Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Prism

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Prism

3.9

This palette is fun and gives many options to create different looks. I admire the versatility offers. The colors are beautiful, a couple dual chrome, matte, and metallic shades. It's a mix and match of cool and warm tones but I find that cool and warm tone can look beautiful paired! The packaging is the same as their other palettes- velvet feel. Only con would be the shade Osiris. Very patchy and the color pay off did not meet my expectation.

on 11/14/2017 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this palette. I have crazy oily eyelids and lots of space between my lash and brow. I pair this with my Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base. The matte shades are beautiful and creamy: there is a lot of pick up on these shades, but I just use a lighter hand and dust off the excess so there is no fallout. Sphere, however, is very chalky. I really love the colors of the duo-chromes and shimmers, but they have to be applied with my fingers or else they have no pigment and only shimmer show up on my eyes and swatches. I like the shades, but they do not last 12 hours (the mattes do!) Osiris is also a very tricky color to apply and wear, but more play time will fix that. I’m glad I bought this because it has all the shades I wanted and then some fun ones to try!

I had mostly discounted this palette because the colors were not speaking to me online, but Ulta had 20% off and 5x points so I decided to give it a try. I am very surprised to find myself really enjoying it. The shimmers are most impactful applied wet or with a finger, but they are beautiful. I love Dimiension, Spnix, Throne, and Osiris. The mattes are also great, especially Eden, Lure, and Saturn. The wear time on me is 8+ hours (I always apply primer). I would repurchase this palette for the shimmers alone. Other ABH palettes I own are MR, Mario, and Self Made, and believe it or not it looks like I will get the most use out of Prism. While wearing it, I think "it's a good makeup day" and that is saying a lot.

The Bad: packaging (velvet, ugh), the color Sphere is very powdery but looks good as a transition.

on 10/12/2017 4:21:00 AM

So I bought this the moment it was released because I personally think their products are amazing and I honestly believe the MR palette is one of the best out there. Although subculture was a little bit of a let down for me in terms of blendability I had to try Prism, especially after seeing the swatches. The colours are just beautiful and straight away there are so many different eye looks to work with. The shade Sphere just screams at me! This palette is definitely an improvement from subculture in the sense that the shadows are easier to blend and there's less fall out. There is however, a shadow that I'm not keen on which is Lucid (the white one) I found that it didn't show up very well on my skin but I haven't tried it using a wet brush as of yet, so maybe that will make a difference. The glittery shades are ever so pigmented and go on like a dream even more so with a wet brush.
The only thing that I'm not loving is the packaging itself, all three of there recent palettes have the same fluff/dirt magnet material. With this one being black, it's not going to be long before every bit of dirt shows up but I can live with that. I'm just so happy that ABH brought out another palette so soon after subculture and I 100% believe this one is worth the money. I have managed to create some stunning eye looks with this one and as always the quality is second to none! If like me, your an ABH addict you need this in your life.

on 10/24/2017 10:21:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised with this palette. I wasn’t too impressed seeing it online or in review videos but when I saw it in person I had to buy it. It’s so much prettier in person! I was/am one of the rare ones who liked the Subculture palette. But this one isn’t like it at all. Not even the looks of it. I know people compare the two but nah they’re different. Like most ABH colors if you’re not into bold colors or perhaps trying new looks then this palette might not be for you. I like different looks and bold colors so this is right up my alley. :-)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just purchased this palette a couple days ago and first things first, I LOVE THE COLORS. So I did some swatches and noticed the formula feels WAY different than modern renaissance! It's on the chalkier side for sure, and the pigmentation isn't as good either. I'm not complaining just yet because I can build up the colors that's just something I noticed off the bat. I have yet to do a look with this palette but will be doing one soon!

***Update*****
I've done a couple looks using this now and I like this palette a lot more now that I've put it to use. I still stand by what I said above, the formula is much chalkier than modern renaissance but you can still make some really pretty looks with this palette! There's a silvery white shade in this palette called "Lucid" and that's probably the only shade I don't like because I feel its hard to work with. I wasn't able to get any product on my brush so when i tried to use my finger to apply the color it came out looking almost transparent, which is very misleading because in the pan it looks like it'll be a vibrant silvery shade. Other than that one color everything else is so pretty! I love the variety of shades in this palette because it really allows me to get creative with my looks!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Prism is an extention of Subculture. Yes, they have similar shades, but really, I think they are meant to work together as one big palette - but Prism is limited edition I think. - and really they are pretty to look at together - and work well together colorwise.

Here are the colors in Prism:
Lucid: Duo chrome white gold with pink reflect
Eden: Ultra-matte coral pink
Unity: Ultra-matte nude ochre
Sphinx: Metallic warm bronze
Osiris: Metallic midnight violet with red reflect
Sphere: Ultra-matte electric green-yellow
Obsidian: Ultra-matte deep black
Dimension: Duo chrome silver-grey with pink reflect
Parallel: Ultra-matte truffle
Pyramid: Metallic yellow gold with green reflect
Throne: Metallic blackened blue-green with multicolor reflect
Saturn: Ultra-matte terracotta
Eternal: Metallic violet copper
Lure: Ultra-matte ashy lilac

The packaging is similar to Modern Rennisance and Subculture.

That being said -
I'm disappointed. Big time. I don't even know where to start. You would think I had learned my lesson after the nightmare of the Subculture Palette, but you know, every brand has at least one dud in their collection, and I do collect makeup palettes.

So, when I saw Prism, I wanted to give them another shot - and man, that was a mistake. This thing is going back. I'm done ABH. I think it's time we started seeing other people, and I just don't love you anymore.

This formula is just something I cannot work with. Now, I get some people love Subculture's formula - and more power to them, but this is terrible. Here is what I really dislike about it - and like Subculture - I tried it 3 times to make it work -

1. I already have a dent in the color Saturn, and I didn't swirl or anything. I tapped. I have a fricken dent.
2. The mattes applied crazy patchy on me. When I tried to fix it, it wasn't happening. I get the formula for mattes is hard, and some are patchy, and I can forgive this - usually - because mattes can be tricky - BUT....
3. The patchiness oxidizes. BADLY. So my eye, when I tried Saturn, looked spotted with a wierd reddish color - so it would have the terricotta on application, then it would deepen from terricotta to a dark red brown that was more marroon i think? But it would be patchy - so it would look like my eyelid had spots of light and dark maroon colored eyelids. Gross. Similar things occurred with lure and eden - it just deepended to this strange color that wasn't even a pretty color. If it were pretty it'd be different, but it was more like these fugly colors.
4. I couldn't get them to blend. God help me. The line never blended away. And the mattes, when I tried to blend the patchy mess out, they got darker, or the light ones would blend into nothingness - but that damn line would still be there where I originally put the color.
5. I tried patting the colors on with a brush - same result with the strange darkening of the pigment. I used my fingers and that seemed somewhat better, but it kept oxidizing.
6. Before anyone asks - I used 3 different primers - UDPP, Nars, and just plain ol Shape Tape NONE of them worked.

I think this will probably be my last ABH palette until they get a new formula. I just can't keep spending $42 a palette that I really can't do anything with. I'm really bummed because Modern Rennisance is amazing quality - but this... is terrible imho. To those who can use this and the formula not be a PITA - I am envious of you - because I love these colors - but i just can't work with the formula. :(

The Prism Eyeshadow Palette is another new release from Anastasia Beverly Hills. This palette contains a few matte colors and several more shimmery - metallic- like colors. Some of these are very beautiful. The matte shades are almost more like pressed pigments because they have a very light consistency. I really do like this combination of light colors for the brow bone and the darker colors to use as powder eyeliner. I will say that if you didn't like the consistency of the Subculture Palette you might not like this one either because I found them to be quite similar (which was okay with me because I liked the Subculture Palette) but I do understand that many people like a more firm eye shadow.