Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20

Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3.Inactive Ingredients: Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Propanediol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo) Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylene Brassylate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl Ppg-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa (Wu-Zhu-Yu) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Retinyl Palmitate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bht, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 7/18/2018 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So before I started using the new CYO Lifeproof foundation this was my everyday foundation. I have sensitive, dehydrated-oily skin with acne and acne scars. I was intrigued when I saw that Physicians Formula was coming out with a new liquid foundation with an expanded shade range compared to their other limited shade options. This foundation has a very creamy and emollioant texture initially, but once it is blended out onto the skin it feels light weight. The finish is natural and skin like- but not satin or dewy. The coverage is a solid medium, but it doesn't build up too much. I also find that either a beauty sponge or a flat top foundation brush works well with this. Never broke me out either. Lasting power is also pretty good, about 8 hours. My one problem with it is the packaging. It has a doe foot applicator that is meant to distribute the product on the face. As many of you know this is quite unsanitary especially for us who struggle with acne. I suspect that when the bottle starts running low it will be difficult to get all the product out. And while I do give PF props for expanding their shade range, the shades are not perfect. I used "LW2" in the winter and "LN3" in the summer. LN3 doesn't suit my undertones (yellow-beige) and looks a bit pink on me, but LW2 is far too light. Overall I still love this makeup and will continue to use it, but the CYO one may be my new go to for my work days.

on 7/10/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I never thought I would like another foundation more than my Vanish by Hourglass, until trying this foundation. I love the fact that it is light weight and buidable. I have a combination skin that is very dehydrated and The Healthy foundation does not seem to exacerbate it. I love the creamy texture and find it very easy to apply with a BB or with my fingers. The color DW2 is the perfect shade for me, it suits my yellow undertones perfectly. However, i have to say that there should be more colors available for people with extremely fair and deep skin tones. This line seems to be focused on fair to medium colors. Im also in love with the formulation; it contains HA and Chinese Wu Zhu Yu and does not contain parabens, gluten and fragrance, plus it is vegan.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I believe I have found my favorite drugstore foundation! I have one more I would like to try but so far this is it. This foundation doesn't look cakey at all on me. It just looks like skin. It has a satin finish when applied with a sponge and I only tried using a sponge since it's my preferred application. Didn't notice any oxidation on me. This is the only drugstore foundation I've tried that didn't exaggerate my smile lines like others I've tried. Didn't exaggerate my pores. Stays on for about 8 hrs for me but I have dry skin and I do use a primer before hand and a setting spray afterwards. It looked even better as the day worn on.
I just wish there were more shades. I have to mix 2 shades to get a good match, MN3 and DC1. DC1 Is supposed to be cool but on me it doesn't look pink. And I'm around NC 35-40 with slight olive skintone. I have a love and hate relationship with the doe foot applicator though. I love that I could just apply to my face with the applicator without having to get my hands dirty but it might be hard to get most of the foundation out when you get near the bottom.
There's a scent but it's not overwhelming for me and I no longer notice it after I finish applying the rest of my makeup.
When I wore this out the first time, my nice commented that my face looked more glowy. I didn't change anything in my routine except for using this foundation. So definitely a plus if it's due to the foundation.
All in all, I do love this foundations and have already bought a backup. I actually am thinking about sticking with this foundations and not buy a high end foundation I have my eyes on and which I've also had a sample to try.

on 6/23/2018 9:06:00 PM

This is definitely one of the best drugstore foundations out there. I do need to use a primer beforehand or it enhances my pores. I blend it in with a brush, for some reason when applied with a sponge blender it looks like shiny paint on my face. This foundation doesn't last very long, 5-6 hours tops, but it does have a lovely, satiny, natural finish when properly blended into skin. It doesn't oxidise and doesn't get cakey with time. LW2 is a good match for me. Coverage is medium, probably buildable (never checked, don't need to.)

I am not crazy about the doe foot applicator because it's really hard to get the exact amount of foundation out of bottle. Other than that, the bottle is really pretty and looks like a high-end product. It's not my favorite foundation, but I like it a lot and will probably repurchase when I run out, especially since it's not expensive and is available in a least 6 stores in my area.

I am about NC15-20 and bought LW2. It is a perfect match (in sunlight). I am 31 with dehydrated skin. So my skin typically sucks the moisture out of my foundation causing it to be cakey.

If you have that problem try this foundation. It didn't settle into fine lines and even my more prominent laugh lines were barely showing. I look satin matte to start with which turned into a glow as the day went on. I didn't really get shiny but I don't tend to produce enough oil for that to be a problem.

My orange rind pores weren't obvious and over all I really like this so far. I think I need to play with it more and figure out application. You will need a concealer for under eyes, acne and any other imperfections. It did even out my skin and I liked how I looked. The only way I was even a teeny tiny bit disappointed was in the coverage over my acne. But that's what concealer is for.

I'll update this in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation. I reccomend getting it from walmart instead of target because walmart has a much bigger shade selection and sometimes coupons for $3 off. It has a natural satin finish and is somewhat buildable. I would say it is no more than medium coverage. Also the bottle is gorgeous and looks kind of dior-ish.

Update:I started wearing wet n wild photofinish again and while that is good, I love the PF way more and plan on buying a lighter shade when my summer tan wears off.

on 6/6/2018 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful foundation. I really love the finish. I have an oily tzone. After a really long day, it did not break down too much, but it could feel it on my skin more than my other foundations. I couldn't wait to wash my face. Also, I had to blot and powder a few times especially my nose. I have 2 other foundations that I can get away without powdering or I can live w/o powdering. With this foundation, I totally had to blot and powder because my tzone got super shiny. I purchased this in color MW2 and it was a great match for me right now as I have a slight tan. I would only wear this on a day that isn't a 12 hour day.

I find this foundation to be an excellent choice for my aging skin. It has enough coverage and is almost immediately absorbed and does not settle into lines. It is so natural looking. I was fortunate to pick a good match on the first try - LN4. I picked up a second bottle in LN3 by accident and it doesn't match as well, but does not appear to be paler - which completely confuses me. Wouldn't it be great if there was a key that told how each shade compares to the rest and what the undertones are? I didn't really notice the smell until I read the complaints online. It dissipates quickly and is not offensive to me. I am not a fan of the doe foot applicator but do not find it to be a problem. I agree that a pump would be preferable. I hope Physician's Formula keeps this in their line.

on 5/30/2018 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a great ever day foundation. Unfortunately quite a few of the darker shades must be ordered from the website. Shade DN4 seems to be the darkest shade carried in stores. My shade DPW4 isn’t. Nice soft matte finish and moderately long wearing. I can get a good 6 hours of wear before it starts to break down on my oily skin. Not a foundation I’d wear to work during a 12 hour shift or an event but great for casual wear.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation overall. The shade LN3 matched my skin perfectly, but dried too dark. LW2 seemed the wrong undertone at first, but when it's blended and dried it's a perfect match for my skin.

Pros:
- good coverage - a true medium to full
- soft, demi-matte fibush
- doesn't break me out or leave me greasy
- even at full price is reasonably affordable, but often goes on sale

Cons:
- weird doe foot applicator is a pain
- smells kind of like paint at first - like the wet n wild photofocus