Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20

Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3.Inactive Ingredients: Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Propanediol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo) Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylene Brassylate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl Ppg-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa (Wu-Zhu-Yu) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Retinyl Palmitate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bht, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 9/18/2018 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up on clearance, but had seen some reviews on YouTube that had my interest piqued. I am 43 with normal to dry skin. I am fair with freckles, NW15 in MAC, and I bought this in LN3, which is an excellent shade match for me. This doesn't oxidize on me at all (although I rarely have that problem with foundations). This applies beautifully, blends nicely, and the finish is extremely pretty - a natural satin, skinlike finish that reminds me of Lancome Teint Miracle or Teint Visionnaire. I would call this a light to medium coverage, I definitely do not think it is full coverage as claimed. It wears well throughout an entire workday, although I always set my foundations lightly with powder & use a setting spray. It does have an odd, vaguely chemical scent.. It doesn't bother me, I do not notice it after application, and even in the bottle it's faint, but it is there. The packaging is a heavy glass bottle with a silver cap that IMHO looks comparable to Dior or Lancome. Applicator is a doe foot. I'm not a big fan of that and I would prefer a pump. I do find that sometimes when replacing the lid, the doe foot going into the bottle causes some splash back, and that's frustrating. For those reasons, I give this 3 stars on packaging. Overall this is a beautiful foundation from the drugstore, and I plan on purchasing a backup.

on 9/8/2018 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I was lucky to wander into a closing Rite Aid, so of course I took the opportunity to try EVERYTHING since it was like 60% off. This foundation is ordinarily about $16, so not totally outside my price range, especially with coupons and sales.

The packaging! It is a big honking heavy beautiful glass bottle. Looks like Dior. Absolutely travel-unfriendly.

I did not expect a large doe-foot wand inside. But there it is. I use it to swipe product on my face, which I then blend in with my fingers. It smells a little weird, but the smell dissipates almost immediately.

It blends and wears beautifully. The coverage is decent, but not like a mask. The finish is not so dewy that it REQUIRES powder, but I prefer dewy to matte. I still use powder. I am a little surprised that I got a good match just by comparing bottles, but PF doesn't have a huge range of colors in this (or any other) foundation product. I do not see any oxidation, which is always a risk. It wears well with powder, but not as long as Revlon Colorstay. I like it very much!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The cons first, because ultimately I would not recommend this product:

This makeup turned into a soupy mess on my face by midday. Slid around and exacerbated my oil problem. I even tried with a setting powder, but no luck.

The packaging - dispenses by a weird foam tipped wand, like a giant lip gloss? The wand does nothing to help blend the foundation, you just use it to smear the product on like it's a little spatula and then you have to blend in with your fingers or sponge. Gross.

The pros:

The formula did not irritate my sensitive skin.

Was able to find a match for my very light skin.

Might be good for very dry skin types.

This is so flattering when first applied but doesn't last. I've tried different primers and setting powders, but nothing makes it stay beautiful. Within 5 hours, it's broken down in a pretty major way. It is not very practical for me to wear because it doesn't last through the day.

on 8/3/2018 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this at Rite Aid during a 75 percent off sale. There were limited cool colors so I bought the one I thought would work. I looked like Casper! However, I noticed that the applicator was very much like Shape Tape which I love, but it takes some work to look good. Hmmm -- tried this as an under eye concealer and it's amazing! Doesn't crease, settle into fine lines, isn't drying and (on me) requires no powder to set. I apply with fingers, finishing by pressing into skin. This looks like real skin. I usually don't wear foundation and this works well without. I might try to find a matching color for my face because this looks so natural.

on 7/18/2018 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So before I started using the new CYO Lifeproof foundation this was my everyday foundation. I have sensitive, dehydrated-oily skin with acne and acne scars. I was intrigued when I saw that Physicians Formula was coming out with a new liquid foundation with an expanded shade range compared to their other limited shade options. This foundation has a very creamy and emollioant texture initially, but once it is blended out onto the skin it feels light weight. The finish is natural and skin like- but not satin or dewy. The coverage is a solid medium, but it doesn't build up too much. I also find that either a beauty sponge or a flat top foundation brush works well with this. Never broke me out either. Lasting power is also pretty good, about 8 hours. My one problem with it is the packaging. It has a doe foot applicator that is meant to distribute the product on the face. As many of you know this is quite unsanitary especially for us who struggle with acne. I suspect that when the bottle starts running low it will be difficult to get all the product out. And while I do give PF props for expanding their shade range, the shades are not perfect. I used "LW2" in the winter and "LN3" in the summer. LN3 doesn't suit my undertones (yellow-beige) and looks a bit pink on me, but LW2 is far too light. Overall I still love this makeup and will continue to use it, but the CYO one may be my new go to for my work days.

on 7/10/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I never thought I would like another foundation more than my Vanish by Hourglass, until trying this foundation. I love the fact that it is light weight and buidable. I have a combination skin that is very dehydrated and The Healthy foundation does not seem to exacerbate it. I love the creamy texture and find it very easy to apply with a BB or with my fingers. The color DW2 is the perfect shade for me, it suits my yellow undertones perfectly. However, i have to say that there should be more colors available for people with extremely fair and deep skin tones. This line seems to be focused on fair to medium colors. Im also in love with the formulation; it contains HA and Chinese Wu Zhu Yu and does not contain parabens, gluten and fragrance, plus it is vegan.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I believe I have found my favorite drugstore foundation! I have one more I would like to try but so far this is it. This foundation doesn't look cakey at all on me. It just looks like skin. It has a satin finish when applied with a sponge and I only tried using a sponge since it's my preferred application. Didn't notice any oxidation on me. This is the only drugstore foundation I've tried that didn't exaggerate my smile lines like others I've tried. Didn't exaggerate my pores. Stays on for about 8 hrs for me but I have dry skin and I do use a primer before hand and a setting spray afterwards. It looked even better as the day worn on.
I just wish there were more shades. I have to mix 2 shades to get a good match, MN3 and DC1. DC1 Is supposed to be cool but on me it doesn't look pink. And I'm around NC 35-40 with slight olive skintone. I have a love and hate relationship with the doe foot applicator though. I love that I could just apply to my face with the applicator without having to get my hands dirty but it might be hard to get most of the foundation out when you get near the bottom.
There's a scent but it's not overwhelming for me and I no longer notice it after I finish applying the rest of my makeup.
When I wore this out the first time, my nice commented that my face looked more glowy. I didn't change anything in my routine except for using this foundation. So definitely a plus if it's due to the foundation.
All in all, I do love this foundations and have already bought a backup. I actually am thinking about sticking with this foundations and not buy a high end foundation I have my eyes on and which I've also had a sample to try.

on 6/23/2018 9:06:00 PM

This is definitely one of the best drugstore foundations out there. I do need to use a primer beforehand or it enhances my pores. I blend it in with a brush, for some reason when applied with a sponge blender it looks like shiny paint on my face. This foundation doesn't last very long, 5-6 hours tops, but it does have a lovely, satiny, natural finish when properly blended into skin. It doesn't oxidise and doesn't get cakey with time. LW2 is a good match for me. Coverage is medium, probably buildable (never checked, don't need to.)

I am not crazy about the doe foot applicator because it's really hard to get the exact amount of foundation out of bottle. Other than that, the bottle is really pretty and looks like a high-end product. It's not my favorite foundation, but I like it a lot and will probably repurchase when I run out, especially since it's not expensive and is available in a least 6 stores in my area.

I am about NC15-20 and bought LW2. It is a perfect match (in sunlight). I am 31 with dehydrated skin. So my skin typically sucks the moisture out of my foundation causing it to be cakey.

If you have that problem try this foundation. It didn't settle into fine lines and even my more prominent laugh lines were barely showing. I look satin matte to start with which turned into a glow as the day went on. I didn't really get shiny but I don't tend to produce enough oil for that to be a problem.

My orange rind pores weren't obvious and over all I really like this so far. I think I need to play with it more and figure out application. You will need a concealer for under eyes, acne and any other imperfections. It did even out my skin and I liked how I looked. The only way I was even a teeny tiny bit disappointed was in the coverage over my acne. But that's what concealer is for.

I'll update this in the future.