LANEIGE BB Cushion Hydra Radiance

LANEIGE BB Cushion Hydra Radiance

4.3

on 7/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Just got this, trying to find my HG BB cream as I don't like wearing foundation daily. I've used this multiple times in the last week, in combo with my other products and I've never had an issue. I don't use any cream products with it, i think it might make other cream products slip. Love this and the additional cartridge it comes with!

I LOVE THIS CUSHION! Cushions are my favorite type of foundation and Korean foundations and bbs and ccs work amazing for my skin and fit my skin tone so well. So besides my obsession with cushions rant here goes the review. For reference I have dry, sensitive skin and I have light skin. I think the cushion is really nice, it has a lovely light, dewy coverage and looks very natural on the skin. It feels really nice when I apply it, but I do have to take one lippie off for the scent though because it is incredibly strong and doesn't go away for hours. I don't think the scent really ever goes away, just fades. It lasts all day for me, but it does cling to my dry patches in the end of the day, but as long as I exfoliate, it's fine. There is also spf 50 inside which is really good, but I still wear sunscreen because I don't trust in a sense the sunscreen in makeup. Besides that I really love how it looks on my skin. The price is also really good, for CAD $49, you get the cushion, a refill and two puffs. Each cushion has 15g so with the refill you get 30g, the same as average foundation. This is relatively cheap for a cushion as many cushions cost about CAD $30 to $50 for one cushion and this costs about CAD $24.5. I also love the packaging, it looks beautiful and in the light it looks like the ombre rainbow you see in the pictures of the cushion. The puff is also really good, very firm, but not too firm, just firm enough that it applies well and looks great. The cushion is the average size of average cushions so it isn't very thin, but still very travel friendly. The packaging is very luxe looking. Overall, I really do like the cushion and I think I will purchase it again. If you want something similar, light, dewy coverage, but without the scent, try looking at the innisfree water fit cushion it only has spf 34, but it looks great and has a light green tea like scent opposed to the strong perfumey scent of the laneige cushion. It does cost about CAD $33 for a cushion, so more expensive, but at the shop I go to, they have a sale for CAD $25 for one and CAD $50 for two plus two extra puffs, so the price pretty good. You can also chose the case for the innisfree cushion, I think there is about 100 cases online and only about 20 at the store I go to, but they are all super cute and there are so many colours and designs. You can also chose the applicator for it so it's pretty customizable.

on 8/15/2017 2:55:00 PM

Laneige is one of my favorite brands for bb cushions as well for skin care. I've tried the Target version, the old pore control version and this version, which is being sold at Sephora. I thought the Target version was the same as this, just repackaged and revamped in shades, but I think they're a bit different.

In terms of coverage, this is VERY light coverage foundation. This seems to be a bit lighter in coverage than the Target version that I had tried first, and I found I had to apply a few layers to see a difference. It covers redness pretty well and does a pretty good job at evening out the complexion. My skin definitely feels soft and supple after putting this on.

I expected this to be the same level of dewiness as the Target version but the finish is a little shinier than satin - it definitely gives an acceptable sheen to my skin. I thought it would look dewier as time goes on, but the finish stays the same throughout. If you're looking for a really dewy foundation, this is not it.

Shades! I'm about NC30 and the darker shades (usually #23) of a lot of Korean cushions always are a shade lighter than me. I realize it is marketed that way because being paler is a Korean beauty standard. However, in Western standard, this is not an accurate shade match. Some cushions came out with a darker shade (usually #27) but that's darker than NC30 (probably NC35-40).

I got the shade #23, which is similar to Target's Light-Medium version (the Light-Medium was a little yellow-orangey though). However, this shade is DARKER than what most people are accustomed to what #23 is in most Korean cushions. My issue was that I was always in between #23 and #27 shades. So I'm really happy because this shade is a perfect match for me, and it's not too yellow or orange either.

I LOVE the new packaging. It is so luxurious looking and beautiful. And this might be a con to some, but I really really am in love with Laneige's fragrance in their cushions.

This was a good buy for me. You get a total 1 fl oz for about 40 bucks at Sephora, which is significantly cheaper than the cushion from its parent company, Amore Pacific - I suspect they're almost the same exact cushion.