmers, and for a 16 pan palette that cost about $18 that is pretty darn good.

Also, there are a few shades in this palette that are nearly dupes of beige/brown/orange shades in the Modern Renaissance palette, just more muted. This personally works in my favor since brighter colors don't look so good on my skin. Just something to consider.

I wouldn't repurchase this just because I don't like being faced with so many colors at once, and I think in the future I could find a smaller neutral palette in which ALL the colors speak to me. But it has definitely helped me figure out what sort of neutrals really work for me and what color families I should steer toward.

on 1/31/2018 11:09:00 AM

This palette is relatively pricey here in Canada, well over 20$. The 16 pans are relatively small, and vary in quality. The third row is relatively pigmented, and overall most of the lighter shimmery shadows have decent pigment, but the matte shadows not quite as much. Nevertheless, they blend beautifully and when applied over primer can be used to create a variety of pretty warm looks. I am just a little bit disappointed in these considering the price tag. There are other palettes out there (such as BH cosmetics) that are highly pigmented for much cheaper.

Top Rated Eye Shadow