Olay Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub

Olay Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub

2.5

on 5/24/2018 1:39:00 PM

I got this in a sample with a few other Total Effects products, and I love it. The scent is gentle and citrus-y, there is good cleansing action that removes makeup and oil, and the exfoliation leaves my skin feeling super soft. I don't think it's something I would use both day and night every day, but for a good scrubbed-clean feeling, I like it, and ever since using it, I think my skin looks brighter and less dull. I can't give it a perfect rating because I do think it's a little much for constant use, and the exfoliating agent is tough to rinse away completely without a little effort.

on 10/25/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This claims to be a daily facial "cleanser". The only product that I can compare it to in look and texture is the Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser. However that is where the comparison ends! This scrub/cleanser is not gentle enough to use every day. It isn't because it feels harsh, it's because it makes your skin burn! It also has this weird cooling feeling on the face when you apply it, but once rinsed off, the burning feeling starts. I usually apply retinol after I cleanse, but the first time I did this, my face was really uncomfortable. I thought I should give it a week to see if my skin settled down and got used to it, but it never did. I even tried putting Nivea cream (blue tin) on my face after cleansing with this, but my skin still burned. Now I do not react to much. I am a long time retinol, AHA, Vitamin C user, so my skin is very tolerant. The scrub itself is orange and it is grainy but with soft grains, not the harsh grains like the original St Ives scrub. I just cannot recommend this. Way better products out there that will not cause this level of discomfort.