Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter

Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter
Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter

4.3

Dimethicone, Talc, Isododecane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Tin Oxide, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased Mean Money / Hustla Baby . I have NW18 skin tone . Hustla Baby is gorgeous. Pretty peach gold with a lot of shimmer, looks beautiful in every lighting . I use it every day and hit pan , the first time that has ever happened with a highlight. The issue is Mean Money. I am pale and it does not show up on my skin . I tried everything to get it to show up , and nothing works. I wish they sold Hustla Baby by itself, because half of this product I can't use.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have the Killawatt highlighter duo compact which has the shades Lightening Dust [left side] and Fire Crystal [right side], which look like warm-based tones of pearls in the pans - Lightening Dust has the deeper base but less shimmer, and is meant to be the softer 'everyday' half. Fire Crystal is the half with a lighter base shade, but contains more shimmer for a more intense glow.

I'll start with the good points; the shade Fire Crystal does look pretty - nothing like a intense glow and the shade is translucent on the skin, but the finely-milled powder has a pleasant wet-look gleam and the shimmer doesn't migrate over my face over the day. It'll wear for a complete working day - so that's a plus. And then we reach the 'meh' side; the only difference with the Lightening Dust half of the compact is that it contains less shimmer, because it also shows up as translucent on my skin. Because of the non-existent base and little shimmer, you can barely tell when I'm wearing it, so I only use it to set my cream highlighters and as a browbone/inner corner highlight.

Overall; the compact is not a totally bad seeing that I do use it, but I don't recommend it as it's described as being two differing shades in one compact, but they pretty much look the same once applied - and they don't match up to their appearances in their pans. cheaper products look nicer & wear just as well. It was a Christmas present so I really wanted to love it, but I'm just totally underwhelmed by it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In shade : Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby and Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal

I love the idea of this duo highlights, the more settle and the more life of party one.

I love both of them, the 'poppin' one looks glittery for me, but it still acceptable and I love it so so much.

I also use this as an eyeshadow, it works great.

I think if you want to try any fenty beauty product but not sure, try the highlighter duo one, it's great imo.

The packaging is nice as well.

on 12/26/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have this in Ginger Binge / Moscow Mule.

I've been trying hard to love this, but I just...can't. Ginger Binge is lovely, but it's too dark for a highlighter. As a blush it's beautiful but not anything particularly unique. Moscow Mule is too glittery and just enough pink to look sickly on me rather than pretty. I guess rose gold will stay as my jewelry but not my face...

You get quite a lot of product and I appreciate the two different finishes. The compact though is kinda obnoxious to open.

on 12/4/2017 5:40:00 PM

This highlighter is amazing! Great for Asian skin tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay this would usually not be my kind of highlight, as I usually prefer the subtly of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance in 01, but damn the Lightning Dust side is lightly plucking at my heart strings, as its slight metallic shift buffed out on the face is so gorgeous. I catch myself just rocking my head side to side at any reflective surface to test the sheen (its there even after a long day of work and plays nicely with my oily complexion). The Fire Crystal has fine wet glitter look and I use it more in my inner corner and top off the Lightning Dust for blingy-er cheek. This works wonderfully with my NC 25-35 skin tone.

I also played with my sister's Trophy Wife and literally stunning, nothing like the yellow sparkly stripe like the beauty gurus are making it out to be. The base is more translucent and the gold glittery particles are similar to the Fire Crystal side but very wearable, even buffs in nicely on my warm light medium skintone.

One con is the damn packaging, while appeals to my millennial geometric aesthetics, feels like I am shucking an oyster to pry open the lid, I even just leave it ajar a bit so I'm not struggling with it every morning.
Mine was $42 CAD from Sephora

on 11/29/2017 9:00:00 PM

I recently treated myself to the Fenty Beauty killawatt highlighter in Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby. One side is an intense metallic highlight and the other is a subtle natural highlight. The two shades are sooooo gorgeous. I love the subtle shade for a simple everyday look and the metallic shade for a night out. The two shades would work well as an inner corner highlight as well as an all over the lid look.

on 11/21/2017 11:12:00 AM

I've been going highlighter crazy lately and I wasn't particularly interested in the Fenty beauty highlighter but I bought one when I saw them in person at Sephora. I bought the killawat duo in lightning dust and fire crystal. I was excited to try this particular highlight because it's a pretty peach champagne shade but it's light enough for my pale skin. I love the fire crystal side because it shows up very shimmery but the lightning dust side is much more subtle, almost too subtle in that it barely shows up on me. I've found that I like this set a lot more since I started using the lightning dust side on the bridge of my nose, cupids bow, and chin where I don't want a huge highlight. Then I use the fire crystal side on the tops of my cheek bones and brow bone where I want the mega shine. I did find that the lightning dust has a beautiful soft texture and makes the skin feel super soft where it's placed. I have never used a beauty product quite like it. I just wish it had a little more shine to it. Overall, I did like this highlighter. I don't love it but I would recommend it for people who want a more natural highlighted look.

on 10/19/2017 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have two of these: one in Trophy Wife and one as a duo. They do have different textures and finishes, so if you want any of these Fenty highlighters - pick them up from a store.

I like the idea of having more of a subtle and popping highlighters right next to each other. I actually use my duo all the time: soft shade on my nose, cupid's bow, brow bone. Intense shade on my cheekbones. The latter one has a bit of shimmer in it, very sophisticated shimmer I should add, which won't look unflattering or odd - it is quite beautiful and if you can always add more/less depending on how you feel.

Trophy Wife is stunning, but for my skintone - it is more of an eyeshadow. The glow factor here is surreal; it glistens and shines like no other. It is quite glittery, more glittery than any other highlighter in the range, but if you have deeper skin tone and you want to make a statement - go for it. I have all swatches + other Fenty reviews here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/09/14/Fenty-On-The-Brain). Hope it helps somehow!

on 10/5/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Don't hate me! Somebody had to be the first one to write a crappy review about this stuff...and it looks like that somebody is me. When I saw these highlighters I just about squealed in delight. These colors are ALL so dreamy and gorgeous. My biggest worries were choosing just one to buy, and wondering if my husband would leave me if I spent a ton of money and bought them all. Thank goodness I tested this on my skin and walked around for awhile, purely by chance. Within minutes, my skin started itching like crazy, and I could "feel" it turning pinkish. This rarely happens to me, and only when I use...

Bismuth Oxychloride...and high concentration of Talc.

This is mostly Talc, with heavy helpings of Bismuth Oxychloride, and Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (A synthetic mineral based on fluorine, aluminum and silicate). It's basically a desiccant and anti-perspirant...all in one. If I wore this over the Pro Filt'r Foundation, I'd look like a glittery raison (an itchy one) within minutes.