73%
package quality

price range

Reviews

10 days ago

This is a really nice foundation. I’d call it a medium coverage natural finish foundation. It holds up pretty well on me and does get a little dewy but not unbearably so. It never makes me flaky so it’s a good one for when I’ve over used actives in my skin care. It doesn’t emphasize texture. It is more of a medium coverage but that also means it looks more skin like. I feel like my skin looks pretty but not perfect with it on. I am very acne prone but my skin actually improves when I use this foundation. I can wear this weeks on end and not break out, which is extremely rare for me. There is a really good color match for me. The packaging is a little weird and I don’t think very hygienic. I’d much prefer a bottle with a pump. This is one of my favorite foundations currently.

About reviewer (554 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

5 months ago

Very natural looking. I have very oily skin, but this foundation doesn't make me produce more oil, nor does it make me look super mate.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

5 months ago

At first I didn't like it. It smelled funny and it didn't match my skin right because of the poor shade range in my local store. But when I gave it another go I started to like this more and more every time. I have the shade LC1. It's medium coverage so it's not the end of the world when you don't get the shade JUST right and it left my skin so beautiful, natural, satin like. It's like my skin but better. I never knew I needed it but now I can not live without it. For my dry skin it's so nicely hydrating, doesn't cling on to dry patches, and you get used to the smell and it doesn't linger. Love the product, the bottle and knowing that it's good for my skin is just the cherry on top. Overall I love it, recommend it!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

5 months ago

I have a plethora of things I'd like to cover, as well as fussy skin that really doesn't know what type it wants to be. I'm cautiously optimistic that this might be a holy Grail foundation, but I'm very picky and foundation has a way of going south on me after the weather changes or if I've had the bottle for a few months. (I don't go through foundation very quickly.) For starters, I have combination skin that gets dry on the cheeks and somewhat oily in the t-zone, although matte-finish foundation makes me look dry and dead. I'm 44 and have enlarged pores, redness, and some lines and plenty of sebaceous hyperplasia on my forehead. My skin doesn't like matte foundation but anything too hydrating makes me look like a total crater face. I've tried so many foundations (dear reader, haven't we all?) trying to find that balance of hydration, long wear, and a natural looking finish. A tall order, for sure. Pros: -Natural matte/satin finish -looks smooth on dry patches/doesn't emphasize texture -blurs pores -covers redness -relatively long-lasting Con: -the applicator. A doefoot wand. Grrr. I will the lightest shade FC1 and it's a perfect match. Bear in mind that I'm not super fair: I'm NW15-20. The shade range isn't abysmal, at 24 shades, but if you're very pale your SOL. I'd say this has medium coverage in one thin layer, and balances out my redness so well I usually stop there, but it layers well when I build it up. It doesn't move around, oxidize, or disappear within a few hours, but I wouldn't say it's a longwear foundation. I probably get about six hours of really fresh-looking wear, then it starts to fade, but still looks really good for a few more hours. The most remarkable thing about it is how skin-like it looks. You truly don't see "foundation". Even though it works well on my dry patches, it's not very hydrating, so bear that in mind, my dry skinned friends. Basically this ticks all my boxes except: that stupid doefoot applicator. Why? Why do companies think that's an efficient or sanitary way to apply makeup? Like I want to transfer bacteria, oils, and skin cells to my foundation bottle-ick! This is easily solved by wiping the applicator on my Real Techniques sponge, but it's still annoying. All in all, I'm really infatuated with this foundation. Hopefully it's true love.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 months ago

To start, the foundation blends, and applies smoothly. It's a medium coverage which is easily buildable. I found a really accurate color match and to top it off my skin looks healthier and plumper after using this for the past 3 weeks, which is how long I waited to write this review. So I know that I have something sitting on my face all day that is actually helping my skin. Just a tip: If you set it by pressing the powder in, instead of a brush, and spritz some setting spray let it dry and press that in as well with a puff it will last all day no problem (this goes for practically all foundations). The packaging is GORGEOUS and high-end looking. Looks better on my vanity than my more expensive mac and becca foundations. And it brings a lot of product. I also love the applicator because I avoid wasting product like I do so many times with pumps. I think spf 30 and above for every day is too much but that's just me; so I love that this foundation is SPF 20 which is the perfect spf for me and I can forgo using spf creams on my face which burn my eyes. I truly have nothing negative to say about this except the smell, but the more you use it the more it disappears. I don't even smell it now, but the first couple of times you use it it's strong. Goes away after application though so it's no big deal. I suspect it's the wu zu yu extract and they didn't add fragrance to the product to mask the smell because it can irritate people's skin so this is actually a good thing. PS: For the people who are complaining about shade ranges, a tip is to purchase it online. On amazon or on their website, they have 24 shades. Also Ulta carries the best shade range if you don't want to wait to order. Unfortunately PS has extremely limited shelf space compared to the other giants so they usually only have like 5-6 shades at the store. But they make less money in order to remain ethical and keep their products healthy and high quality so let's support them.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0
from

8 months ago

I kept hearing rave reviews on how wonderful this foundation is so I picked up a bottle at CVS. I got shade MN4. This shade be a tad dark on me but I can usually make it work. Upon removing the protective film I noticed that the formula was super dry & crusty at very top of the bottle. I checked the exp date & looks like it was due to expire in about 2 months. I gave the bottle a good shake & just tried to make it work anyway. I placed the doe foot applicator on my cheeks & immediately got a whiff of the strong licorice scent. Ewww I loathe licorice but I know scents tend to dissipate so I still pushed thru it. The formula must’ve gone really bad (even tho it was sealed cuz all I could smell throughout the day was licorice & chemicals. I had to wash it off even tho I was at work. I was bummed to be bare faced in the office. I went back to CVS to exchange my faulty bottle but they didn’t have my shade. There was one bottle that was already opened so I took s peekz the formula in that bottle looked promising but I don’t think I’ll repurchase cuz I can’t stand the smell of this foundation. I guess butter bronzer will remain my fav PF product for now

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 months ago

Usually, I’m a die-hard tinted sunscreen-only person. Lately, I’ve been noticing a few brown spots from early tanning, and a few broken capillaries. While contemplating IPL, I decided to venture into a bit more coverage. I have a bottle of Luminous Silk by Armani around in shade #6, which is a good match for my NC40 skin, but I wanted something a bit more matte with sunscreen. In Target, trying to use the MUA app, I decided on this. It only has spf 20, but at least it’s something. The shade range isn’t wonderful; I went with MW2, which is ok, maybe a tad light; I should have bought MN4, but it wasn’t available. It’s a terrific foundation. Light, pretty matte, NO settling into fine lines (I’m 52,) and wears beautifully. I’m a veterinarian, and 14 hours after application in a hospital setting it still looked nice. I set it with a powder (EA Cerimide) and touch up with Cle de Peau in ochre. I’m impressed. I don’t think I’ll go looking for a high-end foundation; this one fits the bill.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

10 months ago

Love it! Pros: -Doesn't emphasize my pores or texture -Satin finish -Healthy glow -Feels light -Though one application is usually all I need, it is buildable! -Great price -Evens out complexion -Long lasting! Cons: -My only complaint is that even the lightest shade is a smidge dark for me. :/ It's not a huge deal as I can always use a foundation mixer to lighten it up or wait until I get a little tan, but it would be nice if they expanded their shade range! - The built-in applicator could be considered a con for some, but it doesn't bother me. I always apply to a clean face & if I do need a touch up, i just blot or use my setting powder to correct! I've never had to do a full face touch up.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

a year ago

I’m so conflicted. Sometimes it goes on fine and looks great. Other times (I think maybe if I don’t shake it thoroughly enough?) it oxidizes very orange on me. The wear and finish are beautiful, and I think the coverage is good. If the color match was more consistent for me I would definitely rate it higher.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

If I didn’t have oily skin this product would be a total 5 out of 5 lippies for me! This applies beautifully and sits on the skin like skin. I always love how my skin looks after application and I can see this being a dry girl/guy’s dream! Where it lost the lippie is that because I have oily skin AND live in a warm, humid climate - this foundation looks oily about about three hours into the work day and I have to be on top of blotting it with oil absorbing sheets or it starts to wear down. I have other foundations that definitely wear longer on my skin and normally, the oil break through would be a total deal breaker for me; however, this is one of the only foundations I can blot with an oil sheet and the foundation goes back to how it looked originally at application - amazing. It’s magic and what makes me want to keep using it. I know for a fact I won’t be able to wear this in the summer months because it won’t last on me. But because I love how good it looks after application and I don’t mind dabbing it with an oil absorbing sheet throughout the day to maintain it - I will totally hold on to this for cooler months or even try to find a mattifying primer that could possibly bring this to the next level (if I do find that primer I’ll be back to update). I would definitely recommend trying!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure