Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20

Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3.Inactive Ingredients: Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Propanediol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo) Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylene Brassylate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl Ppg-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa (Wu-Zhu-Yu) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Retinyl Palmitate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bht, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 12/9/2018 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Based on the reviews here I was so eager to try this. maybe I got a bad bottle, but for one thing, the applicator hardly picked up much product, so I had to go back several times to get the equivalent of a normal "pump"-sized amount. But the smell! My god. Like putty, or something equally chemically, and it took over 30 minutes to dissipate. Once it did, I had the feeling that something was literally pulling all the moisture out of my skin. Washed it right off and applied massive quantities of moisturizer. This is going back.

on 11/27/2018 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this foundation a lot. I normally go for light, very natural coverage -- I'm fine with a few freckles or a little bit of redness showing through. I find this foundation to be medium coverage so I use it sparingly by applying a tiny dot to each cheek (to cover some of the redness), and one dot on my chin. If you prefer full coverage, I believe this formula is easily buildable. The foundation applies with a large doe foot applicator and once I've dotted it on, I use a trusty old Elf foundation blurring brush to blend it in, though I believe any dense foundation brush would work just fine. It looks soft and skin like and the finish is natural on me. I don't find it to be too glowy or too matte. It pairs nicely with any sunscreen that I use beneath it and it plays nicely with any finishing powders that I use. I know some people have experienced bad luck with the staying power of this foundation, but luckily the complete opposite is true for me! In fact, one of the reasons I like this formula so much is because it stays put when I am working a twelve hour shift and it doesn't break down or go patchy, though your mileage may vary. I only recently purchased this and I've been using it for a month. I'm only pointing that out because I am 43 with drier skin, and any foundation lasts on me in the cold. I have not worn this in the summer when anything I try just melts off my face. All in all, I like this formula and I would repurchase. The worst thing about Physician's Formula is their shade range which is terribly lacking, but you may want to give it a try if you can find your match.

on 11/7/2018 7:51:00 PM

Incredible!! Especially for my more mature skin. Jessican Braun said it was an exact dupe for La Mer. She raved about it. I actually think it's better. I tried La Mer and just wasn't in love with it and yes, the price tag didn't help. Wears better throughout the day. Skin looks better and better. My skin looks smooth and flawless.Very happy.

on 9/18/2018 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up on clearance, but had seen some reviews on YouTube that had my interest piqued. I am 43 with normal to dry skin. I am fair with freckles, NW15 in MAC, and I bought this in LN3, which is an excellent shade match for me. This doesn't oxidize on me at all (although I rarely have that problem with foundations). This applies beautifully, blends nicely, and the finish is extremely pretty - a natural satin, skinlike finish that reminds me of Lancome Teint Miracle or Teint Visionnaire. I would call this a light to medium coverage, I definitely do not think it is full coverage as claimed. It wears well throughout an entire workday, although I always set my foundations lightly with powder & use a setting spray. It does have an odd, vaguely chemical scent.. It doesn't bother me, I do not notice it after application, and even in the bottle it's faint, but it is there. The packaging is a heavy glass bottle with a silver cap that IMHO looks comparable to Dior or Lancome. Applicator is a doe foot. I'm not a big fan of that and I would prefer a pump. I do find that sometimes when replacing the lid, the doe foot going into the bottle causes some splash back, and that's frustrating. For those reasons, I give this 3 stars on packaging. I also love mixing this with a little bit of It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination for a little more glow, and the staying power is still excellent. Overall this is a beautiful foundation from the drugstore, and I plan on purchasing a backup.

on 9/8/2018 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I was lucky to wander into a closing Rite Aid, so of course I took the opportunity to try EVERYTHING since it was like 60% off. This foundation is ordinarily about $16, so not totally outside my price range, especially with coupons and sales.

The packaging! It is a big honking heavy beautiful glass bottle. Looks like Dior. Absolutely travel-unfriendly.

I did not expect a large doe-foot wand inside. But there it is. I use it to swipe product on my face, which I then blend in with my fingers. It smells a little weird, but the smell dissipates almost immediately.

It blends and wears beautifully. The coverage is decent, but not like a mask. The finish is not so dewy that it REQUIRES powder, but I prefer dewy to matte. I still use powder. I am a little surprised that I got a good match just by comparing bottles, but PF doesn't have a huge range of colors in this (or any other) foundation product. I do not see any oxidation, which is always a risk. It wears well with powder, but not as long as Revlon Colorstay. I like it very much!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The cons first, because ultimately I would not recommend this product:

This makeup turned into a soupy mess on my face by midday. Slid around and exacerbated my oil problem. I even tried with a setting powder, but no luck.

The packaging - dispenses by a weird foam tipped wand, like a giant lip gloss? The wand does nothing to help blend the foundation, you just use it to smear the product on like it's a little spatula and then you have to blend in with your fingers or sponge. Gross.

The pros:

The formula did not irritate my sensitive skin.

Was able to find a match for my very light skin.

Might be good for very dry skin types.

This is so flattering when first applied but doesn't last. I've tried different primers and setting powders, but nothing makes it stay beautiful. Within 5 hours, it's broken down in a pretty major way. It is not very practical for me to wear because it doesn't last through the day.

on 8/3/2018 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this at Rite Aid during a 75 percent off sale. There were limited cool colors so I bought the one I thought would work. I looked like Casper! However, I noticed that the applicator was very much like Shape Tape which I love, but it takes some work to look good. Hmmm -- tried this as an under eye concealer and it's amazing! Doesn't crease, settle into fine lines, isn't drying and (on me) requires no powder to set. I apply with fingers, finishing by pressing into skin. This looks like real skin. I usually don't wear foundation and this works well without. I might try to find a matching color for my face because this looks so natural.

on 7/18/2018 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So before I started using the new CYO Lifeproof foundation this was my everyday foundation. I have sensitive, dehydrated-oily skin with acne and acne scars. I was intrigued when I saw that Physicians Formula was coming out with a new liquid foundation with an expanded shade range compared to their other limited shade options. This foundation has a very creamy and emollioant texture initially, but once it is blended out onto the skin it feels light weight. The finish is natural and skin like- but not satin or dewy. The coverage is a solid medium, but it doesn't build up too much. I also find that either a beauty sponge or a flat top foundation brush works well with this. Never broke me out either. Lasting power is also pretty good, about 8 hours. My one problem with it is the packaging. It has a doe foot applicator that is meant to distribute the product on the face. As many of you know this is quite unsanitary especially for us who struggle with acne. I suspect that when the bottle starts running low it will be difficult to get all the product out. And while I do give PF props for expanding their shade range, the shades are not perfect. I used "LW2" in the winter and "LN3" in the summer. LN3 doesn't suit my undertones (yellow-beige) and looks a bit pink on me, but LW2 is far too light. Overall I still love this makeup and will continue to use it, but the CYO one may be my new go to for my work days.

on 7/10/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I never thought I would like another foundation more than my Vanish by Hourglass, until trying this foundation. I love the fact that it is light weight and buidable. I have a combination skin that is very dehydrated and The Healthy foundation does not seem to exacerbate it. I love the creamy texture and find it very easy to apply with a BB or with my fingers. The color DW2 is the perfect shade for me, it suits my yellow undertones perfectly. However, i have to say that there should be more colors available for people with extremely fair and deep skin tones. This line seems to be focused on fair to medium colors. Im also in love with the formulation; it contains HA and Chinese Wu Zhu Yu and does not contain parabens, gluten and fragrance, plus it is vegan.